Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

What keeps you playing?

With phase 2 starting on Tues. Bringing the much needed honor system for pvpers. What has kept you playing all along?

After raids fell through (did some MC but was bored out of my mind) and the 20th run through all the dungeons I've found the only thing I can really enjoy in Classic is alt leveling atm, i just level alt after alt after alt... guess I'll have an army for the inevitable TBC classic lol....

But what keeps YOU playing?

I didn't get to 60 yet lol.

Quote Originally Posted by FAILoZOFF View Post
    I didn't get to 60 yet lol.
    That's a great way to do it honestly, leveling is by far the most rewarding part of classic, I wish I didn't have such a rush mentality with it, its gotten better my last few alts though and I've stopped and read quests

Just doing a few dungeon at 60 , and cant be bothered levelling alts. Also allways enjoyed 10mans small raids so 40 Mans not gonna be me

Just waiting on the actually fun raids to come out.

Our regular pug has gotten Molten Core down to a couple hour clear so that's nice.

We did a cleave grp and got to 60 in about two weeks. Had a break, did one run in MC and then never came back. The lack of content in classic is just silly.
    But we all knew that.

Nothing. Bored already...

Still not to 60. Leveling several toons. Playing different races and factions is like playing a new game each time. Still having a blast.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    We did a cleave grp and got to 60 in about two weeks. Had a break, did one run in MC and then never came back. The lack of content in classic is just silly.
    But we all knew that.
    I mean that sounds like you did the most optimal way to get bored as fast as possible,so it's on you,really.

I'm still having fun,got to 60 a couple weeks ago and now I'm helping build a guild from the ground up.Most of them never raided or did so very casually (LFR and such) so it's pretty interesting to see the growth of each player and the guild as a whole.

Friends, raids and the idea that pvp is soon here but I have been playing a lot of borderlands 3 this week

Not really wow classics fault, just catching up on other game’s during down time

i'm only 43 on my priest (questing, reading quests) and 32 on druid (dungeons since lvl 18) . so still a lot to explore and do. bit more busy with life though so not that much progress last 2 weeks. hope that with p2 the world doesnt turn in crazy gank place where i won't be able to quest in the limited time i have.

Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    Not much right now.

I made it to level 46, and at some point around that, I started losing interest. It's been a couple of weeks since the last time I played and did anything more serious than run circles around Ironforge for a couple of minutes.

Made it to 41 on my Paladin, couldnt take it anymore.

Had a break, then started leveling a rogue. He is lvl 21 and I got a feeling I wont reach 60 with this one either lol

The only thing keeping me playing is that I still don't have all my gear from MC so I login for two hours every week to clear it along with Onyxia.

We're in a massive content drought right now, hopefully it gets a little better once BWL and ZG comes out because outside of raids Classic doesn't add any content over time.

Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    I mean that sounds like you did the most optimal way to get bored as fast as possible,so it's on you,really.

I'm still having fun,got to 60 a couple weeks ago and now I'm helping build a guild from the ground up.Most of them never raided or did so very casually (LFR and such) so it's pretty interesting to see the growth of each player and the guild as a whole.
    Maybe but the difference here is, retail actually has content, classic does not.
    Then again I've done it a few times befor. It's an old version after all.

the hope for a good WSG scene

Hopefully they allow alliance to que into alliance eventually. Cuz i suspect alliance is just gonna dumpster horde across most servers on average

we shall see tho

10+ Year Old Account
    Even though the game is simple in most aspects, I'm actually having loads of fun and enjoying doing the dungeons, raids, and farming gold. Looking forward to adding PvP to the list as well. Basically, it's a good game so I can keep playing it. Can't say the same for retail.

Mostly I want to experience the raids I never got to experience. Now that I have Perdition's Blade, I also have a new found pride in my character. He's not just some prebis aspirant now, he's legit. It makes me more excited to play. The gold grind is real and daunting. To be fully decked out in consumables every raid three times a week (soon to be 4) takes a lot of time. Skorpok powder, gold for elixirs, health pots, E'ko, Firewater, etc. etc. etc. takes a big chunk of my time.

Finally, the game is actually fun. Melee combat is fun, and the theorycrafting is fun. I look forward to figuring out gearing decisions in AQ and Naxx.

Sadly, there's nothing better around.

Wish i could leave this ancient relic behind but none of its competitors are worth my time and money.

Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    Melee combat is fun
    What do you play? Honestly I have a hard time with the melee classes I play, most of the time you're just auto attacking and waiting.

APM for the majority of specs is below even FFXIV levels and people find that slow.