5+ Year Old Account

Expansion Discussion

Hey all!

I see on some threads people saying "MoP was so bad, and Legion was so good!" or "Cata was atrocious, but BC was amazing"

This thread is to discuss and help other people understand why you like or dislike an expansion. I love MoP, and see some people dont. Im curious to see why people dislike MoP. I dislike BC, but am curious to see why people do like BC.

This is also a general thread to discuss anything about an expansion, not just helping other people understand your pov

Enjoy
    yeast

Why do you like MoP?
    Why don't you like TBC?

It's subjective. And we already have many threads like this to be quite honest. With polls even.

Wrath of the Lich King
    Loved: Everything. Death Knights, Wintergrasp, Vault of Archavon, before the implementation of LFD, I had fun doing my daily with guild mates. Implementation of LFD didn't bother me, I still queued with guild mates, but if we were short one player, we didn't need to pick one up in trade. ICC was awesome, getting Kingslayer for a small, moderately skilled guild within a couple months a proud moment.
    Hated: Nutzing!

Cataclysm
    Loved: Worgen and Goblins. Those two added sooooo much replay value. Zul'aman and Zul'farak re-done as 5 mans. Firelands was awesome. Re-done world was a treat and made leveling from scratch so much fun, this was the expansion I became an alt-holic. Grim Batol was fun. Transmog ruled.
    Hate: Abyssal Maw cut. Dragon Soul sucked. LFR killed my guild/group of friends.

Mists of Pandaria
    Loved: New race AND class? Awesome. Monk was fun and quick to level with the boost. Content felt lighthearted, not doom and gloom serious, I checked out as a raider. Pet battles were a fun addition. Timeless Isle was fun.
    Hated: Back then, I got tired of Pandaria. I was still a serious player back then, and was craving some hardcore, Warcraft 3 themes and stories (like Legion.) But in retrospect, it was a fine expansion.

Warlords of Draenor:
    Loved: The cinematic. Re-done models.
    Hated: Everything...

Legion
    Loved: Class Halls and artifact weapons. Suramar and Allied Races. Argus was decent. Not GREAT, but it's Legion stuff, wouldn't hate it no matter how disappointing. Demon Hunters were great.
    Hated: Not fighting Sargeras in a proper encounter. Lore was kind of shit.

Battle for Azeroth
    Loved: Allied Races and Drustvar.
    Hated: Sylvanas and the Faction war.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Wrath of the Lich King
    Loved: Everything. Death Knights, Wintergrasp, Vault of Archavon, before the implementation of LFD, I had fun doing my daily with guild mates. Implementation of LFD didn't bother me, I still queued with guild mates, but if we were short one player, we didn't need to pick one up in trade. ICC was awesome, getting Kingslayer for a small, moderately skilled guild within a couple months a proud moment.
    Hated: Nutzing!

Cataclysm
    Loved: Worgen and Goblins. Those two added sooooo much replay value. Zul'aman and Zul'farak re-done as 5 mans. Firelands was awesome. Re-done world was a treat and made leveling from scratch so much fun, this was the expansion I became an alt-holic. Grim Batol was fun. Transmog ruled.
    Hate: Abyssal Maw cut. Dragon Soul sucked. LFR killed my guild/group of friends.

Mists of Pandaria
    Loved: New race AND class? Awesome. Monk was fun and quick to level with the boost. Content felt lighthearted, not doom and gloom serious, I checked out as a raider. Pet battles were a fun addition. Timeless Isle was fun.
    Hated: Back then, I got tired of Pandaria. I was still a serious player back then, and was craving some hardcore, Warcraft 3 themes and stories (like Legion.) But in retrospect, it was a fine expansion.

Warlords of Draenor:
    Loved: The cinematic. Re-done models.
    Hated: Everything...

Legion
    Loved: Class Halls and artifact weapons. Suramar and Allied Races. Argus was decent. Not GREAT, but it's Legion stuff, wouldn't hate it no matter how disappointing. Demon Hunters were great.
    Hated: Not fighting Sargeras in a proper encounter. Lore was kind of shit.

Battle for Azeroth
    Loved: Allied Races and Drustvar.
    Hated: Sylvanas and the Faction war.
    in the exact same boat for cata. still want an abyssal maw to this day

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Throwme View Post
    Why do you like MoP?
    Why don't you like TBC?
    i love mop because I think visually it was stunning, i loved questing, raiding, dungeons, and the lore most of the time was great in pandaria, it wasnt a life or death thing, you were just fighting local rabbits and returning crops and i think that was amazing

bc, the questing was meh and horde and ally started at the same place which was annoying, raids were fine and dungeons were above average. personally, lore matters alot to me and bc by far had the worst lore.
    yeast