Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I notice people who complain about Bastion often say all the races become "Blue Humans."

But they're not Humans.

They're Blue Humanoids, which is a huge difference.

Its just another way for (almost exclusively) Horde players to complain about something and try to frame it in a factional sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshingo View Post
    I notice people who complain about Bastion often say all the races become "Blue Humans."

But they're not Humans.

Its just another way for (almost exclusively) Horde players to complain about something and try to frame it in a factional sense.
    If you haven't noticed, the "people" of this """"lore"""" forum love to bitch and moan about anything human 24/7, so it's no surprise. Expect this to get 16 pages propagated by the same ten people.

This forum is a joke. And a containment board.

But they're not Humans.

Given that their only difference from humans is literally their color, not just huge but colossal. Oh, wait, no it isn't. They differ from your average Stormwindian just as much as the black skinned humans to be added in Shadowlands. "Huge difference" indeed. Also, your last sentence is ironic as hell.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    If you haven't noticed, the "people" of this """"lore"""" forum love to bitch and moan about anything human 24/7, so it's no surprise. Expect this to get 16 pages propagated by the same ten people.

Im sure I missed some "Human Potential" jokes in there that they've beaten to death a thousand times over by now as if its clever or insightful.

On the actual topic though, I hope they address this idea of losing your individuality as not necessarily a good thing. I'd be a little surprised if they just framed the zone story as "This is all 100% good and fine," because there's not much conflict there. There has to be some kind of hook to the zone beyond just 'Help uther become an angel' because clearly there needs to be SOME storyline going on here that ties into the next zone, since they're sequential once again.

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post

Yeah, how dare people have different opinions from you. Such travesty, such heresy, such a joke Except nothing keeps you in this """"""lore"""""" """"""forum""""" so if it's so """""""" you are free to leave.

Im sure I missed some "Human Potential" jokes in there that they've beaten to death a thousand times over by now as if its clever or insightful.

On the actual topic though, I hope they address this idea of losing your individuality as not necessarily a good thing. I'd be a little surprised if they just framed the zone story as "This is all 100% good and fine," because there's not much conflict there. There has to be some kind of hook to the zone beyond just 'Help uther become an angel' because clearly there needs to be SOME storyline going on here that ties into the next zone, since they're sequential once again.
    Except there already is a source of conflict in the Bastion. It's the Forsworn. I.e. the would-be Kyrians that failed to "ascend". And if failing to become a blue perfection leads to becoming the villain of the zone, you can wave the prospect of the Kyrian drone being addressed in remotely critical fashion goodbye.
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

This is not a drink the kool-aid cult. The spirits sent to Bastion are noble, and want this. They want a higher purpose and to assist those who need it.

I hope we get that mount.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Interesting way to perceive what is considered "hell." I've often said to people who believe in heaven from an atheist's point of view that heaven, ahem, is boring. This idea comes from the point of view that conflict is the fabric of our existence. Without pain, there is no pleasure, without sorrow, no joy, etc. Can you imagine living an ETERNAL afterlife in a place where you're happy all the time? I mean, it sounds good with the every day annoyances, jobs, etc. we have to deal with, but is a spiritual eternal happy life what most of us would really enjoy?
    Think about times when you're comfortable, and relaxed, and happy. That's what would be like. Conflict is not required to be happy, it is an outside force disrupting the happiness you do have. No one knows what heaven would be like. But if it's a place of eternal happiness, then that means there's also no boredom, because you would no longer think in those terms. Boredom comes from a moment when you can't find something at that time that makes you happy. I know, I've been unhappy for over 13 years now and I'm always bored.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well... even though i do agree that Bastion is not the best place to be, i don't think is also as bad as the OP point it out, i mean... we see that many of the Kirians have not completely lost their memory of their past till they have done all the steps of the test, and that there's no real reason to rush the test, even the Kirians point out that, saying that you could easily wander Bastion for a while, look for internal peace first, enjoy the place, in the end, you do have an eternity there.

Though i do agree that all of the presented afterlives are.... well, lacking.

But they're not Humans.

I'm Alliance and I think it's sketchy and too human.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

0This is not a drink the kool-aid cult. The spirits sent to Bastion are noble, and want this. They want a higher purpose and to assist those who need it.
    Yeah I think this just got completely ignored because the OP wanted to complain.

If you want to become an Ascended, then yes, you lose your old life and personality.

But that's not forced on people, it's a choice.

Also interesting in the video that the OP ignores (or didn't even watch) is the hint that there are "fallen angels" who have their own idea about how Bastion should be run. Perhaps we see that they dont want Ascended to lose their identity? Who knows.

For fucks sake its so ridiculous to see such insane complaints about the expansion when we know so little about it. At least wait until we have the proper information before whining.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nefarious Tea View Post
    I'm Alliance and I think it's sketchy and too human.
    Okay.

They're still not Human.

This is simply just people refusing to call a Humanoid race by its actual name and calling it a Human. It'd be like calling a High Elf a Human because they look exceptionally similar. Or any kind of elf, really, considering the only differences are ears/height and (in some cases) skin color.

Which is exactly true of Kyrians lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Interesting way to perceive what is considered "hell." I've often said to people who believe in heaven from an atheist's point of view that heaven, ahem, is boring. This idea comes from the point of view that conflict is the fabric of our existence. Without pain, there is no pleasure, without sorrow, no joy, etc. Can you imagine living an ETERNAL afterlife in a place where you're happy all the time? I mean, it sounds good with the every day annoyances, jobs, etc. we have to deal with, but is a spiritual eternal happy life what most of us would really enjoy? It's not like heaven has movie theaters, bike riding, roads for cruising, basketball courts, internet, board games, etc. Don't you get annoyed when you're around people who are overly peppy all the time?
    I don't completely agree that Bastion is a world of eternal happiness with no conflict, as we see in the quests, conflict is part of the test to become an Aspirant.

Though i don't really agree that what makes life enjoyable is conflict.

Also interesting in the video that the OP ignores (or didn't even watch) is the hint that there are "fallen angels" who have their own idea about how Bastion should be run. Perhaps we see that they dont want Ascended to lose their identity? Who knows.

For fucks sake its so ridiculous to see such insane complaints about the expansion when we know so little about it. At least wait until we have the proper information before whining.
    Except, again, what we do already know about the zone is that the Forsworn are the enemy. Like, there's outright a dungeon to deal with them. Just because you haven't paid attention to the zone's preview doesn't mean no one else did, nor does it give your righteous indignation spectacle here any validity.

Okay.

They're still not Human.

This is simply just people refusing to call a Humanoid race by its actual name and calling it a Human. It'd be like calling a High Elf a Human because they look exceptionally similar. Or any kind of elf, really, considering the only differences are ears/height and (in some cases) skin color.
    Do you by any chance not understand what the word "too" means in the phrase "too human" @Nefarious Tea actually used? Because it means they didn't actually call them literal humans. Ah, the magic of words. Also, you listed two more differences between Elves and humans than there are between Kyrians and humans and Elves are usually as human as another humanoid can get in most fantasy. So congrats on making an argument in favor of their point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I think this just got completely ignored because the OP wanted to complain.

If you want to become an Ascended, then yes, you lose your old life and personality.

But that's not forced on people, it's a choice.
    We don't know if its a choice, i mean... the souls do not decide where they go, that's the Arbiters job, though is true that the souls of Bastion are not pressured to take the test RIGHT NOW!, they are given time

As far as i know (based on the video and the information that we have been given of this fallen angels), they are those that fail the test, and become those things, the people of Bastion have to go around every now and then and hunt this fallen angels, when they are hunted down, their soul is destroyed, the main reason they get rid of this Angels, is because it make others doubt that they will make it.

As far as i know (based on the video and the information that we have been given of this fallen angels), they are those that fail the test, and become those things, the people of Bastion have to go around every now and then and hunt this fallen angels, when they are hunted down, their soul is destroyed, the main reason they get rid of this Angels, is because it make others doubt that they will make it.
    Which is interesting and hints at an almost authoritarian stranglehold over Bastion but we just assume that it's okay because they claim to be doing the good for all.

I'm not saying there will be some FF14-esque plot twist where the Kyrians are the real villains of the zone (Although that'd be cool as hell), we know the Forsworn are called the villains but I think even with the extremely limited information we have, there are little hints and implications that its not just good vs evil in that storyline.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Do you by any chance not understand what the word "too" means in the phrase "too human" @Nefarious Tea actually used? Because it means they didn't actually call them literal humans. Ah, the magic of words. Also, you listed two more differences between Elves and humans than there are between Kyrians and humans and Elves are usually as human as another humanoid can get in most fantasy. So congrats on making an argument in favor of their point.
    Exactly. It makes no sense that the souls of literally every noble mortal soul across the cosmos turns into a human with a blue paint job when they die. Keep the creepy and a little terrifying ritual to turn them into something else - that's not what I have a problem with.

It's what they look like afterwards that bothers me. There's no reason for them to look so obviously human once the rituals are complete.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Quote Originally Posted by LarryWithTheWeatherReport View Post
    I'll take the Maw any day over this. At least I'll get to see the baddest, most evil, and powerful characters across the multiverse there.
    You assume. If you would enjoy that it is quite possible you are locked in an isolated cell for all eternity and never see anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    I don't completely agree that Bastion is a world of eternal happiness with no conflict, as we see in the quests, conflict is part of the test to become an Aspirant.

Though i don't really agree that what makes life enjoyable is conflict.
    It's not that conflict makes life enjoyable, but rather overcoming adversity makes happiness worth having, it's not gratuitous.

Quote Originally Posted by Nefarious Tea View Post
    Exactly. It makes no sense that the souls of literally every noble mortal soul across the cosmos turns into a human with a blue paint job when they die. Keep the creepy and a little terrifying ritual to turn them into something else - that's not what I have a problem with.

It's what they look like afterwards that bothers me. There's no reason for them to look so obviously human once the rituals are complete.
    Except for, you know, also them having glowing eyes, and Ascended having freakin' wings.

Which is now 3 separate physiological differences between them and Humans, just as much as all of the elves.

Again this is just some thinly veiled excuse to whine about Humans because the same 10 people who complain about everything never make any actual new points and sit there agreeing with one another.
    Last edited by Yoshingo; 2019-11-19 at 02:31 AM.

Man you guys really need to get over this really weird Human hate. It's one thing to argue Humans in WoW are too prominent, another thing entirely to turn everything into a Human to whine about it.

We might even get a glimpse into WHY Titans look the way they do, if they have the same source as Kyrians (and considering all the Elune stuff it may be likely). Elune may = turning stuff humanoid (see: trolls becoming more humanoid elves with exposure to arcane).

This afterworld seems more like the movie Slither where you become one with some mutant entity. Sylvanas was right, i don't want to die anymore, oh no.