Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Cyberpunk 2077 considering microtransaction :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-pDMiyptGU

and people were naive enough to belive that they are ny different from other publishers

how big the backlash will be now ?

7+ Year Old Account
    literally couldnt care less about the multiplayer. single player is all that matters.

on top of that, since its not a subscription based game, if there will be maintenance costs for multiplayer, monetisation seems entirely reasonable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Arent the single player and multiplayer part 2 individual projects? Because how I understand this is that it is only goin to affect the MP and since I intend to only play the SP it is more like a non-issue to me.

Won't touch mp never cared for added mp in single player games like for example uncharted, if I want mp games I go to games like battlefield that's made for mp.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Quote Originally Posted by BadguyNotBadGuy View Post
    literally couldnt care less about the multiplayer. single player is all that matters.

on top of that, since its not a subscription based game, if there will be maintenance costs for multiplayer, monetisation seems entirely reasonable.
    inbefore single playerwill be only 5-10% of actual content in game.

There won't be a big backlash and I think people weren't being supportive because they were naive about the company. People just wanna show it can be more rewarding if you focus on doing a good work rather then focusing on profit.

Well, might want to wait for some concrete info before making a call either way. W3 DLC was a mixed bag: hearts of stone was debatable value, while blood has definitely delivered beyond it's price.

Companies used to offer deals that had good value. I still remember dota2's first TI compendium, it was rather expensive, but you got your money's worth and even more. I'm pretty sure that if I sell all of the things I got I would make at least double the money I've spent on it.
    Last edited by Echeyakee; 2019-11-25 at 12:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post

and people were naive enough to belive that they are ny different from other publishers

they are different,and what backlash?for what?its for the multiplayer,thats not sub based....do people also complain about poe's micro?

Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    I can't see the video due to me being at work. Can you tell me what kind of transaction is this?

is it cosmetics or gameplay advantage?

if it's cosmetic, i really don't mind. I would buy from them (assuming the game is good) as a form of showing my support.
    They said minimal mtx, most likely cosmetic stuff only. Really not that big of a deal, unless they start unloading too much into being MTX exclusive. I doubt that will be the case with cdpr.

you are just being silly,this company has never shown any sign of such practice,maybe save it until they actualy do it

People are leaping to conclusions based on, well, very little.

CDPR have been very clear that there will be no MTXs in CP2077 SP. It just isn't happening.

The whole MTX thing came from a talk CDPR were giving to investors. What was said was "As far as the monetization of multiplayer for Cyberpunk is concerned, we believe right now it’s definitely too early to share any details on that or give guidance; the project is in a relatively early stage. We keep experimenting – that’s our first multiplayer game. We check various options and possibilities, and it’s definitely not the time to point you to a specific direction on that. Of course you can expect that we won’t change our general policy towards “deals with gamers” so I expect wise monetization and – always – value for money."

They were talking about multiplayer, not single players, and mentioned they were considering how to monetize it. No mention of MTXs at all. Just that they were discussing how the MP side of the game would work and how they might pay for it. What, you weren't expecting it to be totally free?

I already told myself I wasn't going to play it after certain things about it were learn so this hardly affects my choices.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering the game is already said to be larger in terms of content density and playtime than Witcher 3, I'm fine with that.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    you are just being silly,this company has never shown any sign of such practice,maybe save it until they actualy do it
    neither did beloved company of most Bethesda

and then Fallout 76 happened.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    exactly, we are talking about a company that brought us Witcher 3. They deserve my respect & admiration until they do a douche move.

cosmetic shop is not a dealbreaker for me.
    so Atomshop is ok too in F76 eh ?

after all they sell mostly cosmetics there.

- EA announces anthem will have mtx -> ppl go mad
    - Blizzard announces D4 will have mtx-> ppl go mad
    - Based on speculations cp2077 will have mtx-> ppl don't care/justify online service costs

A little bit of objectivity doesn't hurt no matter if you are it pro or against mtx
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Much like RDR2's MP I care very little about it's existance (not that it actually exists in any shape right now). A couple months ago they weren't even sure if they were gonna do MP, given the SP's spring launch next year the MP will be an afterthought way later anyway and frankly I don't expect a company to support my SP game months after launch with free shit in the first place. I care if they scam me by cutting out SP shit before and sell it to me later or make the game deliberately bad in some aspects to sell me the fix. So far neither seems to apply here.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

3+ Year Old Account
    ...and another forum crusade against mtx. No there won't be any backlash, most ppl just doesn't care or like mtx.
    MMO-Champion Forum
    noun

1. a place where people who stopped playing World of Warcraft 10 years ago gather to tell those who still enjoy the game, how bad it is right now.

so like red dead redemption. so long as it knows its place and sticks to the meaningless multiplayer.

Did doom 2016's MP have MTX?
    Last edited by Tenjen; 2019-11-25 at 04:18 PM.

Lmao at your clickbait title.

Cyberpunk 2077... THE GAME... won't have microtransactions. Whatever the multiplayer adaption of the game... which is basically a different game, or an expansion will have microtransactions.

Don't you have anything better to do or do you like wasting time trying to draw people in with an incorrect title and defend the narrative you're trying to push?

15+ Year Old Account
    That plus first person only makes me not really want to play it so oh well