Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CerealLord View Post
    I agree with this, however I thought it was going to be canon that the PC can go back and forth because of connection to Azeroth or whatever they said in the panel. But if that was merely meant to be a gameplay mechanic, then I absolutely see this happening.
    The only part of "connection with Azeroth" that I remember was that our connection with the HoA would weaken as we went deeper into the Shadowlands, being the justification for why we would eventually outlevel and discard the neck.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

I wouldn't give too much credit to such a comic. They can always retcon it to be another timeline or some shit.

Also while a time skip would help the writers massively (even if they don't know it), I'm not seeing them actually dare to attempt one. Let's see what will happen after shadowlands first. Blizzard has entered extremely dangerous territorry here from a narrative PoV, I'm glad if we get of the expansion without having slain death itself..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    The only part of "connection with Azeroth" that I remember was that our connection with the HoA would weaken as we went deeper into the Shadowlands, being the justification for why we would eventually outlevel and discard the neck.
    They also said something about us being special and Azeroth still needing us as an explanation for the whole thing.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

About the comic, I remember hearing that it is only a possible future.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    I wouldn't give too much credit to such a comic. They can always retcon it to be another timeline or some shit.

Also while a time skip would help the writers massively (even if they don't know it), I'm not seeing them actually dare to attempt one. Let's see what will happen after shadowlands first. Blizzard has entered extremely dangerous territorry here from a narrative PoV, I'm glad if we get of the expansion without having slain death itself..

- - - Updated - - -

They also said something about us being special and Azeroth still needing us as an explanation for the whole thing.
    Well, with them canonizing spirit healers as being a thing in lore and not merely a game mechanic as they did in Legion it would make sense that there's something special about the player characters that we CAN be brought back by them over and over, while lore characters like Varian and Vol'jin cannot be. I haven't looked too deeply into the Shadowlands stuff (haven't even watched the cinematic yet, don't hurt me!) cause I want to leave a bit of the mystery for it.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

That would be a pretty interesting way to circumvent aging the PC while allowing the rest of the world time to advance.

How big of time skip would they do? 5 years? 10 years? 20 years?

15+ Year Old Account
    It would be pretty cool but im not gonna assume blizzard is going to remember they wrote that

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    That would be a pretty interesting way to circumvent aging the PC while allowing the rest of the world time to advance.

How big of time skip would they do? 5 years? 10 years? 20 years?
    If they do too much of a timeskip then they have to change too much and miss out on alot of potential character development, so something like 20 years seems a bit too much imho. Something between 5 and 10 years is the point where you can handwave enough minor plot points without it being annoying, while still retain the sensible possibility to continue all open plot strings.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

I think it's very likely that we may experience a time skip while in the Shadowlands. Also, this time skip will allow Blizzard to develop Warcraft 4 RTS in those skipped years without messing with the lore or tell already told stories.

5+ Year Old Account
    I guess old Anduin can happen if he doesn't go to the Shadowlands.

10+ Year Old Account
    blizzard showed that full "revamps" is no longer a thing since over 10 years. optional remade zones are a thing, when it makes sense.
    what the comic shows might be the perfect timing for a WoW 2. wow is starting to reach the limits of what a gigantic game is, with classic version(s) coming out, making wow 1 going full circle, and players that will play forever (classic wow player play forever regardless of new content). if a WoW 2 ever happens, with a shared subscription, a very high amount of player will move in or start playing. if they don't mess it up, only with the launch, that can possibly make it worth it alone. a very different azeroth, 200 years in the future or more, a slightly different artstyle, there's something to do.

They said this comic is only a possible future and not set in stone when asked about it. This is a side effect of not caring whether you write yourself into a corner or not as long as it's fitting your current mood.

On a slightly unrelated note, those tail-less Draenei in that comic weird me out every time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Baine is like the most unlikeable character you are supposed to like.

Quote Originally Posted by Sangris View Post
    They said this comic is only a possible future and not set in stone when asked about it. This is a side effect of not caring whether you write yourself into a corner or not as long as it's fitting your current mood.

On a slightly unrelated note, those tail-less Draenei in that comic weird me out every time.
    I wonder if Tail-less will be an option with the new customization. They showed they can have long tails now.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Well, with them canonizing spirit healers as being a thing in lore and not merely a game mechanic as they did in Legion it would make sense that there's something special about the player characters that we CAN be brought back by them over and over, while lore characters like Varian and Vol'jin cannot be. I haven't looked too deeply into the Shadowlands stuff (haven't even watched the cinematic yet, don't hurt me!) cause I want to leave a bit of the mystery for it.
    Lorewise, we only died to Arthas and Argus. All those random mob deaths and wipes never happened. Spirit Healers are real. Us constantly dying isn't.

I guess this way new conflicts and a new political map could rise in Azeroth while we are gone in the Shadowlands.

Anduin could marry and have children, the horde could change drastically, the night elves could have rebuilt a new Darnassus, the plague in Lordearon could have ended... So many new possibilities.

Just like we saw Dreanor different in the Maghar questline, Azeroth could change as well while we were in the shadowlands.

Quote Originally Posted by Nosgoth View Post
    Wasn't that in a Christie Golden novel? That was just retarded writing.
    Hearth stones are very rare things in the lore, compared to the game where everyone has one, but it was in the shattering book indeed written by golden.

I am watching 10 year for whine little boy and to skip the middle and watch the whine old man? cut the middle of the book...not nice
    and such characters Genn, Jaina will die of old age off scene.They will not do it
    Last edited by Cherry123; 2019-11-16 at 06:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    That comic is undone with Legion as I recall.
    Yeah I could have sworn it was mentioned somewhere that it was a vision of Velen and was a "What if" moment rather than actual happening.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    Yeah I could have sworn it was mentioned somewhere that it was a vision of Velen and was a "What if" moment rather than actual happening.
    Like one of the guys said, it was discredited as "one of the possible futures", which evidently didn't come true after Legion.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    Like one of the guys said, it was discredited as "one of the possible futures", which evidently didn't come true after Legion.
    Discredited? Or simply deflected? Blizz do with their lore what blizz want

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    It won't be a timeskip.

Azshara will escape after the Old God raid, and she'll attempt to access the Seat of the Pantheon, defeat Stormrage and claim the power of a Titan for herself (or that's what she thinks will happen when she succeed). We'll return to the Shadowlands to solve this new situation.