Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Multitorix Davlen View Post
    darkskin yes, but its more to it than 'just' the skin color. Hair texture and facial features "should" theoretically be different than what we have.

also to the op, why are you against it? There should be little to no reason to be against different customization unless racism.
    They didn't say they were for or against it.

Quote Originally Posted by Swagstag View Post
    I'd argue the weapontrainer called Woo Ping wielding a katana probably is asian
    there's still places to be explored on azeroth isnt there so there's always a way
    There is no Asia on Azeroth. It's just something they didn't think about too deeply when they added this back in Classic. Probably just a nod towards real world martial arts fighters.

10+ Year Old Account
    I get why they're doing it.

Do I agree with it from a moral perspective? Yes.

Do I agree with it from a lore perspective? No.

We're coming up on 2020. It's been a running theme for the last 4-5 years that everyone is offended by everything and that everyone needs inclusion in any and everything for something to feel legitimate.

I don't agree with them adding these features to appease the offended masses. I don't agree from a lore standpoint that it's necessary.

I understand why many want these features and (myself included) understand and am excited for these features.

I don't believe it was necessary. At all. And it in fact fuels my frustration regarding social equality simply for social equality.

No one is asking writers to re-write books or include this race or this gender or non-gender in their works. Though some are doing so.

I also understand players wanting to feel more involved in their fiction based on their race or gender.

I do not, however, think it is necessary for companies to "bend the knee" to these wants, simply because of how inclusion and equality are evolving in society.

Gaming has always been about escapism. Among other things.

If you desire to play yourself in a world that has nothing to do with our own, you are restricting that escapism in place of realism, thus dumbing down the fictional world as it was originally created; as fictional.

It's cool. I'm excited for it. But is it necessary? No.

Not at all.

And from an immersion standpoint, it totally throws it under the bus.

But whatever.

We live in a generation that now has "non-binary" as a category for human beings. Which, to me, is funny, seeing as how deep being numbered runs in our history as a race. But by labeling anyone as essentially "no number" or "no gender" we are categorizing them/ourselves in the same way we seek to avoid. Except instead of it being forced by a hand outside our power it is being forced by ourselves as a means of inclusion and understanding, that in and of itself makes no sense.

People are people. We are human.

This doesn't need to be bled into fictional things like games and movies simply to appease the public.

It completely negates the idea of it being fiction.

Like people crying about non-transgender actors playing transgender roles.

It's called acting for a reason.

Just like it's called FANTASY FICTION for a reason.

All that said, the current updates look amazing and I am excited for them both as a player and a human.

But with THAT said, no, I dont think it is or was necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Dialout View Post
    Do I agree with it from a moral perspective? Yes.
    What the fuck do morals have to do with it? It's just a videogame. It's not immoral to not have black and asian options for character creation in a videogame.

I mean, Maybe? It could be remedied rather easily. The features in question (European included) can only come about through long periods of populations being geographically isolated from one another.

All that's missing would be a few lines of in game dialog about Azeroth being vast and there being many peoples and lands that are seldom visited by Western Kingdom humans. Occasionally through the decades travelers from these lands journey to the Western Kingdoms. Some of them pass through, some of them stay. That's really all the explanation or exposition the game would need. I don't really know all the lore well enough to know that that hasn't already been said anyway.

I am sure there are some idiots out there who hates options, but it doesn't make their arguments particularly valid, atleast if their arguments is " NO ASIANS OR AFRICANS IN MY VIDEOGAME " despite the fact that the skin tone has always been there but not the facial features that would accompany such skin tone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by How dare you View Post
    There is no Asia on Azeroth. It's just something they didn't think about too deeply when they added this back in Classic. Probably just a nod towards real world martial arts fighters.
    There's no America or Europe either, so there's no in world reason for Azerothian humanoid races to be white.

The argument against adding Asian and black looks would be stronger if all of the humanoid races had always been blue skinned or something (think of the aliens in Avatar). But given that the existing humanoid races look like white people from Europe there's no good reason NOT to add other ethnic appearances.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    are there any legitimate arguments against adding black and asian human options to Warcraft?
    other than the excess of skins for one race, and a huge lack for all the others by comparison? no. there are many shades and features of darker skinned people. and many shades and features of the asian population too. an Indian is going to look different than a korean in so many ways, a syrian may actually look white, but with a few feature changes on the face, not commonly found in European white people. its a lot of work to incorporate more cultural looks, than i feel you are realizing. it is absolutely deserving for more accurate representations, but do i think a company will actually develop it? no god no. they wont have green and orange drenai...red orcs, brindle taurens people should expect that level of detail options for other races too. not jsut humans. where are my jet black red/purple eyes drow elves? etc
    Last edited by hynx; 2019-11-09 at 02:13 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    As a black person i find adding black options offensive.
    And that's okay - you are free to feel offended.
    Hi

Blizzard: We're adding more customization options!

Correct Response: "Cool! More customization options for my player created fantasy characters" or "Eh, I don't really care."

Incorrect Response: Literally anything else.
    When in doubt, simply ask yourself: "What would Garrosh do?"

#wwgd

There are no legitimate arguments against black/Asian options for humans.

It's nothing more than "NO BLACK PEEPOLE AND NO ASIAN PEEPOLE IN MEH GAME!!" masked in fake concerns about "lore." This is what happens when entitled people feel as if their image is the only image that should be displayed.

Black and Asian people pay to play this game, why should they endure a character that doesn't resemble them if they want to roll a human?

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    There's no America or Europe either, so there's no in world reason for Azerothian humanoid races to be white.

The argument against adding Asian and black looks would be stronger if all of the humanoid races had always been blue skinned or something (think of the aliens in Avatar). But given that the existing humanoid races look like white people from Europe there's no good reason NOT to add other ethnic appearances.
    The person I argued with claimed that there might still be an Asia to be discovered on Azeroth and that an Asian-looking weapon trainer with an Asian name might be a hints toward that.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post

this ^^^

I'm telling you, the people that are complaining about this are just entitled cucks. you don't like black and Asian options? don't roll one, and stfu. that simple

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    As a black person i find adding black options offensive.
    They already had black option in game.....they just didn't have black hair styles. My human characters are black.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder what, if anything, will happen if someone mogs racially insensitive sets with these particular looks. Personally, I don't give a damn. More customization is always welcome for me. I want different faces for Pandaren too. lol

Anyone that has a problem with this from a lore perspective better be very bothered by certain pets and mounts in the game because they're far more lore breaking than adding ethnicity options to humans.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why are people so worried about skin tones?

remember that someone actually said the main reason they added asian customizations, is because blizzard is cowtowing to china.

Does it fit the lore ? maybe, maybe not, does that matter ?

You won't really see other peoples faces anyways. Zoomed to far out and they are 99 out of a 100 times wearing a helmet. So why make a big deal out of nothing ?
    If a black person or a asian person is happy that their character can be their own race. You really gonna be so damn petty to deny them of that just because it doesn't fit a fictional lore on characters you don't even see the faces on ?

There are so many problems with wow. This is the least fucking issue you need to worry about

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    are there any legitimate arguments against adding black and asian human options to Warcraft?
    There are none.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just wish they provided lore for it. I don't really think that's a super inflammatory desire.