Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by i9erek View Post
    Zero? We have him on tape admitting to holding aid until the guy investigating his son's company is fired.
    Yup, he's rightfully happy about accomplishing the task (de-employing a corrupt asshole) that he was assigned by the President, Senate, EU, IMF, etc.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cizr View Post
    There are always two sides to every tale but yeah a lot of leftwingers here dont give a fuck and will blindly believe what they want to believe. Notice how they love using "anonymous source" or hearsay when it fits their narrative.
    Not anonymous, not hearsay. Stop lying.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    https://www.rollingstone.com/politic...-trump-913797/

The Right eats their own.

Where are all the "free speech" concern trolls when you need them eh?
    This just in. A random Democrat in white house criticizes trump on key issues, fired the next day by Trump. :P
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

Quote Originally Posted by Malaky View Post
    I strongly doubt this is all it took for the guy to be fired.
    It's much more likely that there were a number of incidents and problems the guy raised in the past happening in the backstage before this one made him lose his job for good.

Sounds like a case of Trump derangement syndrome reaching the limit of its employer, like with Carlos Maza or those journalists who refused to stick to sports for their sports publications.
    So if a conservative is critical of Trump it is because of TDS? What the fuck is wrong with you people? It is sad that this needs to be pointed out time and again but you do realize we can see your post history right? I have seen you screeching about freedom of speech infringements on conservatives in other threads but here it is ok?

- - - Updated - - -

That's the left, son. Even Obama warned about that.
    If an ideological culling for purity is running here the left is holding all the reins of that horse.

....that's the left.
    Perfectly depicted, the friendly media part especially.

Lol? Since when? Where?
    You sure you're not confusing left and right? Because that totally sounds like it.
    Stop with this blaming the left bullshit. None of you whackjobs need any help in exposing yourselves for the deplorables you are. Everytime you people post or speak you are making it clear exactly who and what you are.

- - - Updated - - -

It's the opposite. How many conservatives are you seeing crying and rallying to censor, deplatform, fire and otherwise disrupt dialogue and remove people from being able to talk? Banning people from Facebook, Twitter, removing bank accounts and ability to pay? Constantly practicing diversity through conformity, inclusion through exclusion, denying science and basic biology?

How do you claim projection when notorious leftists like Bill Maher or even Obama are now warning the left to stop with this nonsense?
    Stop with what nonsense? Holding people accountable for their actions and their words? No one owes any of you a platform to spread your hate and bigotry.

- - - Updated - - -

Aaaaah, and there we have it.

"They're monsters, they're racists, they're not pure, it's fine if they go".

Thanks.
    If any of you don't want to be called a racist then stop saying racist things and supporting other people who say racist things. It is pretty simple.

- - - Updated - - -

This guy is crazy. Corrupt president? More like corruption-fighting president. Hope he puts those Bidens in prison for their corruption. He was fired for being insane.
    This is straight up trolling and no this post does not deserve an infraction simply because I called someone a troll. This kind of misinformation has got to stop. Biden was cleared long before Trump decided to try to use this to his political advantage.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by -Nurot View Post
    A) This topic isn't even on Biden.

B) The information has been available to you for months. The investigation had been inactive for a year, before he was fired with the support of other world leaders for known corruption. Yes he actually was corrupt.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/lisette.../#34e60ae23938

C) This is at best a conspiracy theory meant to somehow make extortion acceptable. It's absurd and makes for an awful talking point.
    You have to understand these people are compelled to save their dear leader including a certain mod on this forum even if it means lying, trolling and derailing threads and getting away with it for a minor slap on the wrist while others posting in good faith are more or less perma banned with little short periods of time they are allowed to post again.
    Last edited by xanzul; 2019-11-20 at 03:08 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The president is an official channel. We're also investigating a vice president here not some low-level government cleric. Besides, there is no need for any pressure ... why would he even reject the idea? He'll just say "sure we'll take a look at it", even if he doesn't wanna dig in hard. There is absolutely no need for pressure, we're not taking anything or costing him anything. I mean what's there to lose? We either know if Biden is a crook or not ... people should be happy about this; that we're not just shying away from doing our duty of properly investigating crooked politicians.
    Again, you don't know what you are talking about. Zelenskyy did say he was going to look into corruption but that wasn't enough.

In March 2019, Ukraine Prosecutor General Lutsenko opened two investigations into the 2016 U.S. presidential election and a second into Burisma and Biden. This was done because Giuliani asked him to.

In April 21st 2019, Zelenskyy wins the election. In the months that followed, Trump pressured his administration to make a public announcement about investigating corruption. His administration wrote up several drafts about the speech about fighting corruption but they were all rejected unless Biden was mentioned specifically during that public announcement. The White House visit hinged on that detail.

This had nothing to do with actually investigating corruption.

The president is an official channel. We're also investigating a vice president here not some low-level government cleric. Besides, there is no need for any pressure ... why would he even reject the idea? He'll just say "sure we'll take a look at it", even if he doesn't wanna dig in hard. There is absolutely no need for pressure, we're not taking anything or costing him anything. I mean what's there to lose? We either know if Biden is a crook or not ... people should be happy about this; that we're not just shying away from doing our duty of properly investigating crooked politicians.
    you conveniently ignoring the part about holding up funds, having his stooges push public announcement of an investigation into Biden, ect For the benefit of him, not the country

Sorry, must've missed it in that rabble of nonsense about how "South Park bad".
    Like "orange man bad"? Jesus christ you people need new material. Almost every single one of your posts in this thread have been shitposts and have addressed nothing others have brought up.

- - - Updated - - -

Zero? We have him on tape admitting to holding aid until the guy investigating his son's company is fired. We know that his son is underqualified for his job, and even if it's like you suggested, that they 'only" hired Hunter to get close to him, which is technically a bribe through his son that he gladly accepted. What more evidence do you need to start an investigation? The only thing left is for Biden to confess himself for bribery and corruption.
    Trump broke the law and he WILL be held accountable for it. Get the fuck over it. The Bidens did nothing wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

What's the point of raising it with the DOJ before ensuring there will be compliance from Ukraine? It will just cause a diplomatic issue. I think now is the time to raise it with the DOJ since the Ukrainian government seems to be okay with that.

Besides, what's there to hide? Let the investigation happen with DOJ supervision.

Pressuring the poor guy? Pressuring for what? What is there to lose by taking another look at the investigation and circumstance, you're talking as if we're like blackmailing the guy ... No one is asking someone to fabricate evidence or come up with something, we just asked them to take another look at it ...
    Look this isn't going to be Behnghazi 2.0. Biden was cleared. Period. End of story. How about we address Trump's numerous verifiable violations of the constitution? As Skoe says we are taking your president away from you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cizr View Post
    There are always two sides to every tale but yeah a lot of leftwingers here dont give a fuck and will blindly believe what they want to believe. Notice how they love using "anonymous source" or hearsay when it fits their narrative.
    If anyone is blind it is you and anyone needing proof of that needs to only look at your avatar.

- - - Updated - - -

Trump broke the law. A constitutional law. He did this while holding the highest office in the US. This is no small thing. Biden is not in office right now. Trump is. And Trump is selling all of us out on a daily basis and destroying our country's reputation with the rest of the world and people like you are cheering him on.

The most crooked politician here is Trump. SIX of his closest associates have been convicted of felonies relating to Russia's tampering with our elections with Roger Stone being the latest. You are literally defending the most corrupt politician of all right now.

This is some nice fiction there.
    So basically you aren't keeping up with any of this at all and you are just believing the bs Trump and others are spouting?

- - - Updated - - -

Cleared by who? By who? Corrupt lackeys? We're gonna take another look at this. Cleared my ass; he's full of it.
    This has been very, very well covered by the media especially since it is the whole fucking reason the impeachment hearings are happening. Again the Bidens were cleared long before Trump decided this was going to be his way to get reelected. I am not going down this rabbit hole where you trolls claim to want proof but shrug it off no matter what. Even if Biden broke the law that doesnt change the fact Trump has broken the law numerous times and that is what this impeachment is all about. Biden being corrupt doesn't make Trump innocent of ANYTHING and that is something you Trump supporters cant seem to comprehend. This is about Trump and only Trump and his violations of the law. No matter what you dig up about Hillary or the Bidens or any other threat to your dear leader it still doesnt change the fact your dear leader is rotten to the core and he is abusing the power of his office for personal gain.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cleared by who? By who? Corrupt lackeys? We're gonna take another look at this. Cleared my ass; he's full of it.
    Hunter joined Burisma in 2014 while the company was already being investigated for corruption. The UK and Ukraine was investigating Zlochevsky and other Yanukovych officials with the support of the US. The British became frustrated that the Ukrainian counterparts weren't cooperating with the investigation because documents weren't being provided. In December 2014, the US sent a letter that there would be unpleasant consequences if it didn't do more to help the UK. There wasn't any change and by 2015 the UK was forced to released the frozen funds and Zlochevsky immediately moved to Cyprus.

In February 2015 Shokin became Ukraine’s prosecutor general with the goal of cleaning up corruption and said Burisma was in his sights. Shokin's deputy Kasko later claimed that Shokin had no intent to do any investigations throughout 2015, which led to Kasko resigning in frustration. The US ambassador to the Ukraine also publicly stated in September 2015 that Shokin was subverting the UK's investigation. The IMF’s then-managing director Christine Lagarde, also insisted Ukraine was doing far too little about corruption. Anders Aslund, a senior fellow at the Atlantic Council, told the Wall Street Journal. “The whole G-7, the IMF, the EBRD, everybody was united that Shokin must go.

Ukraine was hoping to receive $1 billion in loan guarantees from the US but the Obama administration was pushing to remove Shokin because of his lack of effort to clean up corruption. In March 2016 Biden told them that the aid would be cut off unless they removed Shokin. This was with bipartisan support.

So, really think hard about this, if Biden was trying to stop Shokin from investigating Burisma why wait over a year to do anything about it?

They were cleared by the guy that replaced the guy he fired? Oh cool then no problem there!
    And yet Trump still broke the law. He still bribed a foreign power to interfere with an election. Again.

The fact you are more concerned with the Bidens and not the actual POTUS says it all about you. Trump is selling all of us out including you. If you are fine with that, that is great but I and many others are not going to sit down and shut up about the POTUS being corrupt.

15+ Year Old Account
    They were cleared by the guy that replaced the guy he fired? Oh cool then no problem there!
    It sounds like you're perfectly happy to support Trump's criminal actions that Trump himself confirmed doing on live television.

Plus Biden was cleared by the entire Ukranian investigative department, not just that one guy. You guys sure do love to go against the law and demand double jeopardy though. Plus wasting US taxpayer resources. Those 28 bipartisan investigations on Hillary led by Republicans that turned up nothing, were they worth it to you? Don't worry, I'm sure you'd love to do 49 investigations into Biden because there's always some excuse as to why the investigation was never sufficient. You'll never accept any verdict against Democrats unless it's "guilty", and yet most Trumpkins already "feel" Trump is innocent before the investigation and evidence were presented.

I guess you just hate the judicial process set up by our founders. So much for patriotism! So much for the party of "law and order" that creates chaos and doesn't follow the laws.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

1-Cleared by the entire investigation board that replaced the guy Biden fired ... yeah, that sounds cool. I'm not that stupid to buy that. Do you have any clue of how corrupt Ukraine is? I would definitely wanna have another team take a look a this.

2-Hillary investigation didn't turn up to "nothing", the conclusion was she did a crime but it was "accidental" and no "criminal intention" was found. I guess they read her brain or something. That's not "nothing", that's letting it slide and turning a blind eye to very possible criminal intent.

Yeah, cause asking someone to investigate corruption is bribery! I guess he should have let it slide right? Don't think so. Don't get involved in corruption and then you don't need to complain about being investigated. Simple as that. I fully support Trump trying to get to the bottom of this. Biden brought shame to our nation getting involved with corruption while bullying countries with aid paid by taxpayers. It's disgusting.
    with holding aid to an ally on whether they publicly announce investigations into your political rival is indeed bribery, quid pro quo and against the law. Trump doesn't know or care two shits about any corruption in Ukraine, other then he can smear biden with it.

Its amazing how "cause asking someone to investigate corruption" talking point is popping up all at once, willing to bet that said talking point was recently highlighted on hannity or some other propaganda spewer

Holding the aid has never been linked to the investigation. So please stop with your conspiracy theories. The only one that really used aid to help his corrupt son is Biden.
    except day one of testimony, common sense look at the time line of events, and you know reality. And how did the republicans, Biden, EU benifit Biden's son by removing a prosecutor who looked the other way on corruption, in favor of a prosecutor who did his job?

Please, stop engaging people like i9erek. You know what they're doing. You can't use facts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Holding the aid has never been linked to the investigation.
    You are wrong.

Ambassador Sondland said, everything was dependent on such an announcement, including security assistance. He said that President Trump wanted President Zelenskyy ‘in a public box’ by making a public statement about ordering such investigations.”

Before the senators left for Ukraine, Murphy said Trump told them he was withholding the aid over corruption concerns
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrr0iwY_O1k

President Trump, in two sets of remarks to reporters asking about his July 25 phone call with Zelenskyy, appears to confirm a connection between U.S. financial assistance for Ukraine and his pressure for the country’s leaders to pursue the investigations he wants.
    https://twitter.com/rgoodlaw/status/1176107138659311616

On Sept. 22 Trump says, “Certainly I’d have every right to [raise Biden with the Ukrainian President] if there’s corruption and we are paying lots of money to a country.”

Sept 23rd 2019
    Trump has repeatedly referred to what he falsely claims the Bidens to have done as “corruption.” “It’s very important to talk about corruption,” Trump tells the reporters. “If you don’t talk about corruption, why would you give money to a country that you think is corrupt?…It’s very important that on occasion you speak to somebody about corruption.”

Sondland amended his testimony to impeachment investigators to confirm he had told Zelensky’s top adviser that Ukraine would not receive the aid until the Ukrainian government had announced an investigation into Biden.
    https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/s...stimony-update

It doesn't matter, he can't just ask for the removal of someone investigating his company's son. You can't do that. It's like firing someone investigating you ... Besides, Hunter got his position as a bribe to Biden, which is a different crime altogether and should be investigated alone. If anything, the board who hired Hunter should also be investigated for why they hired him in the first place and whether they did that to bribe Biden cause it's not really in the company's interest to pay big salary to someone like Hunter. I'm pretty sure that's the case.

That process of looking at the timeline and making conclusions is basically pulling conspiracy theories out of our ass. In anyways, DNC called out everyone they can ... and what did they find? Not a single person had direct knowledge that can confirm with certainty that Trump linked aid to Biden investigation. None has actual first hand knowledge of that and all of them have admitted it's just hearsay or their own conclusion or belief in that conspiracy conclusion. How come none has any direct first-hand knowledge of that? Think about that for a second, if you ask everyone and none have first-hand knowledge ... well because that never happened. So please stop this conspiracy, if you truly care about appropriate conduct you'd put Biden and Hunter on trial because they look so guilty, just so so guilty.
    he didn't, the EU, Republicans and Biden put pressure on Ukraine to remove a prosecutor who wasn't doing his job, the new prosecutor investigated and no charges came out of it.

looking at time lines, testimonies and evidence is now a conspiracy theory to you. but literally ignoring evidence to make a fantasy to protect dear leader is perfectly fine. You simply are trolling at this point.

Zero? We have him on tape admitting to holding aid until the guy investigating his son's company is fired.
    That guy was corrupt, he was supposed to be investigating the company for corruption but wasn't. It was one part of his corruption, not investigating corruption. He was fired and replaced with a guy who actually did an investigation.

Stop stating objectively false information.

We have on record, as far I know, that officials in Ukraine have said that the fired prosecutor was considering investigating Barisma. That's not me. If that wasn't the case, I would not make a big deal about the firing, but I would still ask for the company to be investigated to see whether their hiring of Hunter was done as a bribe to Biden. That I would never let go of.
    the investigator who was removed WAS NOT INVESTIGATING THE COMPANY OR BIDEN'S SON. Its been said over and over and over every fucking time you republicans try to push this garbage.

and even if they hired his son to try and get a foot in the door so to speak, thats not a cimre, furthermore the Trump administration is literally filled with far worse nepotism./ You know like getting his children and son in law security clearances, having his lawyer's son on the white house pay roll, and on and on. But a private company hiring the VPs son is some great crime because.....they are democrats?

10+ Year Old Account
    I have heard some Ukrainian officials on TV say that the fired persecutor was PLANNING to investigate the company. I didn't make that shit up.
    Yeah he said he was going to investigate Burisma immediately when he took office and after a year in office never did anything, and never cooperated with the UK about the Burisma investigation. I bet he just needed more time