Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    I took the most amount of time off from the game in Cata and WoD. Every other expansion has kept my attention better. It's no wonder I rank Cata and WoD amongst the worse expansions of the game, too.

Cataclysm, I hated the gear, I hated the paladin rework, I hated the new stats, everything.

Cataclysm. ICC burnout didn't help, but I unsubbed for the first time because of Cata.

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between here and the sick, twisted world inside my head
    How am I supposed to know the future?

10+ Year Old Account
    Cataclysm for sure, but MoP brought it back hard.
    And then WoD sunk it, and Legion outright destroyed it.

I just eventually lost the fighting excitement for this game. The new work gobbled up most of the free time(( It's easier for me to watch the stream than start playing now.

Depends on how you mean interest went downward. Real breaks began in Wotlk, but i still enjoyed it, even if i didn't like all the content. The proper downward spiral started with Cataclysm and it's horrid gameplay changes. It still haunts the game today.

Would be interesting to see a poll on this.

For me it was WoD. At least that's the first time I let my sub lapse. I lost interest in raiding through Cata & MoP. I saw the guilds I started both each expansion dissipate after getting stuck after the first few bosses of the initial tier. Both guilds has friends & family members that just weren't very good but we weren't about to kick grandpa because his deeps was too low and he was taking too much damage, but we couldn't progress either (like we were able to do during WotLK).

Raids were becoming less fun for me anyway as each boss was becoming more and more complex. You couldn't just read about boss abilities anymore. You had to study the boss fight and watch videos before you encountered the boss, and if you didn't, you felt like you were letting everyone down, which feels more like homework than playing a game.

But even then, I continued playing solo focusing on achievements, playing alts, pet battles. When WoD came around, the new guild dissipated once again half way through the first raid tier, and now even solo play felt arduous. I blame the lack of flying, 'cause it makes the most sense to me; running around the same hill (that I can't run up) and getting dazed by the same mobs for the 1,000th time felt too monotonous. Blizz kept saying they were going to bring flying 'soon', so I held out hope that would bring back some of the enjoyment. Then when Blizzard announced they were done with flying, I dropped my sub.

I'm played Legion and BFA up to getting the pathfinder achievements, then unsub. So I sub till pathfinder I is complete, quit, then resub till pathfinder II is available, sub till I get that, they play a few alts, then quit again waiting for the next xPac.

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

Cataclysm.

Every single class became less fun to play, and they introduced pop up gameplay. Now, you get to look at your buttons to figure out what to press next. instead of lookng at things that matter, like scenery, bosses, gameplay, etc.

Cataclysm was absolute garbage. Game has not really recovered since, the game is now fun in spite of the Devs, not because of them. All they are interested in now is telling you how you are playing the game wrong.

Cataclysm ruined the gameplay for me, and MoP ruined the world.

My interest in WoW has been a rollercoaster. It went downwards in Cataclysm because of Blizzard ignoring Silvermoon City(Because of that terrible, terrible decision I still don't fly in the Eastern Kingdoms or Kalimdor; and don't have the loremasters for the Eastern Kingdoms or Kalimdor). It went back up in Mists of Pandaria. Then back down in Warlords because of the stat squish and Pathfinder. Then back up in Legion because the Legion is my favorite Blizzard villain. Then back down in BFA because of the stat squish, the death of Artifacts, and Pathfinder still being in the game. Nothing in Shadowlands has peaked my interest so I'm seriously thinking about uninstalling WoW.

I had long breaks during cata and wod but i also enjoyed playing in them. BFA broke affliction for both arena and m+, so it broke me. It has a lot of issues, but shitty specc design was the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    For me it was after Mists of Pandaria.
    WoD felt all outta touch and since then i barely have touched WoW. (each expansion feels so not like WOW used to be, all wrong and horrible)
    What about you? At which expansion did you slowly stop caring about WoW?
    loved the raiding in wod,in legion it kinda started for me and in bfa it hit hard,its odd really,bfa has far more content than wod,and the raids are just as good overall,i think its just a pasage of time thing,well we will see how it feels in shadowlands

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    loved the raiding in wod,in legion it kinda started for me and in bfa it hit hard,its odd really,bfa has far more content than wod,and the raids are just as good overall,i think its just a pasage of time thing,well we will see how it feels in shadowlands
    The general vipe of how they handeled the expansions is what got me.
    I prefered the oldskool dungeon rewards with emblems. The weekly conquest farm.
    I prefered that they kept people ilvl the same as always and not increase/decrease in battlegrounds.

The small things. It all started to change in WoD and forward.
    WoW got completely lost after MoP.

of course the changes on WoW started during WOTLK. but it got totally different in WoD.
    I always said to my friends, WoW has 2 game era's, Vanilla till MoP and WoD - BfA

Both 2 completely different games.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

10+ Year Old Account
    Cataclysm but MOP sealed the deal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    WoD and most of Legion.

Only really got back into the game during Legion’s content drought where I decided to farm out all the old reputations and mounts I had been to lazy to do before, it all started when I realised the mage tower was doable with some basic catch up gear which inspired me to get the appearance for every spec, though I never got all the healing ones because fuck healing and that challenge (Got the disc priest and holy pala appearances though).

I just couldn’t be bothered doing any of this in WoD and early Legion. Collecting seemed pointless to me and I didn’t even bother to get the challenge mode weapons/yeti since I thought they all looked like ass. And I still do. Though from a collector’s standpoint I kinda regret that, I also regret never getting the Paladin challenge mode set in MoP, only grabbing the Warrior one, but I didn’t have enough for a second boost.