Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Torghast and multiboxing

You think maybe that will give them an unfair advantage?

I mean multiboxing has always bothered me personally, because it means some guy somewhere pushes one button and basically is 5 times as strong as a normal player pushing that button while playing only one character.

Now normally you can say, multiboxers won't really be able to do any kind of meaningful content.

But I could see them doing very well in Torghast.

Torghast is soloable anyway, but in a group you are most likely at an advantage. Because let's say you unlock a skill on every character, there's a certain advantage to doing it in a group as opposed to doing it solo, as they've said that there are abilities like the one where you will see what mobs carry a lot of Anima, and that would be a skill only one character would have to pick, as he can then communicate this to the rest of the group (and the multiboxer won't even need that). As a solo player that means that when you pick that skill, that's it for that choice. But in a group that frees up your group members to pick additional talents, or the multiboxer gets to pick different skills for his different characters, therefore possibly achieving some kind of synergy between characters that the solo player won't be able to get. Thus creating an advantage for the guy who only has to push one button for his 5 characters to all execute the same attack.

The way I see it Blizzard has to do something against these people. Why should I be at a disadvantage just because I only pay one sub a month. Why should the guy paying for 5 subs each month get to craft more legendaries more quickly?
    Last edited by How dare you; 2019-11-06 at 12:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Multiboxing always has given an unfair advantage in basically everything. The only reason Blizzard allows it is because every extra account earns them more money.
    Multiboxers farming the same herb and minerals nodes with 8 druids.
    Multiboxers oneshotting you with the push of one button.
    Multiboxers saving 4 hours of camping 'cause they get the Rarespawn / Worldboss kill for all their alts in one go.

Etc. Etc.

I personally hope Torghast is too much of a skill check after the first few floors for this to happen.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Quote Originally Posted by How dare you View Post

I mean multiboxing has always bothered me personally, because it means some guy somewhere pushes one button and basically is 5 times as strong as a normal player pushing that button while playing only one character.

Now normally you can say, multiboxers won't really be able to do any kind of meaningful content.

Torghast is soloable anyway, but in a group you are most likely at an advantage. Because let's say you unlock a skill on every character, there's a certain advantage to doing it in a group as opposed to doing it solo, as they've said that there are abilities like the one where you will see what mobs carry a lot of Anima, and that would be a skill only one character would have to pick, as he can then communicate this to the rest of the group (and the multiboxer won't even need that). As a solo player that means that when you pick that skill, that's it for that choice. But in a group that frees up your group members to pick additional talents, or the multiboxer gets to pick different skills for his different characters, therefore possibly achieving some kind of synergy between characters that the solo player won't be able to get. Thus creating an advantage for the guy who only has to push one button for his 5 characters to all execute the same attack.

The way I see it Blizzard has to do something against these people. Why should I be at a disadvantage just because I only pay one sub a month. Why should the guy paying for 5 subs each month get to craft more legendaries more quickly?
    Unless the thing is tuned like shit, you wont get anywhere meaningful in Torghast while multiboxing.

Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    Multiboxing always has given an unfair advantage in basically everything. The only reason Blizzard allows it is because every extra account earns them more money.
    Multiboxers saving 4 hours of camping 'cause they get the Rarespawn / Worldboss kill for all their alts in one go.

Etc. Etc.

I personally hope Torghast is too much of a skill check after the first few floors for this to happen.
    Well what I mean is, multiboxers won't be able to solo hard content.

As far as herbs go, that has only become true recently, as nodes weren't always shared. I don't know how it worked before nodes were shared, what if 5 players clicked on the same node all simultaneously, did they all get it then?

And of course it is unfair in PvP, but you know that has never had such a big impact.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Krille View Post
    Unless the thing is tuned like shit, you wont get anywhere meaningful in Torghast while multiboxing.
    They said that it's tuned so that even a group of only dps could do it without problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post

Etc. Etc.

There is a reason why multiboxing doesn't work in competitive content which based on how they are managed. First of all as far as we know the tower scales 1-5 players so capping the conversation at that. Having only 1 class/spec would limit your utility greatly. Also because commands come out of 1 account/keys, you are severely limited on cooldown use, stun, interrupt etc that a normal 5 man group would bring.

On top of that, tower can come with move/down move, fixate, interrupt, stun, dodge mechanics that targets the group as a whole or different requirements for different individuals in the group which would make multiboxing pretty impossible at later stages.

Multibox Torghast to get benefit on 5 characteres could make sense.

Multibox Torghast to get benefit on your main is completely absurd....you get 5x the challenge and a 5x Multibox setup can not even remotely compare to a group of five.

This make no sense at all.

But anyway the shocking thing is that you are worried about Multiboxing but you don't see to be worried that this game is not ( and never has been) balanced around solo content.
    This was a non issue on tower challenge because we have differente encounters for different specs but in Torghast there's gonna be godly specs (BM as obvious example) and other who can not even dream of that potential.

LOL

Really???

I'm not sure if you are serious or trolling... because if you are serious this is pathetic.

#1: Multiboxers pay more subs than you. Why should Blizzard prevent them from using their multiple accounts??

#2: Multiboxers or people with multiple accounts are free to use their gameplay time the way they want, as long as they don't use forbidden addons.

#3: Crafting 5 legendaries is 5x more expensive than crafting 1. I know, this concept is mindblowing! So i don't see the disadvange you are having by soloing the tower??

#4: Btw, you can always team up with people in group finder anytime of the day, if you need a group. That tool exists since many expansions ago...
    Last edited by RangerDaz; 2019-11-06 at 06:26 PM.

Let's imagine an issue and discuss it super seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Testodruid View Post
    and underestimate the theoretical AI of Torghast.
    We've seen their PvE design for 15 years now. I think we can take a guess on how it will work.

Maybe they'll include the advanced Islands AI for mobs jumping around in circles.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RangerDaz View Post
    LOL

Really???

I'm not sure if you are serious or trolling... because if you are serious this is pathetic.

#1: Multiboxers pay more subs than you. Why should Blizzard prevent them from using their multiple accounts??

#2: Multiboxers or people with multiple accounts are free to use their gameplay time the way they want, as long as they don't use forbidden addons.

#3: Crafting 5 legendaries is 5x more expensive than crafting 1. I know, this concept is mindblowing! So i don't see the disadvange you are having by soloing the tower??

#4: Btw, you can always team up with people in group finder anytime of the day, if you need a group. That tool exists since many expansions ago...
    They should fix multiboxers being able to farm nodes, otherwise everything else is fine. A single, bored multiboxer can ruin the material economy on any server.

Also, a multiboxer doing Torghast can technically create 5+ legendaries in the time it takes to make 1, because each character gets a legendary as you farm. By the time I get one, he'll have 5 or more across all his characters.
    Last edited by Jazzhands; 2019-11-06 at 06:48 PM.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Won't be an issue. There's a reason there isn't any challenging content done like this (arena, m+ or raids of any difficulty).

Can it be sophisticated? Yeah, but all of my experiences with multi boxing just take advantage of extreme focus fire, uniform movement and opposition being disorganized.

5+ Year Old Account
    Disadvantage of is if all their toons get stunned/stuck in a massive dmg AOE.

While a normal team can keep your group alive if the healer avoids it.

Just an example.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    They should fix multiboxers being able to farm nodes, otherwise everything else is fine. A single, bored multiboxer can ruin the material economy on any server.

Also, a multiboxer doing Torghast can technically create 5+ legendaries in the time it takes to make 1, because each character gets a legendary as you farm. By the time I get one, he'll have 5 or more across all his characters.
    Multiboxers using forbidden addons, like addons making their gameplay and farming for them while they are afk, will get penalties or bans.

Multiboxers that play more than one account together have the same rights are many people playing in a group, no?

There are some restrictions for Multiboxers like in PVP, where in some places /follow is locked (which is one of the core multiboxer commands btw).

if multiboxers want to farm nodes WITHOUT bot programs, i dont see any problem, they are in their right to do it, like a group of friends farming together.

As i said in the previous post, 5 legendaries require 5x more mats. Im sure that legendaries will require other mats besides the ones acquired in the tower. Still they need to farm for 5 alts. There isn't that big disadvantage. Probably if you team with a group of friends / LFG it will be much more efficient than multiboxing with 5 alts for legendaries.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RangerDaz View Post
    Multiboxers using forbidden addons, like addons making their gameplay and farming for them while they are afk, will get penalties or bans.

Multiboxers that play more than one account together have the same rights are many people playing in a group, no?

There are some restrictions for Multiboxers like in PVP, where in some places /follow is locked (which is one of the core multiboxer commands btw).

if multiboxers want to farm nodes WITHOUT bot programs, i dont see any problem, they are in their right to do it, like a group of friends farming together.

As i said in the previous post, 5 legendaries require 5x more mats. Im sure that legendaries will require other mats besides the ones acquired in the tower. Still they need to farm for 5 alts. There isn't that big disadvantage. Probably if you team with a group of friends / LFG it will be much more efficient than multiboxing with 5 alts for legendaries.
    It may be 5 times the material required, but you're farming 5x the materials that a single person would in the same time frame. In this sense, when I build a single legendary, a multiboxer is building 5, because they build 1 per character. I don't have an issue with this, just wanted to clear that up.

As far as nodes go, nodes being harvestable by multiple people is a pretty recent thing, and it benefits multiboxers to such a crazy extent while also having a negative impact on others. That's the problem. Multiboxing in general doesn't really have a negative effect on anyone in the long run, except when it comes to this, because when you can just run 5+ druids and get 5x the materials per node as I can, i'm never going to make any decent form of money from farming nodes because said multiboxer can just flood the market with low prices and make it not worth my time.

It may be 5 times the material required, but you're farming 5x the materials that a single person would in the same time frame. In this sense, when I build a single legendary, a multiboxer is building 5, because they build 1 per character. I don't have an issue with this, just wanted to clear that up.

As far as nodes go, nodes being harvestable by multiple people is a pretty recent thing, and it benefits multiboxers to such a crazy extent while also having a negative impact on others. That's the problem. Multiboxing in general doesn't really have a negative effect on anyone in the long run, except when it comes to this, because when you can just run 5+ druids and get 5x the materials per node as I can, i'm never going to make any decent form of money from farming nodes because said multiboxer can just flood the market with low prices and make it not worth my time.
    AH is changing in 8.3. Probably addresses lots of problems, including the sinking prices of certain players. We will have to wait and see.

3+ Year Old Account

We don't know what the balancing will be like, who knows, maybe solo'ing it will be the easiest way to go about it.

I really hope that MBx will be banned from wow, at least from Torghast.

It doesn't matter if they have an advantage in torghast because you can't sell legendaries and you shouldn't worry about people's alts

Of course if you do then you also care about ppl doing split runs

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xidoc View Post
    I really hope that MBx will be banned from wow, at least from Torghast.
    No reason to though

Multiboxing should be punished by 3/6/perma bans.

Unless they can prove they physicall use 1 keyboard, 1 mouse, 1 monitor for each and every char without any form of automation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    It doesn't matter if they have an advantage in torghast because you can't sell legendaries and you shouldn't worry about people's alts

Of course if you do then you also care about ppl doing split runs
    I don't, and already said this in a post in this very thread. My only issue with multiboxers is how they can effect a servers economy due to a relatively recent change in how nodes work.