Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoMana View Post
    Ah, the irony? You want to force everyone to carry you through content, because you just can't be arsed to have common courtesy to switch to a useful spec and contribute. And when pointed out, you think everyone else is wrong. Playing in tank spec is fine. Playing DPS spec is fine. As a healer you don't bring anything at all to Islands and every healing class has a DPS spec readily available.
    Tanks bring about as much dps as a healer in an island expedition. So saying being a tank is fine is pretty ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Tanks bring about as much dps as a healer in an island expedition. So saying being a tank is fine is pretty ridiculous.
    But tanks can pull the whole island in one go. Healers can't. Stop this. It's just idiotic.

But tanks can pull the whole island in one go. Healers can't. Stop this. It's just idiotic.
    The amount of tanks I've seen pull the whole island in one go in a heroic expedition only to get killed and cause the rest of the group to die is staggering. So tanks who pull giant groups are toxic and I will do everything I can to kick them from the group. But it's obvious you have an incredibly toxic mentality as well since apparently you view healers as completely worthless despite many healers pulling their weight better than the majority of people in tank spec in heroic islands. People like you are why the debuff system needs an overhaul.

Ah, the irony? You want to force everyone to carry you through content, because you just can't be arsed to have common courtesy to switch to a useful spec and contribute. And when pointed out, you think everyone else is wrong. Playing in tank spec is fine. Playing DPS spec is fine. As a healer you don't bring anything at all to Islands and every healing class has a DPS spec readily available.
    I've gotten kicked when I was second or first DPS, keeping up fine, because 3 of 5 people were in a guild and wanted a slot for a friend. Got a debuff.

I always queued Island 1 hour before reset just to kick those griefing healer, if you want to teach them a lesson, do it that costs them their weekly reward. Let them watch the weekly reset while being in deserter debuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some person on the WoW Reddit posted an interview he had with a developer and asked about the vote kick system, LFR and such. In response to the vote kick system they developer allegedly answered that they are working on a change to it (been working since Legion I think) but it's not ready yet.

Nothing quite says "my biggest achievement is LFR" like this.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post
    So because I sometimes enjoy various parts of the game you don't enjoy, that makes me a "casual". It doesn't change the fact that tanks, most of the time, bring less to the table than healers in IEs. Every time I've been in an island with a tank, they pull massive groups, die, blame everyone else, and get the other two people killed. As soon as a tank starts pulling massive groups in islands, I immediately vote kick them.

Of course it can be completed. All islands can be completed with eyes shut. That's not what I said.
    But if you queue in as healer, you are wasting everyones time doing crappy healer-pretend-dps.

That's disrespectful when you could just by a simple click, switch to your actual DPS spec and help out to complete the run faster
    That's on you then for not taking advantage of having a healer by pulling more. Sure it's not as smooth as with a tank, but a healer can keep you up through larger pulls while collecting everything around the area for you (Something a tank can't do due to being constantly hit).

So because I sometimes enjoy various parts of the game you don't enjoy, that makes me a "casual". It doesn't change the fact that tanks, most of the time, bring less to the table than healers in IEs. Every time I've been in an island with a tank, they pull massive groups, die, blame everyone else, and get the other two people killed. As soon as a tank starts pulling massive groups in islands, I immediately vote kick them.
    That isn't any better than voting to kick healers though. It's just as silly, some tanks are cocky and overpull yes.
    Some are decked out though and just want to get their islands done with. Give them a chance.

I never got these threads and always suspect there's way more going on... in 15 years I have never been kicked from a dungeon. Then again the votekick system has it's flaws yes and people tend to abuse it. But the deserter debuff also exists to indeed stop from trolls to constantly re-queue and either AFK entire dungeons or ruin the dungeon run otherwise.

Is it a perfect system? No. Is there an alternative, not that I can think off.
    Camilla: You, sir, should unmask.
    Stranger: Indeed?
    Cassilda: Indeed, it's time. We have all laid aside disguise but you.
    Stranger: I wear no mask.
    Camilla: (Terrified, aside to Cassilda.) No mask? No mask!

Because blizzard is retarded

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    IIRC there is actually a certain item from the vendor that makes healers extremely op in IE. I havnt done any for a very long time though, so it might have changed. Something about converting healing into huge damage.
    Loved that one, whenever that vendor was up I did the Islands with my healers. Was great. I haven't really done Islands in a while, but I guess it's still there. Since they added the 4 allied races in BfA they also made teams from those in 8.1 and 8.2, so it's just on a longer queue I suppose, thus more rare.

They could have added more of those though, so healers could be more appreciated in those.

10+ Year Old Account
    because the reason you were kick may have been due to being an asshole. I'm not saying you weren't the victim here but you could have been the culprit just as much

Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post
    What a load of toxic nonsense. You ought to be ashamed.

It's not truly right to kick someone on any kind of content based on a knee-jerk reaction to their spec, their name, or their gear, or whatever.

It's very simple, you see, some posters, as low as the quoted on the 'deserves to reproduce' scale, have implied that it's somehow disrespectful to make a mistake. Yes please children, let's pretend that you've never made a mistake and that you aren't simply trolling the people you kick from groups. Or for that matter, trolling this thread.

If someone does something like queue for an island as a healer, and that really disturbs you, the correct course of action is to explain to them what's wrong with their decision, not kick them and disrupt their paid-for play experience. That's YOUR responsibility, because if you want to not be 'disrespected' in this way, you have to earn it by being a contributing member of the community, not just a leech who gets their jollies by interfering with others.

Pitiful.

Quote Originally Posted by silverlightning View Post
    I've gotten kicked when I was second or first DPS, keeping up fine, because 3 of 5 people were in a guild and wanted a slot for a friend. Got a debuff.
    I thought if 3 were from same guild they couldn't initiate a kick? Or is it 4?

Sounds like you only play the game at a super low level if you think tanks and healers have the same dps in AoE scenarios, which is what islands are.

That said I don't kick people unless they're afk and I don't whine about people going healing spec. A difference of a couple minutes is not something I would cry over.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea that sucks sometimes. Although I've never had that issue as a tank, I have as a dps. I remember joining a few LFG's and seeing a clique of 3-4 people all in the same guild. They'd troll and joke around, then when we're about to get to the last boss, they'd vote kick me for some cheap laughs. It sucks.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

The amount of tanks I've seen pull the whole island in one go in a heroic expedition only to get killed and cause the rest of the group to die is staggering. So tanks who pull giant groups are toxic and I will do everything I can to kick them from the group. But it's obvious you have an incredibly toxic mentality as well since apparently you view healers as completely worthless despite many healers pulling their weight better than the majority of people in tank spec in heroic islands. People like you are why the debuff system needs an overhaul.
    That's incredibly stupid. It's impossible for me to gather enough mobs to die in guardian spec (and I don't do heroic anymore, just mythic and pvp). But you would vote to kick me because you don't understand how the game works? You sound like the most toxic player around.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntaer View Post
    So I was in this timewalking dungeon, as a tank, and some rogue decided to pull a second group. We wiped and i was instantly removed from the group. Fine whatever, I'll go find a new one. But no, there's a dungeon deserter debuff. Why ?
    Yeah, it's annoying and stupid.
    For whatever reason it's taken more than 10 years for Blizzard to get this but, hey. It's Blizzard.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefall View Post
    Unfortunately this, yeah. Basically the inevitability of people abusing it forces them to make it worse for everyone and enable other lesser evils to take place.
    I'd argue that's not the "lesser" of two evils here.
    Speaking as someone who regularly ques up for instances on Druid, DK, DH, and Pally tanks - I can literally count on the fact that at least 6 out of every 10 instances I run will include some ass-hat DPS or healer running ahead of the group face-pulling shit and making the run generally un-tankable and obnoxious for the rest of the group. It is particularly irritating when the person is on a class that HAS a tank spec, and I have to wonder to myself - WHY not just QUE AS A TANK if you want to tank? Why wait 20-30+ minutes in the DPS que for an instance only to run around DPS-tanking like that? I can only conclude it's intentionally trolly behavior intended to annoy people.

Even more frustrating is that half the time they've joined the group with one or more friends, and are thus immune to being kicked out and replaced with someone willing to play the actual gods damned role they queued up for. Hell - I finally hit 120 on my new Prot Warrior last night and had this happen to me with a monk healer - torpedoing ahead of the group endlessly and roundhouse-kick-spamming 5 groups at a time while the rest of us spent half the instance just chasing behind them trying to get a single ability in before things were out of range again. Luckily enough they were alone, so we were able to kick them out.

This type of behavior is horrid and completely ruins runs for a great deal of people - and they face literally no consequence for doing it.
    I simply can't imagine that the number of people "abusing" the vote to kick system to intentionally get themselves removed from dungeons they don't want to do would be higher than the number of people who think they're entitled to solo-pull entire instances when they're supposed to be letting the tank tank, healer heal, and do their job as a DPS player.

Frankly, given the choice between the two of those situations - I'd rather have someone AFK their way out of a group over spending the whole run charging ahead chain-pulling shit and making it impossible to actually run the instance properly..... One of those is a slight inconvenience that would be quickly resolved by replacing them. The other completely ruins the entire run for the people in there trying to actually play.
    Last edited by FecundDecay; 2019-11-18 at 06:46 PM.