Original EverQuest designer Brad McQuaid has died

Quote Originally Posted by Ryonas View Post
    awww...that was a good game for it's time. It's not so great now, but used to be quite good.
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

I remember spending a lot of time farming Mistmoore for Hooded Black Cloak, and Hill Giants for plat in Rathe. Great game with an amazing soundtrack at the time. He did great work.

Everquest had me hooked for ages
    Farming Jboots took me some time then the EC tunnel trading amongst many other things.
    It was for all its faults a decently social game.

10+ Year Old Account
    I started playing EQ back in 99. This got me right in the feels.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

R.I.P. Aradune.

*For those that remember EQ and "The Vision"...
    Last edited by Dadwen; 2019-11-20 at 01:20 PM.

Many youngins here don't realize WoW was built on EQ's blue print, it was a great game for it's time. I really loved it because it was almost exclusively adults who played it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I still occasionally have nightmares about farming Kurn's for XP only to be trained by waves of Burynai.

Ever quest necro was one of my favorite classes in any mmo. Had a ton of fun running off the boat into qeynos sewers with the homies, group of erudite necros.

Quote Originally Posted by Moadar View Post
    Ever quest necro was one of my favorite classes in any mmo. Had a ton of fun running off the boat into qeynos sewers with the homies, group of erudite necros.
    Never take a TL from a necro

10+ Year Old Account
    aww

I had fun for the little I played. Never could get past level 20 because my internet sucked so bad. 20-30 minutes to change zones. I still miss my little elemental dudes.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Never take a TL from a necro
    Haha yeah, I've seen that , necro gets a free EE at least

Can't forget the old Train to KC, only to discover a train to DL on the other side of the zoneline.
    Last edited by Inequs; 2019-11-20 at 10:51 PM. Reason: I so can't type

Quote Originally Posted by Inequs View Post
    Haha yeah, I've seen that , necro gets a free EE at least

Can't forget the old Train to KC, only to discover a train to DL on the other side of the zoneline.
    Ahh the old Crush or DVinn to zone days... sigh...
    or the every popular Sgt Slate to zone...

*or running the wall and Kith at night and hitting Disney land (Rivervale) on the way...

Am I one with the freaking wall yet!!!!!!
    Last edited by Dadwen; 2019-11-20 at 11:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dadwen View Post
    Ahh the old Crush or DVinn to zone days... sigh...
    or the every popular Sgt Slate to zone...

*or running the wall and Kith at night and hitting Disney land (Rivervale) on the way...

Am I one with the freaking wall yet!!!!!!
    Those Crushbone belts and pads were such good plat for a fledgling player. Could get a full set of bronze really early. Pretty sure they were like 2pp per belt and a little more for the pads.

What a game. I only played for 2 or 3 years. Jumped ship with my guild when WoW hit. We weren't really endgame but we tried and had a lot of fun. I have more fond memories from EQ than WoW. And the music. Unsurpassed by any game before or after.

Pity I never got into EverQuest, my first MMOs were Legend of Mir and Mu Online way back in 2001 (and subsequently numerous Asian MMOs before getting into WoW during TBC).

Felt like I really missed out...

Quote Originally Posted by Inequs View Post
    Everquest had me hooked for ages
    Farming Jboots took me some time then the EC tunnel trading amongst many other things.
    It was for all its faults a decently social game.
    I relegated myself to keeping a stack of Draught of the Wolf or whatever it was called. SoW in a bottle.

I was just thinking today that I'm getting so old that pretty soon the generation that made video games when I was younger is going to start dying like old comics creators, actors, directors etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    That sucks.

I never got around to Everquest, but it paved the way for a lot of games that I've enjoyed over the years (including WoW, which I've spent an insane amount of time playing).

I think this sums up the feels