What legendary do you plan to use for disc pvp?

Hey, I was checking all the legendary options and while its pretty easy to pick legendary for pve, I feel like none of the legendaries will have any reasonable impact for pvp. So what will you pick?

First I was thinking about Norganon, but when I think about it, how many times will I stand still and cast multiple spells to actually utilize it in pvp? I think I just move too much for it to be worth it.

Echo of Eonar is a random 10% healing proc, which sounds meh.

Vitality sacrifice...Im not sure what is the "significant" damage they talk about, but it could be useful when focused, however it will be useless in every situation you wont be the target.

The penitent one is a 60% chance for penance boost after using radiance. This could be helpful for both healing and dmg, but using radiance efficiently means you need to stand in the middle and sacrifice your positioning. I still think this one could be decent if played around it.

Crystaline reflection - instaheal and reflect from our pw:s. Boring, but the instaheal and a bit of dmg could be useful.

Vaults of heaven, which reverts your leap and you charge in might be useful for your melees to leap + fear the enemy or reposition defensively. Definitely usable imo.

Whats your pick?
    Last edited by Nikeyla; 2020-11-05 at 07:58 AM.

First pick will most likely be Crystaline Reflection, sounds like the most useful in PvP. When more slots open up I'll probably look at Twins of the Sun Priestess and/or Kiss of Death.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix19 View Post
    First pick will most likely be Crystaline Reflection, sounds like the most useful in PvP. When more slots open up I'll probably look at Twins of the Sun Priestess and/or Kiss of Death.
    Twins of the sun sounds decent only if you play rmp. I dont feel like priest generally goes too well with caster comps. And from what I saw in beta videos, sw:d looks kinda dangerous to use. Or was there some change?

Quote Originally Posted by Nikeyla View Post
    Hey, I was checking all the legendary options and while its pretty easy to pick legendary for pve, I feel like none of the legendaries will have any reasonable impact for pvp. So what will you pick?

First I was thinking about Norganon, but when I think about it, how many times will I stand still and cast multiple spells to actually utilize it in pvp? I think I just move too much for it to be worth it.

Echo of Eonar is a random 10% healing proc, which sounds meh.

Vitality sacrifice...Im not sure what is the "significant" damage they talk about, but it could be useful when focused, however it will be useless in every situation you wont be the target.

The penitent one is a 60% chance for penance boost after using radiance. This could be helpful for both healing and dmg, but using radiance efficiently means you need to stand in the middle and sacrifice your positioning. I still think this one could be decent if played around it.

Crystaline reflection - instaheal and reflect from our pw:s. Boring, but the instaheal and a bit of dmg could be useful.

Vaults of heaven, which reverts your leap and you charge in might be useful for your melees to leap + fear the enemy or reposition defensively. Definitely usable imo.

Whats your pick?
    Isn't the heal and damage from Crystaline reflection super small?

Quote Originally Posted by Scrysis View Post
    Isn't the heal and damage from Crystaline reflection super small?
    This is what worries me. It sounds good as a mechanic, but Im afraid the amount will be pretty small to be worth it. I have no real numbers, since I have no beta.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Twins of the sun sounds decent only if you play rmp. I dont feel like priest generally goes too well with caster comps. And from what I saw in beta videos, sw:d looks kinda dangerous to use. Or was there some change?
    Power Infusion is a haste bonus now, not casting speed, so Twins could work for any class that likes extra haste (all of them?).

I don't have the beta so my preferences are based purely from forum feedback. Most if not all the legendary powers for priest look a tad underwhelming, more quality of life perks than actual meaty powerful bonus to skills and abilities. In regards to Kiss of Death legendary and it being dangerous, that is a risk using it when it deals considerable damage to you, but I guess it promotes more thought in it's use, making sure you can afford the hit, where the benefit of it is that it triggers atonement healing on your team.

Quote Originally Posted by Nurasu View Post
    Power Infusion is a haste bonus now, not casting speed, so Twins could work for any class that likes extra haste (all of them?).
    Ok then. I totally missed this change. Thanks for pointing this out. I guess this could be decent for setuping bursts then.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix19 View Post
    In regards to Kiss of Death legendary and it being dangerous, that is a risk using it when it deals considerable damage to you, but I guess it promotes more thought in it's use, making sure you can afford the hit, where the benefit of it is that it triggers atonement healing on your team.
    Well I understand it that it triggers attonement on you, since you are the one that got hit and can be affected by attonement, right? Im not sure what did the pre-nerf version do, but as I see it now, I cant say I particularly like it for either pvp or pve.

Well I understand it that it triggers attonement on you, since you are the one that got hit and can be affected by attonement, right? Im not sure what did the pre-nerf version do, but as I see it now, I cant say I particularly like it for either pvp or pve.
    Well, if you have attonement on yourself, you get the healing through it, so it mitigate SWD backlash on that amount, which is not bad actually. What's also important is CD reduction. In PvP, we will use SW as a way to break CCs like polymorph, repetence, etc. Reducing CD on the ability means you can use it more often to avoid being CCed. It is useful, but not that gamebreaking I would say.

You have PvP talent which boosts Radiance's healing and make it instant cast. I happen to use that talent when facing heavy burst compositions where you need to negate their burst spikes. Usually, you don't need to care about mana that much in these fights, so I guess this trait will be good for these encounters too, since we will basically get double value from our Penance.

As it stands now, I'm afraid the heal will be really small and since our shields absorb very little damage, it will reflect little damage as well. It will not be bad when Rapture is up I guess, but I'd still go for another legendary.

This one is interesting, you can also use it as a way to escape when you're trained by melees. If you go Venthyr (which seem to be superior priest pvp covenant now), you will have also teleport ability, which actually gives us some movement, a thing we were always bad at. My priest is a void elf, so when I combine my racial, covenant ability and possibly this legendary, it may lead into movements unexpected from a priest. Not bad I believe.
    Last edited by Vaedan; 2020-11-09 at 11:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaedan View Post
    Well, if you have attonement on yourself, you get the healing through it, so it mitigate SWD backlash on that amount, which is not bad actually. What's also important is CD reduction. In PvP, we will use SW as a way to break CCs like polymorph, repetence, etc. Reducing CD on the ability means you can use it more often to avoid being CCed. It is useful, but not that gamebreaking I would say.

This one is interesting, you can also use it as a way to escape when you're trained by melees. If you go Venthyr (which seem to be superior priest pvp covenant now), you will have also teleport ability, which actually gives us some movement, a thing we were always bad at. My priest is a void elf, so when I combine my racial, covenant ability and possibly this legendary, it may lead into movements unexpected from a priest. Not bad I believe.
    You are basically right about sw:d cc breaker, but I think I wouldnt use it, because if you break the cc, there is a DR and ppl mostly wont randomly use it again chasing you ages just to get a half cc duration. Either they try to do it instantly, so the 8s wont be useful or they give up and wait for another rotation, so your sw:d should usually be ready again. So basically if you play well, I think this is not that great option.

And yea, the leap sounds rly good, but then you will hate yourself in situations, where you arent trained and you would prefer having the original leap to save your team mate. So there is kinda a cost to this one.

So far my favourite is the penance one. I totally forgot it makes radiance instant and the extra heal saved me few times in bursty situations back when I played disc. It seems to be overall rly useful for both burst healing and dmg. The only contender is Twins of the Sun Priestess for double infusion. It now actually gives general haste, so it might be more impactful when everything goes according to the plan.

Since disc priest is an offensive healer, you might want to try Shadowflame Prism. It's a lot of extra burst damage.