Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by d00mh4cker View Post
    Why TBC Classic when you can have MoP Classic or Legion Classic who are according to polls much more appreciated expansions.
    Just re-release the expansions in order, they are not gonna skip over an expansion if they plan on releasing more than just Classic
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Gurluas View Post
    Then again, I don't have faith in the modern Blizzard to carry on the spirit of Vanilla wow.
    So then you don't play Classic, which is after Vanilla?

Quote Originally Posted by Sosua View Post
    So then you don't play Classic, which is after Vanilla?
    Classic is Vanilla. The problem would come if they were to add new content. The lore has been going off the deep end since late Wotlk and it's only gotten worse. Heck even TBC started thrashing Wc3 lore.

I am perfectly fine if they want to do a "Kelvin timeline" version of WoW where they just... do something other than the Burning Crusade, both plot wise and design wise. Keep iterating on level 60, or raise cap but instead of Outland you open new zones on Azeroth. Level 60 Karazhan raid, etc.

All it takes is to do it as a different servier you can COPY, not transfer, your Classic characters onto.

10+ Year Old Account
    All I see is posts saying how messed up classic wow is.

Like, bad balancing, poor mechanics, respec costs, easy content, too much epic drops, no flight paths.
    And people are asking for transmogs, flying, free respec, better balance, barber, more races etc etc.

Can Blizzard please just release Classic+ already?!
    What the hell did you expect? You wanted classic and you got it, with all its faults.
    Aye mate

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    What the hell did you expect? You wanted classic and you got it, with all its faults.
    You do realise that not EVERYONE who wanted classic wanted it to be a pure untouched classic right?
    Theres not just 1 social club that everyone is in that plays Classic.

Infact, its possible that the people who scream for a untouched classic are just the vocal MINORITY.
    If subs start dropping theres a real possibility a Classic+ will start up.

10+ Year Old Account
    you all wanted buggy classic servers now you got em now you want new classic content?? that's not happening

Bring on Classic-, 1bit ASCII only, acoustic coupler required for play.

How about No, please? We just have classic released and you expecting more asap.. Please be patient or move on to different game.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurluas View Post
    In Vanilla High elves were part of the Alliance though, and Blood elves were actually neutral/Illidari.
    A Classic+ would build upon vanilla, not retcon it.

Blood elves in the Horde never made sense, and was a forced thing back in TBC. The High elves in Vanilla are Alliance, and the High elves had very very bad blood with the Horde. Furthermore, the Blood elves actually being on Azeroth outside of a few individuals was a retcon, according to Vanilla lore, Quel'thalas had been almost entirely destroyed with it's entire population slain. Blood elves were in Outland with Illidan.
    Except they weren't retconned? 90 - 95% of them left the Alliance in WC3. The one's that didn't follow Kael'thas to outlands went back to Quel'thalas to retake it. In BC they joined the horde, in hopes of re-uniting with Kael'thas.
    What you've seen, is just a story moving forward naturally.

"Classic+" won't happen, because there's too many people who want different things, and too many who just want the old vanilla experience.

Besides, QOL updates for Classic just lead to...what the game is now. So I'd suggest to play that instead if you want Classic+. It will even have the same level cap in the next expansion

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Squigglyo View Post
    You do realise that not EVERYONE who wanted classic wanted it to be a pure untouched classic right?

Infact, its possible that the people who scream for a untouched classic are just the vocal MINORITY.
    I was one of those people. I actually played it back in the day. I knew how terrible it really was. I would love a real remake with updated graphics and classes. But they were very clear with what people would get with classic.
    Aye mate

And then people will complain that they dared to change the game and will go back to making private servers (hell, there's people complaining that Classic as it is, is too different) or that Classic+ didn't turn out how they expected and they'll be screaming for Classic++, Retail-, or some other bullshit.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    Also, it's should HAVE. NOT "should of". "Should of" doesn't even make sense. If you think you should own a cat, do you say "I should of a cat" or "I should have a cat"? Do you HAVE cats, or do you OF cats?

All I see is posts saying how messed up classic wow is.

Like, bad balancing, poor mechanics, respec costs, easy content, too much epic drops, no flight paths.
    And people are asking for transmogs, flying, free respec, better balance, barber, more races etc etc.

Can Blizzard please just release Classic+ already?!
    Yeah, it's called retail. You've had it for 14 years or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorp View Post
    Except they weren't retconned? 90 - 95% of them left the Alliance in WC3. The one's that didn't follow Kael'thas to outlands went back to Quel'thalas to retake it. In BC they joined the horde, in hopes of re-uniting with Kael'thas.
    What you've seen, is just a story moving forward naturally.
    They did leave the Alliance officially but in practice they still had ties and many High elves were in the Alliance. I.E the Dalarani High elves and the Priests in Wc3.
    There was no mention of Blood elves trying to retake Quel'thalas until TBC afaik. During Vanilla you had Alliance High elves in great numbers in the lodges and such, and neutral/hostile Blood elves, with strong implications the Blood elves came from Outland and served Illidan.

People who advocate for Classic+ should be put in front of a firing squad.

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    No one wants classic+ the way you want it. People want classic+ the way they want it. Everyone's version of classic+ is different and that's why it's never gonna be a thing.

Took a decade for blizz to rerelease vanilla as classic. It brought back a lot of the old players who werent happy with retail. This was low cost. Developing classic+ is gonna cost more money, and is not gonna gain enough additional subs to be worth it. Plus youd be splitting an already niche playerbase, even more.

I wish you all luck but please get some perspective.
    It worked with Runescape. Additional content in the spirit of the original game. IE more raids and content without stuff like flying or new worlds or etc.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Squigglyo View Post

Why on Earth would Blizzard want to reinvent the wheel and commit to maintaining THREE different versions of their game? That makes absolutely no business sense on any level. If subs do drop significantly, Blizzard will simply issue a "we told you so" statement and shut the Classic servers down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind (retired)/Duskrime (retired)
    Diablo 3 Profile

Was the "you think you know what you want" guy right all along then?

i would love classic+, IF classic+ means „change nothing but modernize/improve class design“.

BUT: the magic in the statement above is the „I“ at the beginning. because classic+ asks for the following questions, i am sure 50% answer with yes and 50% with no:

- flying yes/no ?
    - transmog yes/no ?
    - QoL changes yes/no ?
    - lfg tool yes/no ?
    - achievements yes/no ?
    - respec costs yes/no ?