Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    So Blizzard is finally going to add grease to that slope, been waiting since Wrath so I can go skiing.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    Interesting how we get blander and blander and less and less sets in the game while innnnnnterestingly the shop (indirectly, for now, but you can kinda see the sneaky sneaking here) gets great looking sets.
    So are you sure xmogs are not tied to content and to your in game experience in any way? I mean many people have expressed how they don't want to farm raids because sets are bland and not unique to classes...
    Gonna have to disagree, everything but the raid sets this expansion has been spot on gorgeous. And on the raid sets 8.3 is looking incredible with the old god themes. All the tentacles a hentai artist could dream of.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Synros View Post
    Again, why buy something that should be in the game you're already paying for?... The problem with your "opinion", is that creates incentive for these companies to continue releasing unfinished games at full price and charge people for the filler that would have been in there originally. The fact Blizzard has put more store mounts on the cash store than they've put playable content patches out for BFA, only exists because of people like you feeding into this bullshit MTX scam...
    Again, what is wrong with a sub based game having things you can buy in a shop? You are under no obligation to buy them and they do nothing to help you play the game. There is no scam here and nothing you have posted is anywhere close to a legit argument. Your claims in this post are also BS.
    Last edited by rrayy; 2019-11-21 at 02:38 AM.

I dont know why you are so concerned, let the whales buy it. Its what they do best and defend their own actions ofc.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    The issue comes from Blizzard putting the best mounts with uniqueness in the shop, while giving out reskins with shared rigging from other existing mounts as in-game rewards. The hardest content should reward the best items, not opening up your wallet.

Also there's the issue of the game having a box price and a mandatory subscription. Most games with both of those don't also have a cash shop.
    Pirate ship aside, I actually think the ones that are available in-game are better. This expansion we have gotten some pretty unique mounts as I mentioned before that have never been in the game before.

Quote Originally Posted by Roship View Post
    Honestly wouldn't mind. If it's just cosmetics, who cares. Even allied races, still wouldn't care. Long as they aren't selling anything that ups your in-game power level it isn't a big deal.
    well, allied races have had better racials to sell more race changes. so this is already basically gone

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    As long as the items in the cash shop remain mounts, pets, and cosmetic items I don't really mind it. Totally optional if you want to spend the money, so long as P2W-type elements are kept well out of it.
    The problem is if they dont hire new artists or make raid gear worse to make people want to buy cash shop items. Artists have a set amount of work they can do.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by asil View Post
    Except it does when they start making microtransaction sets look better than all other gear in the game simply to make more money.

They're already been pumping out terrible looking sets for multiple tiers now.
    You’re still not REQUIRED to purchase the store items though.

Quote Originally Posted by Selmara View Post
    You’re still not REQUIRED to purchase the store items though.
    Doesn't matter, if it takes away from the base game we already pay for that isn't reasonable. If they start investing more art resources into micro-transactions that does impact us.

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    And how do you know they would have even made them? Without the extra money from the cash shop what makes you think they wouldn't have put the artist on some shit for the next expansion instead of making an extra mount? And the fact is most store mounts have a theme tied to the expansion it releases in or the next one. The only ones that don't exist theme wise or as other art assests (like the vulpine familiar being a tamable hunter pet in shadowlands) in an expansion are the Chinese ones.

Look at all the fucking horses and bland basic shit Alliance got this expansion. Do you really think if they didn't have the cash shop they would have gotten anything better? No they wouldn't have.
    You can look at this in any way you want but the truth is in game store should not exist in a game with subscription and expansions with separate fee and the fact that it has one the money obtained from there does not help in any way the development of the game it just shows how they can maximize the profits with minimal effort.
    This game generates so much income that they can double even triple the team working on it to have more quality content but they won't because it's a typical greedy company now.

10+ Year Old Account
    What's with the obsession people have for panicking about ingame shop stuff in WoW?

We get a post like "It's only a matter of time before greedy Actiblizz are selling transmogs/gear/races/classes/spells/bag space/whatever on the store oh noooooez" every week. Meanwhile, to this day WoW's ingame shop is still probably among the most sparse and restrained of many MMOs and indeed modern games in general. I also sub to FFXIV and on and off to SWTOR (when there's new stuff to play) and those games have absolutely MASSIVE amounts of stuff to buy with real money - fuck, FFXIV has multiple subscription levels where you can pay more than usual if you want, like, extra banking and auction space. Can you imagine the outrage if WoW tried to do that? I've played other games where you can pay for direct upgrades or to remove restrictions or for gear upgrades and no, not all of those are F2P .

I get that people dislike microtransactions, but people go crazy about WoW I guess. The cash shop, so far at least, is so restrained compared to what we see elsewhere. A decade after it was introduced and we still have no appearances purchaseable apart from those 3 shitty hats, which you can't even buy at the moment!
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Pre-order bonuses are not new in WoW. RAF-exclusive rewards are not new in WoW. You're going nuts over nothing.

I would definitely care if they sold allied races, as that I consider to be content (plus they can have racials that impact PvP and the like, not that I pick them up for the racials)
    They would be switching form milking the cow to skinning it if they let people buy allied races. That would tip into the land of selling things that impact gameplay and people would lose their minds.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

lol all those people on the front page with "i don't care/it's just cosmetics/i love MTX"

Brainwashing is complete...

Enjoy looking like a turd (see current "sets" in BFA raids) without paying. Visual progression IS/SHOULD BE part of the gear progression and game mechanics. Especially in a subscription based game. You giving it up and keep repeating the slogans conjured by corporations.

It's just cosmetics. Well, raid decorations are just cosmetics too. How about next time you get an empty white room with a black cube in the middle of it. If you pay extra $15 the room turns in to a lair and for another extra $10 the cube turns into a dragon. Welcome to the future, have fun
    Last edited by Vilendor; 2019-11-21 at 07:03 AM.

As long as there are a ton of free mounts and tmog sets in-game ( which is the case right now ) - i am ok with any cosmetics MTX they come up with.

Quote Originally Posted by Popastique View Post
    As long as there are a ton of free mounts and tmog sets in-game ( which is the case right now ) - i am ok with any cosmetics MTX they come up with.
    Yeah, the 111100000th horse mount is a fair competitor to the pirate ship or other store mounts. The 324242342424th cricket pet is almost as unique as the Yeti.

I almost can't pick from all the horse mounts and all the cricket pets. What am I gonna do with my life...

Quote Originally Posted by Roship View Post
    Well I don't think cosmetics are "shady bullshit". Has no significant impact on your gameplay other than looking "pretty". I'm not saying I personally would buy every single cosmetic in the shop, I've personally only bought a couple mounts. That's it. If you have an issue on cosmetic micro-transactions, then that's your opinion and you are entitled to it, as I'm entitled to mine.

Oh, but it DOES have significant impact on my gameplay. Its the same with mounts.
    If you want customers to buy mounts, they need to be special and be made very well. Unique.
    This means those mounts (or equivalents) can never be put into the game, which leaves us with 2000 horses and some bad re-color variants for achievements and reputations. This in turn dramatically reduces the incentive to do said content, which in itself already is a hugely negative effect on gameplay. Its the same for transmog items.
    E.g. do you believe the mage tower would have been such a huge success if the only think you got from there was a color variant for your base weapon skin and the actual mage tower skin would have been on the shop for 17,99?

Or in other words: If the shop items are better than ingame rewards, why bother with ingame rewards at all (as a player)?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vilendor View Post
    lol all those people on the front page with "i don't care/it's just cosmetics/i love MTX"

Brainwashing is complete...

Enjoy looking like a turd (see current "sets" in BFA raids) without paying. Visual progression IS/SHOULD BE part of the gear progression and game mechanics. Especially in a subscription based game. You giving it up and keep repeating the slogans conjured by corporations.

It's just cosmetics. Well, raid decorations are just cosmetics too. How about next time you get an empty white room with a black cube in the middle of it. If you pay extra $15 the room turns in to a lair and for another extra $10 the cube turns into a dragon. Welcome to the future, have fun
    Its really terrible. I remember the good old times when the community made a stand when TRH was announced first

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    Yeah, the 111100000th horse mount is a fair competitor to the pirate ship or other store mounts. The 324242342424th cricket pet is almost as unique as the Yeti.

I almost can't pick from all the horse mounts and all the cricket pets. What am I gonna do with my life...
    Meh, I only find a couple of those mounts in the shop interesting. I have purchased the arcane saber mount. But other than that I prefer the ones in game. Besides there are so many to choose from I seriously doubt this is an issue fro anyone. It's low hanging fruit.

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    Meh, I only find a couple of those mounts in the shop interesting. I have purchased the arcane saber mount. But other than that I prefer the ones in game. Besides there are so many to choose from I seriously doubt this is an issue fro anyone. It's low hanging fruit.
    The Sparkle Pony was a huge thing back in wrath.
    The Winged Guardian and the Heart of the Aspects was a huge thing in cata. It should have been the meta DS achieve reward.
    All of the WoD mounts were a huge thing back then. Unique Rylak and the Fey dragon mount when all you got in game was recolored pigs and wolves. TODAY the Rylak maybe is a bit bland, but BACK THEN it was a hot thing.
    Same with most of these mounts.

Personally i never even opened the cash shop.
    It simply never offered anything i was interested in paying way overpriced costs.

Can't say i understand people who obsessively collect transmogs, battle pets, gear sets, achievements etc...
    WoW is definitely going to be less and less popular... if that cosmetic shop keeps the MMO profitable for Blizzard then im all up for it.

15+ Year Old Account
    I would most certainly accept to get a Diablo 4 same way I got Diablo 3, with 1 year game commitment.