Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ...
4
12
13
14
15
16
... LastLast
  1. #261
    I think the shop was okay up until now, however in BFA armor sets obtainable in game look absolutely terrible, for the first time I might add and here we are with SL preorders bringing the first beautiful armor set added to the game since Legion, not so subtly hinting armor sets coming to the store soon. It's always the same argument, "It's just cosmetics, let the whales support the game". However I think the moment the the store has more good things than the game, it's a real problem. GW2 was perhaps even more of a fashion game than WoW for the first few years, but Arena Net completely killed in game rewards with the store..

  2. #262
    Titan Daemos daemonium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of moose and goose.
    Posts
    13,749
    Quote Originally Posted by liberaet View Post
    So selling cosmetics is fine nowadays? I remember times like 15 years ago when cosmetics were given for achieving something in game. I guess some folks would accept anything these days without realizing how good things could have been.
    While not quite 15 years old I’d say the shop is better then the real world loot boxes they used to sell with the trading card packs for mounts and pets.

  3. #263
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Adults also understand that having a cash shop in a B2P+fee game is predatory, no matter if other companies are doing the same. See, that's how the "no true Scotsman" thing works.
    You clearly do not understand the concept of predatory. You do not get in game spam about the cash shop. You do not get in game messages about what you can purchase in the shop. You do not get popups that you have to constantly click through regarding the shop. So no, WoWs cash shop in particular is no way a predatory thing.

    You have one small button that you can completely ignore (and most custom UI's do ignore it).

    I play this game. I might click on the cash button once a month, more out of curiosity to see if any pets or mounts have been added since the last time I checked it. I also have the ability to not click it.

    See, its amazing what having the choice can accomplish.

  4. #264
    Quote Originally Posted by liberaet View Post
    I have been thinking about it as well for several years already, but that's just how scummy ActivisionBlizzard got. And they will continue as long as people pay for it.

    - - - Updated - - -



    So selling cosmetics is fine nowadays? I remember times like 15 years ago when cosmetics were given for achieving something in game. I guess some folks would accept anything these days without realizing how good things could have been.
    Cosmetics are still given in plentiful amounts in game so i have zero to complain about. Also the market has moved a certain way and as a company, which exists solely to make money not make you feel good, they took the most sensible approach unlike many other companies. There's no lootboxes, no p2w crap, no nothing. Its just direct buy stuff that you CAN BUY WITH GOLD! So if you were good enough at making gold there would be a zero cost to you to purchase these items.

  5. #265
    I personally haven't kept up with 14 fucking pages of nonsense but has anyone brought up FF yet? Oh wait that's ok beacuse you can buy panties for your catgirl
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

  6. #266
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhanzai View Post
    You clearly do not understand the concept of predatory. You do not get in game spam about the cash shop. You do not get in game messages about what you can purchase in the shop. You do not get popups that you have to constantly click through regarding the shop. So no, WoWs cash shop in particular is no way a predatory thing.

    You have one small button that you can completely ignore (and most custom UI's do ignore it).

    I play this game. I might click on the cash button once a month, more out of curiosity to see if any pets or mounts have been added since the last time I checked it. I also have the ability to not click it.

    See, its amazing what having the choice can accomplish.
    exactly! ugh its so simple to understand this and blizz made this in a way that is unlike pretty much every store in the market. its only cosmetics, no p2w, not needed for anything in game, not loot boxes etc. Its just direct buy items that you can purchase with gold if you wanted to not pay money.

  7. #267
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodykiller86 View Post
    exactly! ugh its so simple to understand this and blizz made this in a way that is unlike pretty much every store in the market. its only cosmetics, no p2w, not needed for anything in game, not loot boxes etc. Its just direct buy items that you can purchase with gold if you wanted to not pay money.
    Seems like there are a lot of emotionally unstable people who don't have the ability to think critically.

    I have a membership to a gym that I only play basketball at. Every time I go play basketball I see notices about extra events like yoga that require an extra fee. I should go to management and complain about their predatory scheme about getting members to pay extra for some hot girls in yoga pants!

  8. #268
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhanzai View Post
    Seems like there are a lot of emotionally unstable people who don't have the ability to think critically.

    I have a membership to a gym that I only play basketball at. Every time I go play basketball I see notices about extra events like yoga that require an extra fee. I should go to management and complain about their predatory scheme about getting members to pay extra for some hot girls in yoga pants!
    You complain about how you think people lack critical thinking skills yet give an analogy that was incorrect.

    You pay for a membership to the gym. They offer a group service at the Gym think of that as WoW. The extra events are different products not required membership of the gym rather different subsidaries. So in this case youre paying for WoW. The extra event would be OW or Diablo in this sense. So youre critcal thinking analysis is ironic. Dont be like others calling others fools, you only look like a clown. (This isnt me trying to troll you either, its advice.... Trying to act smart and being smart are two different things.)

  9. #269
    Quote Originally Posted by Senshenzu View Post
    You complain about how you think people lack critical thinking skills yet give an analogy that was incorrect.

    You pay for a membership to the gym. They offer a group service at the Gym think of that as WoW. The extra events are different products not required membership of the gym rather different subsidaries. So in this case youre paying for WoW. The extra event would be OW or Diablo in this sense. So youre critcal thinking analysis is ironic. Dont be like others calling others fools, you only look like a clown. (This isnt me trying to troll you either, its advice.... Trying to act smart and being smart are two different things.)
    My analogy was spot on. Your membership/subscription gets you exactly what you signed up for. Optional things (mounts or yoga) are not required to perform at the highest level of the game. If I want to fly on a special looking mount then I can buy it. If I want to get into yoga then I can pay for it. It is exactly the same thing because both are optional and do not have any bearing on what you subscribed for.

  10. #270
    Quote Originally Posted by Depakote View Post
    Character boosts hurt the game quite a bit tbh. Just think about it. Why should anyone play through the content of an expansion when they can just drop 60$ or whatever it costs and get to max level?
    Because max level boosts don't drop until the next expansion has been announced, by which time 90% of the current expansion's playerbase has already experienced most of the expansion's content up to that point.

  11. #271
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    You haven’t actually logged onto classic at all have you? The zones are not the same as the post cata world the quest are not the same in many places, there are abilitys that are not in bfa, some dungeons like sunken temple aren’t not the same post cata, game mechanics and story are not the same post cata.

    You are talking complete ignorant none sense.

    - - - Updated - - -



    As someone who has been playing pre boost the quaility of little Timmy’s play hasn’t drastically gone down at all. People who don’t want to or can’t learn how to play properly won’t do so just because they leveled instead of boosted.
    I've played through Classic with friends. The changes between Classic and Modern are nowhere near enough for it to be considered an entirely different game.

  12. #272
    The Lightbringer Eugenik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    In your backyard
    Posts
    3,635
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Wow isn’t a complicated game
    Never claimed it was.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    I've played through Classic with friends. The changes between Classic and Modern are nowhere near enough for it to be considered an entirely different game.
    Well, I guess n one can refute that opinion and the merits of the benchmarks you used to gauge it.
    Let's look at the test results. You are a horrible person. It says right here, you're a horrible person. We weren't even testing that. Don't let the horrible person thing get you down though. Science justified your parents choice to abandon you.

    Eugenik - Tchondrius

  13. #273
    Titan Daemos daemonium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of moose and goose.
    Posts
    13,749
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    I've played through Classic with friends. The changes between Classic and Modern are nowhere near enough for it to be considered an entirely different game.
    The changes are bigger then some sequels do with things like res/hit taken out a comply different world, reagents and ammo taken out totally different ability’s/old ability’s taken out.

    With just cata it was likely more then enough to be a separate game but then you also have the massive graphical over hall of the last few expans new classes races ect.

    To act like they are even close to the same is either ignorant to the extreme or asinine to the extreme.

  14. #274
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    The changes are bigger then some sequels do with things like res/hit taken out a comply different world, reagents and ammo taken out totally different ability’s/old ability’s taken out.

    With just cata it was likely more then enough to be a separate game but then you also have the massive graphical over hall of the last few expans new classes races ect.

    To act like they are even close to the same is either ignorant to the extreme or asinine to the extreme.
    The only real changes are some slight zone changes, a revamped talent system, and better graphics. Otherwise everything in Classic is still a part of Modern. So once again, claiming it's a totally separate game is really dumb.

  15. #275
    Titan Daemos daemonium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of moose and goose.
    Posts
    13,749
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    The only real changes are some slight zone changes, a revamped talent system, and better graphics. Otherwise everything in Classic is still a part of Modern. So once again, claiming it's a totally separate game is really dumb.
    I just gave you a list of things that are different... did you just not read it? I guess you must have taken the asinine option.

  16. #276
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    I just gave you a list of things that are different... did you just not read it? I guess you must have taken the asinine option.
    I did read it. Hence why I continue to list the only things that are ACTUALLY different in Classic. The graphics, a handful of the older zones, and the talent trees. Everything else is literally still a part of Modern so saying it's a separate game is ridiculous. If Modern didn't have ANY of the aspects of Classic then it'd be a different game. But it's still, in essence, the same exact fucking game.

  17. #277
    Titan Daemos daemonium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of moose and goose.
    Posts
    13,749
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    I did read it. Hence why I continue to list the only things that are ACTUALLY different in Classic. The graphics, a handful of the older zones, and the talent trees. Everything else is literally still a part of Modern so saying it's a separate game is ridiculous. If Modern didn't have ANY of the aspects of Classic then it'd be a different game. But it's still, in essence, the same exact fucking game.
    so where can i buy my quiver and hunter ammo? oh and where is a good spot to train my hit rating? do you know where i can get the gear to cap my resistances as well?

  18. #278
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    I'm talking about utter crap like:
    -store mounts
    -character boosts
    -"get this now before it's too late and we arbitrarily remove it"
    -purchasable cosmetics
    -whale targeting
    -cute fox people

    I mean yeah sure it allows Activi$$ion Bill$$ard to rake in more money but it damages the integrity of the game. You'd expect to see crap like this in games like League of Legends and all of those billions of mobile "clash of clashes" clones. Not a monthly-sub based game like WoW.

    Listen up, Kotick. If you want to suck $$$ out of your hapless victims then by all means do so but do it in a separate mobile game that is clearly designed to bleed the whales dry. Leave WoW alone and let us have our fantasy RPG.
    Nah i love all that stuff you listed it can stay it can all stay!

  19. #279
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    so where can i buy my quiver and hunter ammo? oh and where is a good spot to train my hit rating? do you know where i can get the gear to cap my resistances as well?
    Those are LITERALLY things that are so miniscule that they don't really dramatically change the game. You're grasping at straws.

  20. #280
    Quote Originally Posted by Clbull View Post
    Wait, OP got banned for this post?

    He's absolutely right, you know. The only reason publishers like Activision, 2K, Take Two, EA, Ubisoft, Jagex, etc still throw microtransactions and cash shops into fully priced AAA games is because people will still sheepishly buy into that crap. This is the future of gaming and as consumers, you all enabled them to do this. I can only hope that regulators around the world catch up to these scummy tactics and start banning loot boxes and cash shops entirely.
    Video game publishers are spending more and more on game development. The size of a game team has exploded exponentially as games have gotten more and more complicated, larger, and cost more and more to produce. Yet video game prices are pretty much the same. Inflation has driven prices of products up all around us, but the price of buying a AAA video game hasn't changed in decades.

    These publishers have shifted their strategy to include things like MTX in order to offset some of those costs and keep games profitable. It also allows them to extend the lifecycle of a game, keeping it current.

    Read this to get an understanding of the rising costs of video game development, and why their moetization strategy has shifted:

    https://www.businessinsider.com/why-...ollars-2018-10

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •