Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Think we can expect any major announcement for Shadowlands?

So, I've been thinking... While I think the SL announcement was pretty okay, the presentation itself didn't blow me away.

Things I was expecting, that didn't get announced / not happening:
    - Cross-faction gameplay: While I never expected them to fully go away with factions and their tensions, this would be the perfect time to make this happen;
    - Housing: long, long overdue. I'm under the impression that blizzard already can do this, but is saving the feature as a panic button for when WoW is truly fading. (edit: inb4 someone "Garrison was WoW housing")
    - New class: Well, honestly I was on the hypetrain for a possible Tinker, but hey;

These things in particular are pretty big to not warrant a Blizzcon announcement, so I don't think they are happening anyways for Shadowlands... On the other side, I'm also thinking if we can expect any - major - selling point to be unveiled until beta.

No, you get recycled abilities, recycled features and a dumb story.

No new classes
    No new races
    no player housing
    No guild housing
    No major class overhaul - they specifically mentioned this at blizzcon, they said they would bring some abilities back but no major overhauls will happen.

Blizzard is literally experimenting with how little they can deliver and still keep subs at a profitable level with every subsequent patch

No cross faction raid or alike, they said so in the Q&A they had.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yhvh View Post
    (edit: inb4 someone "Garrison was WoW housing")
    It.. Was..

They literally said during the presentation for WoD that it was their version of player housing.

That's what you get for having crap forum made expectations.
    Warlock soloing https://www.youtube.com/user/Firedemon012 (old & abandoned)

Quote Originally Posted by Devilyaki View Post
    No cross faction raid or alike, they said so in the Q&A they had.
    yeah, I'm aware. Listed this in the things that are either not announced or not happening

We won't get any of these 3 atleast not in this expansion but there still might be some other features that are not announced.

For instance WQ system is getting a full revamp in what they are calling WQ's 2.0 but thats the only thing we know. They didn't talk about it at any pannel it was just slipped in an interview so its probably not ready to be shown or talked about yet. Remember M+ and WQ were both big features of Legion announced way after the announcement.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yhvh View Post
    So, I've been thinking... While I think the SL announcement was pretty okay, the presentation itself didn't blow me away.

Things I was expecting, that didn't get announced / not happening:
    - Cross-faction gameplay: While I never expected them to fully go away with factions and their tensions, this would be the perfect time to make this happen;
    - Housing: long, long overdue. I'm under the impression that blizzard already can do this, but is saving the feature as a panic button for when WoW is truly fading. (edit: inb4 someone "Garrison was WoW housing")
    - New class: Well, honestly I was on the hypetrain for a possible Tinker, but hey;

These things in particular are pretty big to not warrant a Blizzcon announcement, so I don't think they are happening anyways for Shadowlands... On the other side, I'm also thinking if we can expect any - major - selling point to be unveiled until beta.
    You aren't going to get any of those... not this expansion... if you were, they would have announced it...

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    I'd love to see player housing in the game, but iirc, Blizzard is pretty happy with garrisons, and they consider that matter mostly closed. I remember a blue post along the lines of "if you want player housing, your garrison from WoD is still right there where you left it" from a while back. I'm not happy with that response, but I guess Blizzard is.

I'd need something that allows a lot more customization than a garrison before I'd consider it a start towards proper player housing. From what I remember, we could race change our guards and got to decide where a few of the buildings went down in our garrisons, and that was....about it?

So I guess what I'm saying is I'd love to see player housing in the game, but I'm not expecting to hear that announcement from Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    It.. Was..

They literally said during the presentation for WoD that it was their version of player housing.
    It wasn't real housing.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefox72 View Post
    We won't get any of these 3 atleast not in this expansion but there still might be some other features that are not announced.

For instance WQ system is getting a full revamp in what they are calling WQ's 2.0 but thats the only thing we know. They didn't talk about it at any pannel it was just slipped in an interview so its probably not ready to be shown or talked about yet. Remember M+ and WQ were both big features of Legion announced way after the announcement.
    WQ 2.0 Bigger Better never get bored! Welcome to the Gear Galore

One can only hope that they start to dial down a bit in case of WQ.

Did my 10k AV in Legion......... for comparison 17.12.2017 10k WQ so roughly 1 Year and 4 months after release.
    10k Dailys 24.08.2014 now count how many Addons that were hint hint maybe 5^^

It´s one thing to have something to do and another to get spam with thinks you "could" do and the rewards where just to good for that.

Would love to go back to the "old" days, do Dailys maybe 4 weeks and be done with it and enjoy other aspects of the Game.

And yes i was one of those who thought "Ok there is something new on the Map let´s do it" i lastest till around Hell Fire Citadel and then quitted for the first time, yeah yeah i know "it´s your own fault" and i see it now.

But coming back here and there in BFA and seeing how easily and with no real effort i can gear up a Char is just meh....

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    You aren't going to get any of those... not this expansion... if you were, they would have announced it...
    This is literally what I said in the last paragraph lol...

If they aren't dumb, they have already seen the backlash from their bland expansion reveal. Hopefully, they will patch in new class asap, to cut the losses now. But knowing the prideful Ion (whose only achievement so far is presiding over the massive retail MAU loss) they probably wouldn't do it.

Really don't see anything major getting announced. So far we have new zones, updated AP/artifact grind, updated legendary system, and a rogue-like dungeon. All of things are fine but none of them are a really big feature, IMO. The only thing that's giving me hope is just how much classes are worked on / un-pruned.

No wonder people will never be happy with an expansion reveal and call it lackluster; you expect shit that is just never going to happen. Player housing and cross faction gameplay have never been on the cards. Not even close.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

This expansion is like the new blue print for how much they can get away with NOT giving us in a new expansion.

"Do we really need to give them something new? We have sooooo much to fix, let's just patch it up and call it a new expansion."
    "Good idea! You deserve more money!"
    "=D"

Has anyone considered that while this expansion has less features announced, each of these features could be incredibly fleshed out beyond anything we've seen before??

Yeah, possible removal of some things we've seen or a dramatic change to certain things. (targeting gear comes to mind)

Could try and make them aware of this dudes huge work on the necromancer class;

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...er-Hero-Class?

It fits pretty well with the expansions theme and it could be a huge workload off their shoulders when doing the concepts. Atleast I dont shy away from putting it out there for them to see