How the new leveling system might work

One of the big questions about the new leveling system is “how will the calculations work” and another is “how quickly will you be able to level.

The first question is easily answered:
    Current cap which is 120 becomes 50.
    Divide 50 by 120.
    The answer is essentially the equation you can use to find the level of a character after the squish which is I think .41 so a level 110 would be about 46.

This leads to the next questions answer:

Previous content gets a bit of a leveling boost currently anyway and I have been leveling my 110 toons during the new event. About 2 hours of dungeon runs makes 110-120.

So 2 hours gets the last 4 levels with no nerf.

A fresh toon could probably pop 1-50 in about 15 hours. Now shadowlands is likely different.

The legion levels had 400-470k exp required while the current levels are at 800-880k

So 2 hours for the current levels will be easily 4 times longer possibly more since it’s fresh content with no heirlooms and no dungeon spam unless you have friends.

So how wrong do you think I am.

Leveling from 1 to 50 will be around 60-70% faster.

Source: https://youtu.be/6OHDAwg-Tw4?t=1093

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    So how wrong do you think I am.
    A lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Lionhearte0 View Post
    Leveling from 1 to 50 will be around 60-70% faster.

Source: https://youtu.be/6OHDAwg-Tw4?t=1093

A lot.
    I’m wondering if they boost it

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    I’m wondering if they boost it
    They've been very clear. 1-50 (i.e. 1-120 in current terms) will be 60-70% faster. They've also stated that you'll be able to do 1-50 in a single expansion if you want to.

I think expecting it to be any faster/slower than that is a bit weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    They've been very clear. 1-50 (i.e. 1-120 in current terms) will be 60-70% faster. They've also stated that you'll be able to do 1-50 in a single expansion if you want to.

They have stated that you will be able to level from 10-50 in any single expansion you want. 1-10 being the 'intro to your class/race' whereas Allied Races will all start at 10 to be able to jump straight to where you want to level.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LiteTheWay View Post
    They have stated that you will be able to level from 10-50 in any single expansion you want. 1-10 being the 'intro to your class/race' whereas Allied Races will all start at 10 to be able to jump straight to where you want to level.
    Yes, sorry for forgetting the initial levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post

It’s 10-50 because you have either the new starter area or the racial area for the first