Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Dark Souls 3. It's everything I ever wanted from gaming.

Art by draken4o

There's only one game that comes to mind instantly for me, and that's Divinity: Original Sin 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrif View Post
    There's only one game that comes to mind instantly for me, and that's Divinity: Original Sin 2.
    I just started playing this 2 weeks ago and i'm addicted to it. Great RPG feel to it. Baldur's gate with better graphics but turn based combat instead of real time with pause. I was skeptical about the turn-based, but i find it very tactical and fun to devise different strategies to win battles.

Witcher 3, hands down, because to me that is the best video game I have played in 30+ years of gaming. That makes me feel old also :-D

10+ Year Old Account
    In no particular order, just typing it in as they come to me:
    Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. (except for this one, which is 1st place)
    God of War 2018. (And this one, which is a close 2nd)
    Battle Chasers: Night War. (... and this one, which is in 3rd. I promise the rest are unranked :^) )
    Super Mario Odyssey.
    Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild.
    Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds.
    Soulsborne.
    Assassins Creed (3, Origins, Odyssey).
    Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

World of Warcraft of course!

Witcher 3
    Total War: Attila
    Divinity Original Sin: 2
    World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria
    Rainbow Six Siege

Honorable mentions: Dark Souls 3 and Red Dead Redemption 2.

10+ Year Old Account
    How are so many people sleeping on Mass Effect 2 and FNV?

I don't even like the genre but DayZ (and thus Arma) had impact on the decade by paying the way from a lot of streaming fads, survival games, and BR games.

Also Skyrim? GTA V? Two games that go people to buy them multiple times.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post

I don't even like the genre but DayZ (and thus Arma) had impact on the decade by paying the way from a lot of streaming fads, survival games, and BR games.

This thread is about your games of the decade. It's not a popularity contest.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyvax View Post
    I just started playing this 2 weeks ago and i'm addicted to it. Great RPG feel to it. Baldur's gate with better graphics but turn based combat instead of real time with pause. I was skeptical about the turn-based, but i find it very tactical and fun to devise different strategies to win battles.
    Yep, after BG it has the best combat system in any RPG I've played, which is why I love it so much. It is never about figuring out in what way the designers wanted you to beat it, but instead you have tons of tools to play around with, and they all feel impactful and fun to learn and master.

And in case you didn't know, their next project is Baldur's Gate 3. Which is perfect, as I feel they are the only current video game developers I would want in that position.

Horizon: Zero Dawn
    God of War (2018)
    Last of Us
    Skyrim
    Spider-Man (2018)
    FFXIV
    Zelda: Breath of the Wild
    Witcher 3
    Mass Effect 2
    Assassin's Creed Odyssey
    WoW: MoP and Legion

There have been other "good" games but none that were noteworthy enough for me to even remember their names, or warranted a place on this list...I just know I played more than those on this list.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Now i've finally finished every game this decade i wanted to play i can safetly list it as:

2010: NieR
    2011: Dead Space 2/Dark Souls tie
    2012: Journey
    2013: Final Fantasy XIV a Realm Reborn
    2014: Bravely Default
    2015: Bloodborne
    2016: Persona 5
    2017: Hollow Knight/Nier Automata tie
    2018: Monster Hunter World
    2019: REmake 2/Death Stranding tie
    holy shit.. Nier came out in 2010? It was that long ago?

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    holy shit.. Nier came out in 2010? It was that long ago?
    You might be confusing it with Nier Automata.

Nier Gestalt and Replicant came out in 2010. Same game basically but in Gestalt you play as daddy and in Replicant you play as brother.

Nier Automata is a sequel to these games and that came out in 2017.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    You might be confusing it with Nier Automata.

Nier Gestalt and Replicant came out in 2010. Same game basically but in Gestalt you play as daddy and in Replicant you play as brother.

Nier Automata is a sequel to these games and that came out in 2017.
    Oo okay. Yeh. I was thinking of Nier the booty version.

Total war warhammer 2 for me. 982 hours played so far which is triple the amount of time played of any other steam game I've played. The only game I've played more is WoW, but I can't give that game of the decade when two of the four expansions of this decade I played I thought sucked (BFA and WoD) and the other two were hit and miss (Legion and Mists. Never played cata, so didn't count that)
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

I don't know, I only really play WoW and a bit of PoE

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post

If I had to take one game for the decade, and assuming 2009 doesn't count, then I would pick New Vegas in an instant. That, not Witcher 3, set my standards for what an open world RPG can be, and to some extent an RPG period. There were loads of good games this decade, but none engrossed me into a world, its characters and its stories quite as much. And that's worth going through the terrible graphics and lousy gunplay, both of which can be improved with mods.

I'm wary of Bethesda, now more than ever, but if they announce a New Vegas remaster that touches up the graphics and gameplay without altering anything else, they can take all my money. Fat chance, I know, but hey they did re-release Skyrim almost literally a dozen times.

10+ Year Old Account
    Woo! This was harder then I thought, but I have my favorite/top 5 games:

Elder Scrolls Skyrim
    Stardew Valley
    Borderlands 2
    Witcher 3
    The Long Dark

Top 3 for me:

1) Horizon Zero Dawn
    2) God of War
    3) Witcher 3