Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

At which expansion did your interest in WoW go downwards?

For me it was after Mists of Pandaria.
    WoD felt all outta touch and since then i barely have touched WoW. (each expansion feels so not like WOW used to be, all wrong and horrible)
    What about you? At which expansion did you slowly stop caring about WoW?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

C A T A C L Y S M

but it really took effect at end of mop then wod legion and BFA
    Last edited by letssee; 2019-11-22 at 04:38 PM.

Legion.

Blizzard seriously out did themselves, going all out with the RNG for literally everything... and the multiple layers of it. Was a mistake going after those reputation mounts, that were behind RNG... completely burnt me out and killed my enjoyment of WoW.

That, along with the change to Shadow Priest, introducing Void Form and the Insanity mechanic... I have main'd a Priest since TBC, and I absolutely fucking loathe its iteration of the spec.
    Last edited by Daedius; 2019-11-22 at 04:53 PM.

WOD (about Mid expansion or a little past mid)....

Legeion can bugger off due to the Survial hunter change

tried BFA for a few months and the classes sucked and I though the scaling was garbage too.

After WotLK, because it felt like the most epic story has ended and they haven't had a villain as good as Arthas yet. Its also the last expansion where the game felt like a true MMORPG. I still enjoyed playing Cata and MoP for what it was, and than WoD arrived where it felt like Blizzard just died at this point. At least Legion was kinda decent.

Cata made me lose interest in endgame PvE (ie Raids and stuff)
    MoP made me lose hope for the community. Pandas and Pokemon battles should, in my opinion, never have been added to WoW in the 1st place. The artwork was stunning in MoP Tho, maybe a little too much china-oriented for my taste.

10+ Year Old Account
    BFA is probably my least favorite along with WoD but nothing about them is making me particularly want to stop playing. I'm just growing bored of the game in general, even Classic. Real life is getting more busy and I've got less time to devote to these kinds of games.

15+ Year Old Account
    WoD was the first that made me lose interest, but BFA might have been my final turn away from WoW. I played a LOT of WoW until BFA, but I just did not care for the story at all. Without a story to keep me playing, the gameplay really didn't interest me anymore. I haven't logged in since the start of the Nazjatar patch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Final patch of WoD is when I noticed I started taking breaks from the game. Small ones, but still. In BFA I had my longest break, and only came back after a patch hit, just to go on a break 4 weeks later.
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

10+ Year Old Account
    WoD, legion rekindled my love for it but BfA is proving hard to love too.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

BFA
    It was the first time ever that during the expansion reveal (Both the cgi trailer and the gameplay trailer) that I just didn't feel interested.

15+ Year Old Account
    It hasnt really. Ive mainly just had to stop playing because of real life. Bfa is the first expansion since cata ive been subbed all the way through even

I think the first time I ever took a major step back from the game was WotLK. I hit the first tier pretty quickly and was exceedingly disappointed and bored.
    Since then I have never committed as much time/effort/investment into the game. There have been waves on increased devotion (MoP/Legion) but nothing like the vanilla and BC days.

Warlords of Draenor. Kept me away for 3 years.

Cataclysm.

I realized all the way back then what some people have only started to wake up to with BFA.

Both WoD and BFA also deserve special mention, for greatly reinforcing the misgivings I had back in Cata.
    "Go back...I just want to go back...!"

10+ Year Old Account
    WoD for sure. I was on a massive upswing from BC- Cataclysm and MoP was the tipping point. I loved MoP but my guild had fallen apart at the end of Cataclysm so I never really got back into the raiding scene or anything so I played MoP almost entirely solo. MoP was great because there was so much to do but when WoD came and it was basically the exact opposite I started to play less. I still played a lot but only having raids as any real content put a huge dampener on the game for me.

Legion brought it back around for me though and even BfA despite it's issues is still fun to me.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I started end of Cata. BfA has held the least interest for me. I log into my main once a day to do gold wq's, mission table, and emissary and then raid once a week. 15th anniversary i am finally getting Ogri'la rep to exalted on my former main. i just cannot be bothered on any alts, which I guess has been the same for other expansions but this one I haven't been bothered at all

that being said when 8.3 hits i will probably start doing more alt shit

Played non stop from 2.3 till Cata. Back in 2010 Cata was a real shocker as it was so hyped but didn't live up to expectations.
    I played more in MoP, probably because of the best ever Warlock talent "Kil'jaeden's Cunning", because the whole theme is not my thing.
    WoD was utter crap from pre-patch. I want this piece of WoW history to be wiped out of the game and my memory completely.
    I dropped Legion after Blizzard went with thier "carrot-on-a-stick" "disposable content" game model. I only returned almost at the end of xpac after learning about templated PvP, which was probably the best ever feature WoW got in years, only to be removed in BfA. I'd probably still play BfA if it was not removed.
    BfA and Shadowlands are probably my lowest point of interest in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by letssee View Post

C A T A C L Y S M
    ^^ This. Prior expansions I may have taken small breaks here and there, usually at the end of the expansion while there is no new content, however Cata was the first where I straight up quit for a month or two in the middle of an expansion. I came back and played some after that until the end and quit again when Dragon Soul and LFR came out.

For me, it’s this expansion. Mythic + killed it for me, and as a hardcore raider it felt it was required, alongside with the AP grind and unlimited titanforging. Sure legion had this alongside with legendaries but I loved the class gameplay back then and the story. Now, it’s meh.