Mushrooms to help fix plastic problem?

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/11/13/t...ead/index.html

Fascinating stuff. Replacing plastic with this organic based material.
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

7+ Year Old Account
    Mushrooms fix a lot of things. Especially the ones that can help you get through/forget a bad time.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are a lot of good organic alternatives to plastic.

They tend to get bought out by big companies and shut down.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds great as long as the cost is not increased significantly and the durability of the items is good.
    Last edited by Flarelaine; 2019-11-14 at 09:25 AM. Reason: Sorry, I was not paying attention and clicked edit instead of reply. My bad.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Fungi are as large a part of the living world as animals or plants and we are barely becoming conscious of them. I have great hopes for research in that field.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Sounds great as long as the cost is not increased significantly and the durability of the items is good.
    Most plastic products as we use them now do not actually need durability beyond a number of weeks.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Most plastic products as we use them now do not actually need durability beyond a number of weeks.
    Many do however. Such as the Pex water piping in my house. Which is far superior and even easier to install then copper. The natural gas line coming into my home was replaced decades ago with a plastic underground pipe, which will never need replaced for hundreds of years. Then we have numerous items around our house which offers a superior longevity to other substances at a cheaper cost.

Do not get me wrong, I am all for using less plastics if alternatives is renewable and the substances will work just as well. Such as grocery and shopping bags, straws, etc. And if these mushrooms can do that, I am all for it.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Many do however. Such as the Pex water piping in my house. Which is far superior and even easier to install then copper. The natural gas line coming into my home was replaced decades ago with a plastic underground pipe, which will never need replaced for hundreds of years. Then we have numerous items around our house which offers a superior longevity to other substances at a cheaper cost.

Do not get me wrong, I am all for using less plastics if alternatives is renewable and the substances will work just as well. Such as grocery and shopping bags, straws, etc. And if these mushrooms can do that, I am all for it.
    And I think the mushroom stuff is intended for the disposables anyway. Piping is one of the best uses of plastic.

Great read and it gets my hopes up for the future. With big investors interested in the company hopefully they can help with manufacturing infrastructure and regulation requirements to get the ball rolling.
    illuminati all over my body