8.3.5 possiblity, rebuilding gilneas?

See, BFA's 8.3.5 will have to serve as an epilogue patch buliding up to 9.0 prepatch story but also end BFA, my theory is that one of the things they could have working on this is giving the undead/night elves and worgen a new home.

In order to create a home for them Gilneas could either serve as the binding agent that glues them together and thus we get the Lightforged Undead as part of a triad of 3 Gilneas themed cultures mixed into one, with Forsaken opting to remain with Orgrimmar for now.

It could lead to Gilneas City and the region being revamped to have a story theme around the restoration of the land itself, Tauren/Highmountain via Baine helping restore it from one spectrum while Calia discusses the future with Genn/Shandris from another.

This ultimatley leads to a compramise, a difficult one but by irony the very thing that once served to bring all 3 of these races into war, will now serve to be the thing that unites them.

The story potentially ending with Gilneas City being restored but now having a bigger asthetic and design with it having 3 themes, Lightforged Undead, Night Elf and Worgen.

Genn's people get the Greymane Court region but it becomes heavily more upgraded, the Military district becomes a new area for the night elves and the Blackwald gets a new mini world tree nearby, a world sapling that will grow over time.

And the Lightforged get the cathederal and all 3 share the merchant square.

Now alternatively if we had a Horde equivilent story:

Gadgetzan post hearthstone has become a rife land of criminal scum and villiany, revamped Tanaris gets made with Gadgetzan being the focus, the main story revolved around Gazlowe and Noggenfogger discussing the steamwheedle joining the Horde offically while the Forsaken proove useful in taking away Nogginfogger's rivals to power within it ultimatley securing themselves a district amoung the 3 major cartel rivals.

Forsaken and Goblins share the city together with criminal cartels now under the Horde's operation with the Steamwheedle finally breaking neutrality to declare itself a horde faction, save booty bay which refuses to take a side and continues to smuggle alliance to rachet.

Anyway that was a fun muse of sorts of my idea of what 8.3.5 could look like, with it being an opportunity to add lightforged as an allied race, for the horde, if gadgetzan -was a hub- one of the criminal cartels is very san'layn themed which might be a way to add them to the horde properly and not just a refference in a war campaign story for alliance.

Every time they have a meager amount of content they scream it from the sky and act like they should be thanked for it. So no, I don't expect extras.

That Gilneas is abandoned so long by Blizzard is a mystery to me. Its literally there, the complete zone unused. Just fix it up and polish it, and they have a big city that probably every alliance player wants.

While on the topic of cities... can they PLEASE drag the Exodar and Silvermoon out of the BC Limbo? Those two cities look terrible in today's standard. Silvermoon still has issues with mana addicts and a big damn line of death through the main gates and Exodar is still wrecked like day one.

Gilneas is a very cool, unique and large zone. It would be great to implement it in some sort of way. People might say that it has future plans, but there are several 'large' zones that were all but overlooked until Cata, especially in eastern Kalimdor: Desolace, Ferelas, Un'goro. Silithus was only revamped in the f**king retarded sword strike move. Gilneas could host a whole welter of activities! PvP, PvE, Pvetcetc. Maybe we will see it renovated in future if Blizzard can somehow monetise it??

Personally id love Tanaris to have that Goblin town like Hearthstone with a section dedicated to the Horde Goblins. Id also love to see a restored Silvermoon. But lets be realistic here lol.

Quote Originally Posted by EyeOculus View Post
    That Gilneas is abandoned so long by Blizzard is a mystery to me. Its literally there, the complete zone unused. Just fix it up and polish it, and they have a big city that probably every alliance player wants.

While on the topic of cities... can they PLEASE drag the Exodar and Silvermoon out of the BC Limbo? Those two cities look terrible in today's standard. Silvermoon still has issues with mana addicts and a big damn line of death through the main gates and Exodar is still wrecked like day one.
    I play Alliance. Fixing Gilneas would empower the worgen players, something many people DO NOT want.

In the interest of rebuilding Gilneas, I'm reminded of zone revamps. We as players should not have the option to return to the old version of zones by talking to the NPC. That does nothing at all to make the world feel alive and changing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you insinuating Blizzard would do work that lessens or undercuts Sylvanas' "victories?"
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

I still don't believe lightforged undead will be a thing. And forsaken living alongside night elves like Tyrande? I think they'd prefer to live in the wilderness with the native bears, it'd be safer.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.