10+ Year Old Account

What was the drama surrounding Michael "Mike" Morhaime on 2018 Blizzcon?

Hello. Sorry if this cannot be posted in this section but apparently few people in my guild discord told me that Morhaime was kicked off or was "snuffed" out from being CEO by Activision and got Brack to fill. I was kinda confused as I never heard of this till today and have been trying to find information on this but haven't, since it's all been rumors.

Hopefully some of you can confirm. Thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just some tinfoil conspiracy with nothin to back it up.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

I don't think anyone really knows the inside story of why he stepped down except for Morhaime and a few others but he had been president of Bliz for a long time and probably has like $500m stashed away and was ready to retire. Which is what he said when he stepped down.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mike Morhaime retired. As far as anyone knows he's still fine with Blizzard. He stayed on for a few months to help with the transition to a new management team. Anything else you might have heard is likely conspiracy mongering or something created to cause drama and confuse people.

https://www.polygon.com/2018/10/3/17...sident-resigns

Closing this as answered.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."