Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    "Relevant rewards?" Are you forgetting BC was the expansion of "you had to go through every tier in order to advance to the next one and good luck if you got your tanks/healers attuned and they jumped to a better guild?" I'd say rep rewards were even MORE important then than they are now. Cenarion Expedition had the best feral weapon before T5, which most raiders didn't even get to. And remembering that raiding was an even more niche activity than it is now with more difficulty settings and accessibility.
    Okay, here's my challenge to you:
    Post the Daily quests for Cenarion Expedition
    (and preferably explain how something can be timegated when you also could farm Reputations in repeatable dungeons).

And to be clear on that, we are talking about timegating in the sense that the game artifically blocks you off from progressing (such as daily or weekly lockouts).
    To refresh your memory here a litte bit on your statement, because you seemingly need it
    Reps have been time gated for as long as there have been dailies, which was BC.
    Obviously, a flawed statement in itself, because all the factions relevant for the attunements were introduced in 2.0 (You know, TBC release) and Dailies didn't even exist until 2.1, hence it is factually impossible for those attunement be timegated based on dailies, as those factions existed before dailies were even in the game.
    As for your "play the patch" snide, are you forgetting that 2.4 was the patch that added dailies in almost every older zone that you'd have to cycle around to do. Hmm, where does that sound familiar?
    You mean *newly* added quests that are relevant to the plot of the current patch, rather doing the same quest that you've been doing since x.0?
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2020-12-07 at 02:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dontrelleroosevelt View Post
    I’m not impressed with it so far, and it feels like a slightly better version of Legion, which isn’t saying much, given that Legion and Pandaria were the two worst expansions to date, overall.
    I mean you say that like your opinion is a fact, but most of the playerbase thinks legion and MoP are above WoD and BfA.

So the Isle of Quel'danas didn't ever exist.
    I'm a thread killer.

There is to much timegating ends up being nothing to do for a week untill reset, basically play for a few hours on the weekend and your done till next reset.

Campaign/Renown/conduit tree all timegated.

Torghast only 2 wings per week does your legendary drop from a wing thats not available this week? to bad wait another week.

Maw (altho a good thing since the zone is obviously not finished and is terrible)

Basically everything thats new is timegated.

Raid lockouts are time gates.
    Spawn timers are time gates.
    Crafting duration is a time gate.
    Arena points were a time gate.

They just added more power progression paths and gave it roughly the same progression speed.
    They could have locked you progression behind some badges, which you would only get after looting mythic bosses or created some materials which only drop from mythic bosses. Same stuff from different angle.
    Comparing to the old days does nothing, it's exactly the same, we just have more power progression points. Casuals wait for out of the raid one while others wait for weekly reset.

Quote Originally Posted by RedditIsDown View Post
    Nice necro. OP is hilariously accurate in their prediction though.
    Not really. I'm coming to find that a lot of the necessity people seem to be feeling to grind things out is completely not needed. Venari rep from trying to max your time in the maw is dwarfed by the weeklies she gives. I mean it feels like a drag and then bam weeklies push you to the spot on schedule. It's probably possible to be at the rep higher than I am now, but that would require way more effort than it's worth as every Tuesday you're just shuffled that much closer. Unless you're a top 100 guild there's no reason to be forcing Venari rep or any rep really. At most I would say with Venari for example you might save 1 week of time by spending ridiculous time and energy now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by james2400 View Post
    There is to much timegating ends up being nothing to do for a week untill reset, basically play for a few hours on the weekend and your done till next reset.

Campaign/Renown/conduit tree all timegated.

Torghast only 2 wings per week does your legendary drop from a wing thats not available this week? to bad wait another week.

Maw (altho a good thing since the zone is obviously not finished and is terrible)

Basically everything thats new is timegated.
    There's no way you're doing all 8 mythic dungeons and everything else that is weekly in a few hours.