Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

Why does the US have so few competitive guilds nowadays?

The US has been behind other regions for world first for probably around a decade or more now. But, throughout most of that period there were at least several US guilds competing against each other, generally for ranking within the top 10. Now, there exists only Limit who are even in the top 20. (Two) Ocean guilds have killed Azshara, to (one) United States guild.

What happened? Guilds like Blood Legion, Vodka, Premonition all used to be competing at the same time. Now we have no one

10+ Year Old Account
    We wasted our youth playing vidya games and are now trying to start a communist revolution because our lives went nowhere.

Nobody on NA outside Limit is willing to raid more than 25 hours a week for whatever reason, probably because they are scared of getting @'d on twitter by some no life virgin from Encore (now a dead guild btw) who has nothing better to do than post cringe tweets on an "anonymous" account.

Someone will fight me on this but guilds like <Easy> were actually good for NA raiding, because if you lost to Easy you'd get flamed so more guilds tryharded.
    Without a shitty guild that raids alot to push people, theres no reason to even attempt to get top 20 for most NA guilds.

At this point if you're pulling Azshara and you lose to vodkaz you should probably just quit the game.

@BDG @camel Club extremely disappointed in you this tier, expected alot better. With <Easy> gone Limit needs a new farm guild and sad to say neither of you really are that convincing.
    Last edited by Dossou; 2019-08-15 at 06:03 AM.

They're too busy playing all the trendy stuff. Not to mention most of them are console gamers.

we go outside

Nobody on NA outside Limit is willing to raid more than 25 hours a week for whatever reason, probably because they aren't 30 degenerate manchildren that devote 60 hours a week to a video game from 2005 and lose regardless.

Someone will fight me on this but guilds like <Easy> were actually good for NA raiding, because it kept autistic fucking flex posts off of autistic fucking MMO-Champ forums from a guild that can't get a world first or even figure out a raid release date to save its life.

At this point if you've killed Azshara and you lost to Method you should probably just quit the game.

BDG camel Club extremely disappointed in you this tier, expected more raid hours so I could brag about how good I am instead of being the only 60 hour guild that can't get World Firsts. With <Easy> gone Limit needs a new farm guild because we aren't good enough for world first and are too insecure to just man up and get better at the game so I make dumb fucking posts on MMO-C

Nobody on NA outside Limit is willing to raid more than 25 hours a week for whatever reason, probably because they aren't 30 degenerate manchildren that devote 60 hours a week to a video game from 2005 and lose regardless.

Someone will fight me on this but guilds like <Easy> were actually good for NA raiding, because it kept autistic flex posts off of autistic fucking MMO-Champ forums from a guild that can't get a world first or even figure out a raid release date to save its life.

At this point if you've killed Azshara and you lost to Method you should probably just quit the game.

BDG camel Club extremely disappointed in you this tier, expected more raid hours so I could brag about how good I am instead of being the only 60 hour guild that can't get World Firsts. With <Easy> gone Limit needs a new farm guild because we aren't good enough for world first and are too insecure to just man up and get better at the game so I make dumb posts on MMO-C

Quote Originally Posted by limitbtw View Post

Someone will fight me on this but guilds like <Easy> were actually good for NA raiding, because it kept autistic flex posts off of autistic fucking MMO-Champ forums from a guild that can't get a world first or even figure out a raid release date to save its life.

BDG camel Club extremely disappointed in you this tier, expected more raid hours so I could brag about how good I am instead of being the only 60 hour guild that can't get World Firsts. With <Easy> gone Limit needs a new farm guild because we aren't good enough for world first and are too insecure to just man up and get better at the game so I make dumb posts on MMO-C
    of course a camel club member would take the bait

Quote Originally Posted by dawawe View Post
    We wasted our youth playing vidya games and are now trying to start a communist revolution because our lives went nowhere.
    this more or less. also the whole crumbling american society thing

imagine thinking the only people that think you're a clown are in a guild that doesn't try to compete with you

Better vacation policies in Europe mean fairly normal people with careers can take a few weeks off multiple times a year for a progression race. Meanwhile in the US, the vast majority of people who have the ability to raid a nolife schedule are NEETs, who as everyone knows are both dumb and extremely bad at video games for people who play as much as they do. Thank's for listening to my TED talk.
    @Dossou calm down buddy I know you guys are just trying to raid EU hours to compete with Europe.

who gives a shit about guilds outside of the top 5

Quote Originally Posted by Xalvia View Post
    who gives a shit about guilds
    this

meh

There's plenty of US guilds in the top 50, 100 etc. They just aren't world first rank competitors. It doesn't necessarily mean they aren't "competitive". People fall into extremes as with everything here. Just because you aren't competing for world first rank, doesn't mean you're utterly bad.

WoW might simply be more popular in other regions of the world, for variety of reasons, and this is fine. Its' also not just about EU, if you look at the first page of raid ranking for EP you have Oceanic, Chinese, KR etc. guilds, with the most numerous being Chinese I think.

The new mantra that is being repeated about US having less holidays is interesting, but it's an easy explanation and these are not usually the whole truth. People work different jobs, different hours and different schedules, it's not like everyone in the world does the same thing and thus vacation days will vary across different jobs. And if people really want to do something hardcore, no job is gonna stop them, it seems they just don't want to.

Dunno if they still do but NA used to get raids a few hours to days in advance and they still couldn't win. Blizzard have started shortening the region gap in other games so if they started doing it in WoW without the crutch all but the literal top guild in NA must start falling so many places.

I don't think most NA guilds really care about competing at a world first level.

Outside of the first few days of a new tier, most NA guilds severely cut back their raiding hours
    "I feel bad for Limit , they put in so many hours only to come in second place" - Methodjosh

Quote Originally Posted by limitbtw View Post

LMAO why would you post this anonymously

People have kids n shit

link???????

Quote Originally Posted by Jdance View Post
    The US has been behind other regions for world first for probably around a decade or more now. But, throughout most of that period there were at least several US guilds competing against each other, generally for ranking within the top 10. Now, there exists only Limit who are even in the top 20. (Two) Ocean guilds have killed Azshara, to (one) United States guild.

What happened? Guilds like Blood Legion, Vodka, Premonition all used to be competing at the same time. Now we have no one
    US has shit internet infrastructure compared to other smaller regions.

- - - Updated - - -

That's funny because the actual proletariat are working not lurking video game forums.