Page 7 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by klogaroth View Post
    My guess is that there will be a new AH mount for Shadowlands, likely with an even higher cost.

I think they want the AH mount to be expensive at all times, and if they left this one up inflation would eventually make it cheap. This keeps AH mounts relatively rare, and only for people who have what is considered a lot of gold at the time of purchase.
    Wow's economy is actually deflating. There's no way to generate endless and infinite gold in BFA like there was in WoD and Legion.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Quote Originally Posted by Nosgoth View Post
    That's actually a good point. Why would it be more expensive on the BMAH? Everyone with enough gold to buy it will just buy it before 9.0

If you have more than 5 million gold after 9.0, why wouldn't you just have bought it when it was available for 5 million? Now maybe in a couple of years the price will be higher, but right after 9.0 releaes, it will most likely be cheaper at first.
    They can just set the starting price for 5m on the BMAH for it.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryFromHR View Post
    I really don't see the big issue, it really should've just been a feat of strength from the beginning, getting 5 million gold is a big fucking deal man

The most I've ever had I think is around 20k.

You've had the entirety of BfA to get the gold and the mount with all the gold making methods in the world so I don't see what people are complaining about.
    If the argument to remove it is that you had an expans worth of time to get it why not remove all mounts when shadow lands rolls around? I mean you had all this time to get them after all.

Lmao I can smell the fucking greed

Oh ok. But it also says we'll still be able to buy it on the BMAH.
    Yes, but then it's been rare, and it will always cost 9.999.999.

Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    Yes, but then it's been rare, and it will always cost 9.999.999.
    It can go higher, it can be lower, depends on server population too. And who buys it, if it's a rich person that will just gold cap, so it wins it at last minute.

They do this with Sha of Anger.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    You say that like Unborn Val'kyr just spawn every 5 minutes.
    Quite easy to spot them tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by George Costanza View Post
    Quite easy to spot them tbh.
    Did they change it? I remember taking 2 weeks to find one back in Mists of Pandaria.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakana View Post
    I think at this point you're just trying to be stubborn. It's not considered to be in game, when you can only get it by the BMAH. Simple as this.
    The BMAH is in the game. Anything on the BMAH is likewise in the game. It requires ingame currency to buy anything from it.

There's no real way to argue that it is not in the game.

- - - Updated - - -

It can go higher, it can be lower, depends on server population too. And who buys it, if it's a rich person that will just gold cap, so it wins it at last minute.

They do this with Sha of Anger.
    No, it can't go any relevant amount higher because that's the gold cap.

Quote Originally Posted by Eosia View Post

If anyone thinks this is to "boost token sales", then they are dumb. Period. At current prices, it takes 27 tokens to do it. 27x$20 = $540. Only fools would spend that much.
    5 million gold is worth $540 either way, dude. People also might feel panicked and buy up the "last little bit." You don't have to buy from 0 to 5 million only with tokens.

And have you seriously never heard the term "whale"? There are absolutely people that would spend that much, and I have multiple digital items worth that much (on steam though)

I agree that it's not to boost token sales, but holy shit your explanation for why that must be true is terrible.

- - - Updated - - -

I think at this point you're just trying to be stubborn. It's not considered to be in game, when you can only get it by the BMAH. Simple as this.
    Uhh, what? Of course that's still in game. It's not easily accessible, but it's still in game.

Quote Originally Posted by Balrog View Post
    I've created an online petition on Change.org to keep the mount available.

Please show your support : http://chng.it/RpJYrhN478
    This means hundreds of thousands of players who don't currently have a way to buy the mount but are saving towards it will be unable to buy it in the future.
    You can't possibly think that. I'm not even sure that many people are still playing the game.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    You mean just like it is now? And the BMAH is capped at 10M. So at most, you pay double the current price.
    that's not just like it is now though, even if the price was 5M it wouldn't be just like it is now. There will be scarcity to it. Currently ANYONE with enough gold can buy it. Once it's in BMAH ONE PERSON per time it goes up can buy it. That's a notable difference.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gotta say putting it up on the BMAH seems pointless. Anyone that has gold enough to be slinging gold on there probably has the mount already or wasn't planning on buying it at its current static price forget about even more expensive

Quote Originally Posted by LarryFromHR View Post
    People have had a year and a halft to get the mount, if they REALLY wanted it, they would've gotten it by now
    Dude, not everyone has been playing during that time, and not everyone rushes something they think will always be available.

Most people that "REALLY" wanted it will have it. Not all of them, and lots of people that just "want it" or "planned to get it" will now have to shift plans.

I'm fine with things having an expiration date on the window of acquiring them, but this one just seems like such a bizarre choice. It honestly feels like it's because of something else they have planned going forward that we don't know about yet. I really don't see them adding another 5m mount to the game, the scaling mount costs have been because of the ease of gold from doing nothing the last few expansions, BFA doesn't have any real generate from nothing gold sources.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post

I think it's good thing for stuff like Mage Tower. If it would stay, Blizz would have to either:

- let people get these rewards without any effort in 8.0 - so most people wouldn't care to do this during Legion
    - update Mage Tower difficulty every few patches and always have this in mind when you balance specs

I would rather see them focus on current content. For stuff like Mythic+ or rated PVP they should keep cosmetics - cause future seasons will provide enough challenge.

Also, PVP vicious saddle style, they should add mounts like Invincible or creepy Argus mount to current (so only Azshara during season 3) Mythic raid last boss. Let's say it would give one token for everyone that killed it, pre-Legion mounts would cost 5-10 tokens, Legion ones 10-20, BfA 20-25 etc. It would give incentive to farm it even if boss don't have any mount drop.
    blizzard is a massive company and wow makes a massive amount of money there is no reason they can't hire a few people to keep stuff like the mage tower tuned and with time walking they could even keep in old raid drops at 100% drop rate by having you clear it legitly while scaled down.

Hmmm

I was never sure if I wanted to spend 5 million on this thing, but it was nice to have the option if I one day really end up having that much gold, and no reason to spend it on tokens instead. I think if I have that much gold lying around, I'd still rather spend it on Hearthstone packs.

Then again, I think everybody who can just buy this thing without a thought probably already has it, and if not, you have 1 year to get enough gold together to buy it.

- - - Updated - - -

I really don't think people will buy tokens with real money to get enough gold to buy this thing. It's an AH mount. If you need to buy tokens with real money, you don't need an auction house mount.
    Eh. Whales will. You can bet your ass.

10+ Year Old Account
    I aint even mad.... by this point I am just not surprised by anything Blizzard do anymore.

I was never going to get the mount anyway, I have never even gotten over 500k gold yet :P :P

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Weird decision. Not many people have 5 million gold to buy it - and even when I had 5 millions (well...when I had 7 million) I just knew I rather buy subscription for it.

AH access anywhere or the looks are just not worth 5 million gold.

Still a weird decision. I mean..doesn't it translate to 20 Tokens= 400 dollars? WoW...who would do that????????
    Sadly me. If work 2 days I can pay for those tokens. I wont be farming 5 mi k. Specially this expansion, which I totally gave up playing. Because of Class design

I'll be back for Shadowlands and I was planning to get that mount 2 expansions from now. Just like the mog Yak. But with it becoming legacy... yah addiction won this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    Yeh, sure but Blizzard is clearly trying to exploit people that are susceptible to this sort of exploitation..
    If they are this stupid then sorry they DESERVE to be exploited. People have free will and can go "Nope, wallet will remain in my pocket.". We need to stop coddling the dumb.