Illicit massage parlors

So they just busted an illicit massage parlor in my town. That was guilty of human trafficking. They're going after the person who owns the business and they said will likely go after some customers. Imo they should also go after the people who own the building. The landlord is literally renting them somewhere to operating from. If they did that then they wouldn't have to worry about another illicit massage parlor after that.
    Last edited by Rozz; 2019-11-25 at 04:02 PM. Reason: This thread has been closed. The subject is dangerously close to forbidden topics.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

So there is evidence the landlord was aware of what was happening?

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure, I mean, it's not like someone else couldn't buy the building and rent it to someone running some form of illegal business. Once you've busted the landlord/owner you're done!
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    You know what? It doesn't matter because the only people who get in trouble with these things are poor people (or relatively).

There was a certain NFL owner who frequented a spot so often that he got caught up in a sting. The owner of the parlor rubs shoulders with a lot powerful and wealthy men. One of them quite powerful. This place was unquestionably trafficking women. Guess what happened it and those involved? Nothing really unless you were one of the workers.

I feel bad for those working against their will, that's it.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

15+ Year Old Account
    So this massage parlor story...

...had a happy ending

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    So they just busted an illicit massage parlor in my town. That was guilty of human trafficking. They're going after the person who owns the business and they said will likely go after some customers. Imo they should also go after the people who own the building. The landlord is literally renting them somewhere to operating from. If they did that then they wouldn't have to worry about another illicit massage parlor after that.
    Good. Hope they catch anyone else who is guilty of breaking the law.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

10+ Year Old Account
    If the landlord knew what was going on, yes, they should be fined. If they didn't, that's literally just punishing them for something they didn't know

Even If the landlord does site visits, then unless he just shows up without warning the tenant can just hide what they are doing. Also, it's not like he can tell if it was happening. Nobody is sherlock Holmes. "I noticed a trace of hair in the corner with a particle of semen. You must be doing illicit massages!"

It's not reasonable to hold landlords to know everything their tenant is doing behind the scenes. Generally the landlord wants a safer tenant at their place anyway with a long term lease. Why would they risk having an illicit massage place on their land when they are still getting the same rent? Unless they were slipping extra cash under the table something.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    "I noticed a trace of hair in the corner with a particle of semen. You must be doing illicit massages!"
    You just turned all single men into outlaws.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

demand for those services isn't going to go away. so busting a few guys isn't going to change much. you want to legalize, regulate (and tax) that stuff so it's better for everybody involved.

10+ Year Old Account
    People seem to be focused on the massage parlor aspect. What consenting adults choose to get up to shouldn't be that big a deal.

Victims of human trafficking are not, however, consenting adults.

I wish the OP had been written in such a way that the human trafficking aspect of the story wasn't getting ignored. This is how we end up having to face up to finding things like a truckload of dead illegals as recently happened.

Tra My had been attempting to get into the UK when she texted her mum on Tuesday as the doomed trailer was on its way to Essex from Zeebrugge in Belgium.

She wrote: "I’m sorry Mum, my path to abroad didn’t succeed.

"Mum, I love you and Dad so much! I’m dying because I can’t breathe.”
    Source: https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/102125...e-victim-text/

Not the same story as OP, of course, but given that women from Vietnam are among the wider group of women who get trafficked into sex work (http://gvnet.com/humantrafficking/Vietnam.htm), sometimes having been promised a job to lure them, it is hardly impossible that that might have been what awaited her if she survived.

I am opposed to taking a hard line approach to things like massage parlors because it helps keep trafficking victims under control of those who are exploiting them.
    Last edited by shadowmouse; 2019-11-23 at 12:04 PM. Reason: typo
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

The sex industry needs to be fully legalised and carefully regulated to reduce the risk of this kind of thing. Operating in the shadows only encourages this kind of abuse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Even If the landlord does site visits, then unless he just shows up without warning the tenant can just hide what they are doing.
    The owner of the property generally holds a degree of liability in crimes like these, regardless of whether they plead ignorance. This is especially true in drug-related crimes.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've heard that parlors and sex trafficking are apparently an issue in an area not far from where I live, but I've never seen it myself. I don't drive through there often.
    Last edited by Rozz; 2019-11-25 at 04:01 PM.