Page 1 of 51
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.

Activision's push to get you to buy more WoW tokens is here

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...9-0-1/370236/8

Those bastards are getting greedier by the second.

They are turning the Caravan Brutosaur into a FOS (unobtainable with 9.0).

This is just a blatant attempt at boosting token sales. Creating this faux rarity with store mounts is one thing, but with vendor goldsink mounts...? Why not then with the original Mammoth? Or Yak? Or Spider?

Simple: Because the Brutosaur is the most unique, and also the most expensive, and thus they'll sell more tokens if it becomes a limited time offer.

Hmmm

I was never sure if I wanted to spend 5 million on this thing, but it was nice to have the option if I one day really end up having that much gold, and no reason to spend it on tokens instead. I think if I have that much gold lying around, I'd still rather spend it on Hearthstone packs.

Then again, I think everybody who can just buy this thing without a thought probably already has it, and if not, you have 1 year to get enough gold together to buy it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Simple: Because the Brutosaur is the most unique, and also the most expensive, and thus they'll sell more tokens if it becomes a limited time offer.
    I really don't think people will buy tokens with real money to get enough gold to buy this thing. It's an AH mount. If you need to buy tokens with real money, you don't need an auction house mount.

Well, mounts discords are going crazy. I'm really not much bothered about the 2 options. I like to use AH on the AH. lol Even being a collector, i was always kind of trying to decide if i would really want the brutosaur mount.

I had planned to just keep saving and get it eventually, guess it's at least good that we know now, so I can get a little more serious about gold making again. Lord knows once it hits the black market it'll probably be more than $5 million.

I think it's much more likely that the reason they are removing it is because in hindsight, they don't like the idea of everyone having their own auction house with them at all times.

And my disgust of Blizzard has been renewed...

Quote Originally Posted by Nosgoth View Post
    I think it's much more likely that the reason they are removing it is because in hindsight, they don't like the idea of everyone having their own auction house with them at all times.
    Then they should have thought about that beforehand. Maybe it was just introduced with this idea, of making money by people getting it through wow tokens, and all.

It's not being removed from the game, but it's being bumped to the BMAH, so it won't be impossible to get, just very, very expensive, likely to hit gold cap before it auctions off

Quote Originally Posted by Veluren View Post
    It's not being removed from the game, but it's being bumped to the BMAH, so it won't be impossible to get, just very, very expensive, likely to hit gold cap before it auctions off
    Yes it will be on BMAH, and probably more expensive than 5mil when it shows up. Or just starts at 20k as every other mount.

Doesn't take a genius to see this is a disingenuous tactic with which to boost token sales. The fact that Blizzard gave 0 justification/rationale behind this decision and nobody ever asked for it either, makes that painfully apparent.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    And my disgust of Blizzard has been renewed...
    Every time they win themselves some good will, they always come up with these unbelievable headscratcher decisions that stir shit up.

Couple things...

If anyone thinks this is to "boost token sales", then they are dumb. Period. At current prices, it takes 27 tokens to do it. 27x$20 = $540. Only fools would spend that much.

Second, yes this is a stupid move on Blizzard's part. They know some of us save up to buy these things but now they have to use artificial scarcity yto take that away. What has been one of the chief complaints about WoW? Removing things that do not need to be removed. With the exception of the old CM Dungeons and things like the Mage Tower, if they put it in the game it needs to stay in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post

Every time they win themselves some good will, they always come up with these unbelievable headscratcher decisions that stir shit up.
    What good will tho?

Many times i see everyone complaining about them, no matter what.

That settles it, I'm never going to have this mount. And I actually wanted it. The Yak is butt ugly, but this is cool.

Glad i managed to buy it months ago... i never managed to win a single item in the BMAH, well besides the invitations.

Still i find this absurd. Can't understand why they are doing this.

Are they going to launch a new shadowlands themed skin for the AH mount? Or are they going to open the gold fountains once again?

hopefully the gold fountain. i have been missing it.

My guess is that there will be a new AH mount for Shadowlands, likely with an even higher cost.

I think they want the AH mount to be expensive at all times, and if they left this one up inflation would eventually make it cheap. This keeps AH mounts relatively rare, and only for people who have what is considered a lot of gold at the time of purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakana View Post
    Then they should have thought about that beforehand. Maybe it was just introduced with this idea, of making money by people getting it through wow tokens, and all.
    I mean I did think it was really crazy when they introduced it.

i dont care.... i never felt i needed to spend 5million on a shit Mount only because you can use the AH on it

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Weird decision. Not many people have 5 million gold to buy it - and even when I had 5 millions (well...when I had 7 million) I just knew I rather buy subscription for it.

AH access anywhere or the looks are just not worth 5 million gold.

Still a weird decision. I mean..doesn't it translate to 20 Tokens= 400 dollars? WoW...who would do that????????
    Boosts helps with having millions.

Some single boost as mount run or something, can be around 4mil.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nosgoth View Post
    I mean I did think it was really crazy when they introduced it.
    Same. Think about it: So, you make us barely be on cities anymore, and now even take away what made us go cities? (AH, portals).

Orgrimmar if they didn't add the portals and made it a bit cheaper, you would see a actual desert probably. (And i don't even get the people that goes in front of AH to just use Brutosaur mount and click on mailbox there, like don't you have more mailboxes elsewhere?)

That bluepost though. Haha lets all laugh together and not get mad. No I won't tell you why. You wouldn't like the answer. But here is some puns! Let's all be friends!
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."