Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Ron Burgundy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Lightbulb Arthas will kill Sylvanas in Shadowlands

you heard it here first folks.
    Milk was a bad choice.

2013 MMO-Champion User of the Year (2nd runner up)

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    Hopefully in the first zone, like with Ysera.

That'd be hilarious.

Just kill her, and then she pops into existence as a ghost on Arthas' other side, both looking awkwardly at each other over her corpse.

And then resurrects her as a banshee. Just like in WC3.

Its like poetry, it rhymes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably not. It's poor storytelling. Yes, Sylvanas has become a monster herself, but Arthas is the last person with the right to kill her given he is the one who set her on this path to begin with.

If Sylvanas is fated to die permanently, then the person who does it has to be one with a genuine grievance against her so that the playerbase feels a sense of catharsis as justice is meted out, something Arthas doing the deed would fail to accomplish.

The only person capable of realistically accomplishing the goal and having an abundant motive to do the deed whilst allowing players to share in that moment is Tyrande. With Blizzard, the obvious answer is usually the correct one. Who was going to be the next warchief after Garrosh? Why, Vol'jin, the guy they'd spent an expansion building up. Who was going to burn Teldrassil? Why, Sylvanas, the leader of the army attacking Teldrassil. And who will kill Sylvanas? Why, the person who is very vocal she will hunt Sylvanas down and who has been confirmed to a have a role in Ardenweald.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    Nope. i've been saying it since Blizzcon.
    @Obelisk Kai : It could be part of a redemption arc (as a spirit/soul, he stays dead but atones for his sins. Destroying Sylvanas would be taking responsability and dealing with it. Her existence as an undead is his fault, his cross to bear if he wants to redeem.

Depends which Arthas we'll meet. If it's the "Good" Paladin Arthas or the "Evil" Death Knight Arthas. If I am not mistaken he appears as his Good self in Edge of Night.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Testodruid View Post
    Any other predictions? Like next weeks lottery numbers? (send in PM not in the thread)
    C'mon, man. Leave some for the rest of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebra the War Criminal View Post
    Depends which Arthas we'll meet. If it's the "Good" Paladin Arthas or the "Evil" Death Knight Arthas. If I am not mistaken he appears as his Good self in Edge of Night.
    Well in a sense, the "good" Arthas is the real Arthas. The Death Knight was essentially a brainwashed Arthas, heavily influenced by powers outside of himself.

Arthas does not deserve this "honor". Clearly Tyrande is deserving of the kill-shot that floors Sylvanas.

Quote Originally Posted by Nynax View Post
    Well in a sense, the "good" Arthas is the real Arthas. The Death Knight was essentially a brainwashed Arthas, heavily influenced by powers outside of himself.
    It's amazing how you people would give everyone a pass if it means they kill Sylvanas.

Arthas is not a good guy, he never was, he was an obsessive, spoiled brat who thought he knew best and that's exactly how the Lich King got him and turned him into the beloved character we unfortunately lost in WOTLK. If you turn him good he becomes just another generic human paladin and I'm tired of those.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilfish View Post
    It's amazing how you people would give everyone a pass if it means they kill Sylvanas.

Arthas is not a good guy, he never was, he was an obsessive, spoiled brat who thought he knew best and that's exactly how the Lich King got him and turned him into the beloved character we unfortunately lost in WOTLK. If you turn him good he becomes just another generic human paladin and I'm tired of those.
    It's shocking how many people put Arthas' clear character flaws down to the influence of the LK/Frostmourne.

Quote Originally Posted by Nynax View Post
    I know. But the situation is confusing. In Edge of Night Sylvanas sees the true soul of Arthas, the good Arthas (represented by a frightened child) in what we can only assume to be the Maw, and yet why would Paladin Arthas go there? Or rather, if Arthas is in the Maw, why would he appear as his good self?
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebra the War Criminal View Post
    I know. But the situation is confusing. In Edge of Night Sylvanas sees the true soul of Arthas, the good Arthas (represented by a frightened child) in what we can only assume to be the Maw, and yet why would Paladin Arthas go there? Or rather, if Arthas is in the Maw, why would he appear as his good self?
    That's not his good self. That's a form of punishment. From that big powerful death knight commanding scores of monsters to a crying kid.

She is not dying next xpac. You heard it here first.

Why would Arthas kill Sylvanas??
    He should again be Arthas the paladin since his connection with the Lich King is removed.

I think you didn't hear Ion having nerdgasm when he started talking about Sylvanas on stage

I would pay a 1 year sub just to see it, it would be hilarious.

Its so cheesy and cliché,
    Blizzard should consider this

I will love you forever if they did. Means the Blizz writers CAN kill off their stupid Mary Sue dumbass.
    Sadly it won't though. People at Blizz love her for some stupid reason when she's easily one of the worst characters in the WC universe.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.