Page 34 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    Of course it is in your head Thats the fricking point! You are very, very naive if you believe they dont know how human psyche works, what is behaviorism when they make decisions.

You also CANT farm 5 milion golds in a year, unless you are extremely lucky and/or no life the game like freaking addict, which turns into more money for blizz.

And oh boy they will spent that cash. Like it is no tomorrow.
    OK. So according to your "Blizzard is terrible because they are creating FOMO" it would be better to not announce the removal of the mount at all. Got it.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    The mount will be in the game for another year. There's no "HURRY UP!" about it except in your head. And it's just stupid to think that people will spend $500 on tokens for it when they can farm the gold for a year and then if they don't have all of the gold by then pick up whatever tokens you need a week before the mount disappears. Your post is very misleading.

And again, the greedy route is to put it in the store where they will like get more cash revenue out of the mount in a week than they will in a year of delay.
    I don't get this argument at all. Unless you are selling carries, making 5 million gold in one year would be pretty damn hard. That's a little under 14.000 gold each day. And even if this sounds feasible or "easy" for some people who know efficient farming methods, it would only become harder if more players started to compete with them on the market. One year is as good as saying tomorrow if you don't already have a good chunk of that gold.

I really don't understand the outrage at all. If you don't already have the mount you still have at least 9 months to get it, that's plenty of time if you're even halfway serious about gold making. Then again, if you care at all about gold making you would already have the mount, and if you don't care about making gold you don't really need a mount with an AH on it. On top of that in the new expansion there will be even more inflation, WoW tokens went from like 50k gold last expansion to 180k gold currently because everyone has so much more gold, I imagine next expansion tokens will go to 300k+ because of inflation again, which means the 5mil gold mount would be insanely easy to get (it's already pretty easy...) because everyone naturally has more gold.

Not to mention I don't see how this is even greedy by Blizzard. Every token sale is only $5 profit for Blizzard because someone pays $20 for it but someone else doesn't pay $15 for their sub, like sure they're making money but it's negligible compared to what they make off every other revenue source.

I get people like to bitch about things, but this one is really ridiculous.

OK. So according to your "Blizzard is terrible because they are creating FOMO" it would be better to not announce the removal of the mount at all. Got it.
    Actually it was datamined and posted on wowhead AND THEN blizzard made a response. So yeah.

To create a fear of missing out you need to annouce that the x item will go away. This creates tension. If they just droped it without ANY sign they would not create fomo but just pure frustration and anger.

Also, they propably decided to drop annoucement when patch 8.3 go live or something, because feat of strenght for owning mount was datamined there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coconut View Post
    I don't get this argument at all. Unless you are selling carries, making 5 million gold in one year would be pretty damn hard. That's a little under 14.000 gold each day. And even if this sounds feasible or "easy" for some people who know efficient farming methods, it would only become harder if more players started to compete with them on the market. One year is as good as saying tomorrow if you don't already have a good chunk of that gold.
    The original argument was that people will spend $540 on tokens right now (or very soon) to pick up the mount because they think they have to hurry. The fact is there's a full year to farm gold. If you can pick up half of it or even more in that time and still feel that you MUST have the mount then you will buy fewer tokens. It's just math.

The entire FOMO argument as it applies to something that's going to be in the game for another 10-12 months is ridiculous.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2019-11-23 at 08:03 PM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

actually it is not hard or decided by market value at all. Farm lfr version of palace of dread in mop, clear the rooms of trash leading to the first boss, loot all, vendor all and you get like 5k gold per 10-15 min spent. Can repeat every hour or make it within one hour with 2-3 characters. The only AH worthy shit are motes of harmony, you get tons of them and engineers need them for golem. Or spirit of harmony, whatever.

They know it is easyish to get gold, the point is that it is tedious, boring as fuck, and you need to stay subed for couple of months hating your life and developing mental ilness :P So they are ok with that, because you stay subbed for months and months, and according to behaviorism you only need to repeat activity for 3 months to create a lifestyle and presto! new wow addi... long time, loyal player

The original argument was that people will spend $540 on tokens right now (or very soon) to pick up the mount because they think they have to hurry. The fact is there's a full year to farm gold. If you can pick up half of it or even more in that time and still feel that you MUST have the mount then you will buy fewer tokens. It's just math.

The entire FOMO argument as it applies to something that's going to be in the game for 10-12 months is ridiculous.
    It's not ridiculous at all. The fact that you wouldn't need to buy all the tokens doesn't make it any less FOMO; one year is a tight schedule for it even if you dedicate most of your play time to farming gold instead of playing for fun.

But like I said on the previous page, I don't even think this is about selling tokens to the people who will get the Brutosaur; it's about selling (fewer) tokens to the (more numerous) people who will buy carries for the Mythic 15+ old god tape worm and the Heroic N'zoth twilight dragon. The Brutosaur is becoming exclusive to push more high end players into offering carries for gold.

The entire FOMO argument as it applies to something that's going to be in the game for another 10-12 months is ridiculous.
    I never said they will doo that instantly. They will farm, dream about it, procastrinate about it for most of the time, and when the dreaded deadline come to close THEN they will buy it like maniacs. Of course with occasional drip here and there through the entire 12 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    actually it is not hard or decided by market value at all. Farm lfr version of palace of dread in mop, clear the rooms of trash leading to the first boss, loot all, vendor all and you get like 5k gold per 10-15 min spent. Can repeat every hour or make it within one hour with 2-3 characters. The only AH worthy shit are motes of harmony, you get tons of them and engineers need them for golem. Or spirit of harmony, whatever.

They know it is easyish to get gold, the point is that it is tedious, boring as fuck, and you need to stay subed for couple of months hating your life and developing mental ilness :P So they are ok with that, because you stay subbed for months and months, and according to behaviorism you only need to repeat activity for 3 months to create a lifestyle and presto! new wow addi... long time, loyal player
    Those values are hell of inflated, I know because I farmed mogs in the LFRs recently, and I farmed the normal versions in the past for mounts. You'll get 5k maybe if you clear the whole raid, more likely 2-3k. And doing the same raid rooms three times and hour, one hour each day for 365 days is not "easy", it's boring as fuck and would probably make one want to quit WoW way before they collected their gold.

Quote Originally Posted by joebob42 View Post
    The spider is like a sports car. It's really cool, and you can actually ride around on it before flying is unlocked. The brutosaur is like buying an RV when you never go anywhere in it. You aren't going to use an RV as a daily vehicle. I think I'd be miserable trying to live in one. If I'm going on vacation, I want the amenities of a really nice hotel. A decent RV costs around $300k. Divide that by $20k, and that's FIFTEEN years of really nice vacations.

I'm still SMH trying to figure out this brutosaur. Is the point of it to enjoy not playing the game? So, you pay $15 per month to sit around in town, showing off the money you used to have?
    Beats me, I don't understand it either. In a world where there's half a dozen option for personal mailboxes and alts can mail you stuff instantly, I really don't see the use for that mount. If you're an AH baron, you're probably glued to your AH of choice anyway.

To stick with your car examples, IMO the Brutosaur is more like a Rolls-Royce Cullinan SUV. Stupidly expensive for what you can do with it, but it shows to the world that you can fork over close to half a million on a huge showpiece. And for some people that's all that matters. I mean, let's not pretend that most people who buy sports cars that can easily go at 300 KM/H or more are likely to ever make use of that feature. They buy them because 1) they look cool, 2) the engine sounds awesome and 3) to show off, most importantly.

10+ Year Old Account
    how many ppl bought that mount in first place? i'm curious
    i know i never even thought about it, the most gold i had was 1.7 million during WoD, and since then i kept bleeding gold even if i bought and subbed to legion with real money (i'm anti-token player)
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Galluccio View Post
    You know that mount is optional?
    You do know that playing the game is optional?

Do you have a point? iTs oPtIonAl isn't really much of an argument.

15+ Year Old Account
    14 alts can make 28,000 with one specific emissary. Boosts, mats, crafting, transmog items, just running old raids, etc can all add up. It isn't that hard if you are motivated to do it. One year is not as good as saying tomorrow even if you start grinding it out now. Not wanting to put in the required work to make it happen is not a good argument for "It might as well be gone tomorrow".

Heck farming zin'athid and anchor weed could have net you a ton of gold at the launch of 8.2. It is smaller now but still possible to do even with one character. You see a lot of druids or hiveminds mass farming the herb but that isn't realistic for most players since you need more then one account and/or botting.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    I really don't understand the outrage at all. If you don't already have the mount you still have at least 9 months to get it, that's plenty of time if you're even halfway serious about gold making. Then again, if you care at all about gold making you would already have the mount, and if you don't care about making gold you don't really need a mount with an AH on it. On top of that in the new expansion there will be even more inflation, WoW tokens went from like 50k gold last expansion to 180k gold currently because everyone has so much more gold, I imagine next expansion tokens will go to 300k+ because of inflation again, which means the 5mil gold mount would be insanely easy to get (it's already pretty easy...) because everyone naturally has more gold.

Not to mention I don't see how this is even greedy by Blizzard. Every token sale is only $5 profit for Blizzard because someone pays $20 for it but someone else doesn't pay $15 for their sub, like sure they're making money but it's negligible compared to what they make off every other revenue source.

I get people like to bitch about things, but this one is really ridiculous.
    just people wanting to find something to rage about. that and being entitled babies.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Sure it is. If you realize you don't need everything even if you want everything then there is no pressure or psychological games to convince you to get everything. The entire premise for everyone saying this is a bad thing for Blizzard to do is because it is playing on peoples inability to say no.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    You do know that playing the game is optional?

the "they are removing a mount! look how greedy they are!" arguement when they give a 10-12 month advance notice isnt much of an arguement either. but 32 pages later, here we are.

It was a status symbol and it will remain a (now probably even more expensive) status symbol.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    14 alts can make 28,000 with one specific emissary. Boosts, mats, crafting, transmog items, just running old raids, etc can all add up. It isn't that hard if you are motivated to do it. One year is not as good as saying tomorrow even if you start grinding it out now. Not wanting to put in the required work to make it happen is not a good argument for "It might as well be gone tomorrow".

Heck farming zin'athid and anchor weed could have net you a ton of gold at the launch of 8.2. It is smaller now but still possible to do even with one character. You see a lot of druids or hiveminds mass farming the herb but that isn't realistic for most players since you need more then one account and/or botting.
    Having 14 alts? Doing the same emissary quest 14 times a day (not to mention emissary quests don't even have gold rewards all the time)? Are you seriously going to pretend that's not absurd? And I'm saying this as someone who got 36/36 Mage tower skins in Legion and farmed 3/5 world boss mounts. Making the argument that "you have to put in the work" is just ridiculous, because if it's gonna take you an hour to farm 14k, you're way, way better off earning real money with... you know... your actual job and buying the required tokens. One would have to be stupid or poor to invest "work" time in game in order to get gold. Spending gold you rake up during enjoyable gameplay is a different matter, but you won't be able to do that in one year.

Aside from that, the fact that they didn't announce this earlier greatly hindered some of us. Like, I bought the white direhorn, two frogs and the faction flying mounts earlier in the expansion. I learned a world drop mount instead of selling it. I swapped 800k with a friend from a different server so they could buy a T3 piece on mine. I decided to stop grinding the other world mounts earlier in the expansion (where additional drops were selling like hot cakes) because I simply wasn't having fun anymore. I never expected the Brutosaur would go away due to not having any precedent, so I made a conscious decision to spend now and farm gold for it next expansion (I got all the previous gold sinks in the expansions in which they were introduced). I could have been much closer to the goal had I known from the start, and I've been very much screwed over by this late call pulled out of Ion's ass.

I suspect others are in similar situations, because BFA added almost 2.5 million of other gold sink mounts on top of the Brutosaur, and that's not even counting those who bought the world drop ones and the void shards for the serpent on the AH. But I'm sure some resident forum halfwit will come tell us we should have spent our gold more wisely.

Quote Originally Posted by joebob42 View Post
    No. Not trolling at all. I'm just saying $500 is a lot of money. It's much more than $15 per month. I'm saying that $500 is a large amount of money to spend on something that doesn't seem to serve any real purpose. The point about the bourbon or dinner was that it's a way to just throw money away. I feel like buying this mount really is just throwing money away. If I'm going to throw money away, I can think of hundreds of things to throw the money at before this mount.

I was just asking what motivation there is to buy this, even with gold. Is it literally just a status symbol, like a pair of $15k shoes?
    You keep answering you're own question which is why I feel you must be trolling.

You think it's a waste of money to buy a $2-300 in-game item, the same way other people would think it's a waste of money to spend $1-200 on a single meal or alcohol.

Anything outside of what you literally need to stay alive is a luxury and people will make priority judgements based on their personal experience...what other motivation could there be?

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    how many ppl bought that mount in first place? i'm curious
    i know i never even thought about it, the most gold i had was 1.7 million during WoD, and since then i kept bleeding gold even if i bought and subbed to legion with real money (i'm anti-token player)
    if you believe that Wowhead is the place where the most fanatic people go to add their profile etc, Wowhead has a stat.
    https://www.wowhead.com/item=163042/...avan-brutosaur

According to the stat, from all the wowhead profiles only 3% has it.

Last edited by Lei; 2019-11-23 at 10:29 PM.