Poll: Clicky clicky

Page 18 of 63 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Naughty, naughty, very naughty...
    Sorry, but:

Quote Originally Posted by LeGin Tufnel View Post
    Sorry, but:

I thought you'd be the one to pick up on that.

Not going well for BoJo this morning.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    Not going well for BoJo this morning.
    How so?

In the meantime I'd like to thank all the ex-Labour voters who are choosing to vote Tory for the first time in their lives. Well done for saving the union with a Tory government and deserting Comrade Corbyn who would break it to pieces.

Labour CRUMBLES in North 'First time I'm voting Tory!' Heartland voters ABANDON Corbyn

https://www.express.co.uk/news/polit...wall-crumbling
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    How so?

In the meantime I'd like to thank all the ex-Labour voters who are choosing to vote Tory for the first time in their lives. Well done for saving the union with a Tory government and deserting Comrade Corbyn who would break it to pieces.

Labour CRUMBLES in North 'First time I'm voting Tory!' Heartland voters ABANDON Corbyn

https://www.express.co.uk/news/polit...wall-crumbling
    Yep, sure. It’s very much looking like a Tory majority now isn't it?

They're taking back control, aren't they! Taking back control from the 'elites’ by voting for…. oh, wait.

They'd send their children to private school if they could. They hate Boris but they don’t resent the privileges he’s enjoyed. Yes, I agree: it’s looking very like this demographic will tip the scales.

So, when the lives of these Northern & Welsh, white, working class, older men and women - 'left behind by globalisation' (LOL - fuck off to Kibera and see how you like it there), whose 'values' are a teensy bit threatened when they see a Muslim woman wearing a veil and are too stupid to understand that net migration will remain the same (it'll just continue increasing from non-EU countries as has been the trend since 2013) - are negatively effected for the worse, either through job losses or reduced benefits & further austerity because the UK faces 10 / 15 / 20 years (depends who you choose to believe) of stunted growth…… I will laugh. When Scotland (eventually) leaves the Union, I will laugh. When they complain that the NHS can’t provide them with their drugs because they cost 10x more as a result of Trump’s shitty trade deal, which we will bend over to sign, I will laugh. When the Real IRA bomb a mainland city, I won't laugh, it'll just be very, very sad.

Cheery, cheery.

Well, I voted.

SNP. As mentioned earlier, in my constituency it's very likely to come down to SNP vs Liberal Democrats. I'm not the biggest fan of either party, though with the voting record of the current leader of the Lib Dems being awfully close to that of the Conservatives I can't bring myself to vote for the party itself. It helps that the SNP guy where I live has a voting record I agree with on most counts.

7+ Year Old Account

They're taking back control, aren't they! Taking back control from the 'elites’ by voting for…. oh, wait.

They'd send their children to private school if they could. They hate Boris but they don’t resent the privileges he’s enjoyed. Yes, I agree: it’s looking very like this demographic will tip the scales.

So, when the lives of these Northern & Welsh, white, working class, older men and women - 'left behind by globalisation' (LOL - fuck off to Kibera and see how you like it there), whose 'values' are a teensy bit threatened when they see a Muslim woman wearing a veil and are too stupid to understand that net migration will remain the same (it'll just continue increasing from non-EU countries as has been the trend since 2013) - are negatively effected for the worse, either through job losses or reduced benefits & further austerity because the UK faces 10 / 15 / 20 years (depends who you choose to believe) of stunted growth…… I will laugh. When Scotland (eventually) leaves the Union, I will laugh. When they complain that the NHS can’t provide them with their drugs because they cost 10x more as a result of Trump’s shitty trade deal, which we will bend over to sign, I will laugh. When the Real IRA bomb a mainland city, I won't laugh, it'll just be very, very sad.

Cheery, cheery.
    One thing is certain, it's not looking likely for a Labour majority thank God. The danger is a Comrade Corbyn and Sturgeon alliance.

Oh and sending your childen to independent schools is not uncommon, almost 1 in 10 are educated privately. Why wouldn't you, like Diane Abbot did and many many Labour MP's, if you could?

That's the problem with Labour supporters, jealous types who can't afford a pot noodle always wanting to drag society down to the lowest common denominator. Their problem has always been everyone must have an equal start and education in life. An equally bad one.

News flash life is not fair. We are not all equal and never will be - get over it.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка

Cheery, cheery.
    Dribbled loves the elite, all tories do, its why they vote for them.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by funtwant View Post
    We are jealous types until we become rich, then we are hypocrites. You can't win.

Btw If we are indulging in a pathetic dick-waving contest what's your net worth Dribbles? I'll flip you for it....
    I'm not flipping for anything, school fees to pay for, for more than one you see. That'll be expensive when they both are boarding in a couple of years time.

In any case gambling is for the poor, you see the suckers every week paying their poverty tax by buying national lottery tickets whilst feeding their families from the food banks.

I just wish I could afford Sky TV, but then I'm not on benefits so it's never going to happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by funtwant View Post
    We are jealous types until we become rich, then we are hypocrites. You can't win.

Btw If we are indulging in a pathetic dick-waving contest what's your net worth Dribbles? I'll flip you for it....

- - - Updated - - -

I wonder if he'd love them if he actually met them and knew how much they despise ordinary people like him. There are some truly revolting people in the elite.
    Its possible he thinks he will become part of them some day.

Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    So how many MP's were suspended today? Anyone keeping count?
    1 SNP just got deselected for being anti semetic, last I checked BBC news.

Out of interest im going back over articles and looking for memebers deselected / barred from selection and banned during this election. I'll update as I find stuff and new people get slapped.

MACRO deselected/evicted/barred list election 2019:

Cons:
    Barred - 0
    Deselected pre cut off - 3
    Deselected post cut off - 2
    Evicted - 1

Lab:
    Barred - 4
    Deselected pre cut off - 7
    Deselected post cut off - 1
    Evicted - 0

Snp:
    Barred - 0
    Deselected pre cut off - 0
    Evicted - 0

Libdem:
    Barred - 0
    Deselected pre cut off - 5
    Evicted - 0

Green:
    Barred - 0
    Deselected pre cut off - 0
    Deselected post cut off - 0
    Evicted - 0

Bxp:
    Barred - 0
    Deselected pre cut off - 8
    Deselected post cut off - 0
    Evicted - 0

Let us know if I've missed any. Only counting those from the call of the election so the tory whip loss and labour's big purge arn't counted in.

Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    It is concerning that conservatives and lib dems did so little compared to the other parties. At least the other parties are acknowledging and dealing with the problem. Tories and lib dems are just ignoring the inherent bigotry within their parties.
    Some of the party's like the green and Dems and bxp arn't fielding in every seat due to copperative deals so have less candidates any way.

Not all of these deselectuons are for racist/sexist remarks some are simply for like one lab candidate posting a picture of spraying cilit bang in the face of the SNP candidate. And a lib dem deselectuons was because the candidate was pro life and anouther was because it came out they voted against gay marriage.

But then there's the serious shit sticks like the con guy who got evicted for basicly being an everything ist.

And a Labour turf got her self deselected for being transphobe. (and the bitch had the gaul to Lauch a legal challenge...)

So it is a mixed bag, I also haven't finished trawling the Web, some of these were very hush hush.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm also mostly keeping an eye on the updates of the potential terror attack today on London Bridge. So might be tomorrow or when I get back off holiday Wednesday I update it.

- - - Updated - - -

Update: sadiq Khan confirmed its a terror attack.
    Last edited by Monster Hunter; 2019-11-29 at 04:49 PM.

One thing is certain, it's not looking likely for a Labour majority thank God. The danger is a Comrade Corbyn and Sturgeon alliance.

Oh and sending your childen to independent schools is not uncommon, almost 1 in 10 are educated privately. Why wouldn't you, like Diane Abbot did and many many Labour MP's, if you could?

That's the problem with Labour supporters, jealous types who can't afford a pot noodle always wanting to drag society down to the lowest common denominator. Their problem has always been everyone must have an equal start and education in life. An equally bad one.

News flash life is not fair. We are not all equal and never will be - get over it.
    Mr D - I don’t want to go all internet communist on you. But this is ridiculous.

I agree, completely, that a) life is not fair and b) we are not all equal. However, that doesn’t mean it is wrong to aspire for a good State-funded education for all (if we are taking education as our example).

Basically, your objection is to mixed ability classes? Low attainers dragging high attainers down? Sure. Then say that. Link studies. But this blanket, private education = excellent / state education = mediocre or worse, is just wrong. I am fortunate to live in an area where the local state school my children attend outperforms many private schools in the county. Am I willing to pay an extra £1,000 on my earnings between £80k - £100k to, hypothetically, allow other schools to achieve this standard? Yeah.

Now - if your principal objection had been to Labour’s, at one point, absolutely farcical plans to basically asset strip private schools, I’d agree. Do I object to them having charitable status removed? No, not really.
    Last edited by LeGin Tufnel; 2019-11-29 at 07:16 PM.

politicians debate is going as expected
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/election-2019-50597758

cons getting dicked on by all sides.

labour getting confused when the smaller party's throw them in with the cons.

i did like plaid cymru. labour MP talks about the troys record on the NHS being terrible and plaid just come out of nowhere and mention that labour runs the NHS in wales and its rated the worst in the UK. it was like one of those wwe smack down matches where you think one wrestlers winning then stone cold comes out of no where with a chair fml

7+ Year Old Account
    Mr D - I don’t want to go all internet communist on you. But this is ridiculous.

I agree, completely, that a) life is not fair and b) we are not all equal. However, that doesn’t mean it is wrong to aspire for a good State-funded education for all (if we are taking education as our example).

Basically, your objection is to mixed ability classes? Low attainers dragging high attainers down? Sure. Then say that. Link studies. But this blanket, private education = excellent / state education = mediocre or worse, is just wrong. I am fortunate to live in an area where the local state school my children attend outperforms many private schools in the county. Am I willing to pay an extra £1,000 on my earnings between £80k - £100k to, hypothetically, allow other schools to achieve this standard? Yeah.

Now - if your principal objection had been to Labour’s, at one point, absolutely farcical plans to basically asset strip private schools, I’d agree. Do I object to them having charitable status removed? No, not really.
    The reason my kids don't attend state schools is to escape the left wing indoctrination that would be rammed down their throats and at least be able to recognise it later on when it is still prevalent in university.

And as for state schools doing well, the only place that really happens is at grammar schools of which there are not enough and those that do still exist Labour would abolish. Most state schools are cesspits with 40+ class sizes and snotty little Johnny causing disruption and mayhem so very little teaching even happens.

Other than in real dire emergencies the state does nothing well. From health to education outcomes are better if you avoid anything run by the government and pay privately. Throwing more of my or your money in governments direction will not increase standards in state provision, it just increases the mindless waste. They don't care how they spend your money.

Government should stick to emptying peoples bins and sticking tickets on cars illegally parked. They don't even do that well.

Labour = more state = higher taxes = more of their shit.
    Conservative = less state = lower taxes = less shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    And here's the thing.

How I see you is some one who wants to turn society's eye away from the Labour Party to protect the Labour Party in the hopes it never returns.

We know society can only seem to deal with one big issue at a time, currently its the labour party's issue, I bet by the end of the year we're ripping the cons apart I've islamaphobia as those drums are starting to beat, to me this means we have a small window of opportunity to hammer the labour party so God damnd hard not a single one of them think a bad thing about jew again.

It's not the best way, if all thing were perfect we would root out and expunge all instances of racism across society in one go, but that's not how humans and social media seem to operate we move from section to section and get only the smallest windows to really mobalise the people against a group our party to pu ish them for there bad behaviour and when it turns up we need to drive the message home and say that it's especially not OK to take the slow reaction of deflection the labour party did and in places still does. There is no place for racisist in politics or a place for those who defend them.

When it comes to the cons and there soon to be turn under the spotlight I'll be charging at them and even the Lib Dems. In fact is soc burner bit send me a lost of mp names and what they said I'd be happy to email Jo Cox with an angry letter. It's in the Lib Dems interest to purge now befor the media Spot light anyway

- - - Updated - - -

Then no one who's voting Labour can blame any one voting tory by that logic.

There all filled with racisist, atm its Labour turn under the whip of social inquest and were taking that shot, then we will take the same shit when the cons are under the fire and the Lib Dems and like we took our shit against the SNP over there ex leaders little filthy perversions.
    Your just plain wrong. Anti- Semitism is abhorrent, as are all forms of racism, and to hold the plight of one persecuted minority above that of another minority is racist in itself. If we are to chose one form or racism above another, why chose anti-Semitism above, say, Islamophobia? There are around 10 times more Muslims than Jews living in the UK, so arguably Islamophobia is far more damaging to our society.

If we are to focus on the racists among the political class, we should be focusing equally across the political spectrum. Yes Corbyn and the Labour Party deserve a lambasting for their anti-Semitism, but the same focus should apply to all political parties, especially since this is one of the most important elections this country has seen in a very long time. Boris Johnson is openly Islamophobic and has been happy to state as much in his various newspaper columns. Yet the scrutiny that Boris and his party are under for their Islamophobic party members is fairly minimal when compared to the focus put upon Corbyn and the Labour's anti-Semitism.

This idea that "society can only seem to deal with one big issue at a time" is debateable, but even if that is true why not make that single issue that of racism. To single out a particular political party for the racism amongst its ranks, just reek of opportunist partisanship, given the current political climate, and only serves to further the argument of the conspiracy theorists.

Quote Originally Posted by HugsForFree View Post
    Your just plain wrong. Anti- Semitism is abhorrent, as are all forms of racism, and to hold the plight of one persecuted minority above that of another minority is racist in itself. If we are to chose one form or racism above another, why chose anti-Semitism above, say, Islamophobia? There are around 10 times more Muslims than Jews living in the UK, so arguably Islamophobia is far more damaging to our society.

If we are to focus on the racists among the political class, we should be focusing equally across the political spectrum. Yes Corbyn and the Labour Party deserve a lambasting for their anti-Semitism, but the same focus should apply to all political parties, especially since this is one of the most important elections this country has seen in a very long time. Boris Johnson is openly Islamophobic and has been happy to state as much in his various newspaper columns. Yet the scrutiny that Boris and his party are under for their Islamophobic party members is fairly minimal when compared to the focus put upon Corbyn and the Labour's anti-Semitism.

This idea that "society can only seem to deal with one big issue at a time" is debateable, but even if that is true why not make that single issue that of racism. To single out a particular political party for the racism amongst its ranks, just reek of opportunist partisanship, given the current political climate, and only serves to further the argument of the conspiracy theorists.
    its not about picking one above the other, its about seizing opportunity's when they arise. you should know as well as i that society's judgmental eye is both stern but also fleeting look at how fast it has moved from one thing to next, never lingering long enough in one area to really make a real difference, really send a message. in 6 months this window will be gone, maybe it will be the cons islamaphobia, maybe we will be rooting out turfs next, who knows. but you know as well as i do that those racists that avoid the hammer now will continue on in that party long after the court of public opinion has moved onto its next case, unless we hit them hard, hard enough to send a message now. and if that shakes the other party's to take a firmer stance than all the better.

its not favoritism its understanding you can do all things badly or one at a time well.

The reason my kids don't attend state schools is to escape the left wing indoctrination that would be rammed down their throats and at least be able to recognise it later on when it is still prevalent in university.

And as for state schools doing well, the only place that really happens is at grammar schools of which there are not enough and those that do still exist Labour would abolish. Most state schools are cesspits with 40+ class sizes and snotty little Johnny causing disruption and mayhem so very little teaching even happens.
    The above is a mixture of untruths, exaggerations & hyperbole.

Other than in real dire emergencies the state does nothing well. From health to education outcomes are better if you avoid anything run by the government and pay privately. Throwing more of my or your money in governments direction will not increase standards in state provision, it just increases the mindless waste. They don't care how they spend your money.

Government should stick to emptying peoples bins and sticking tickets on cars illegally parked. They don't even do that well.

Labour = more state = higher taxes = more of their shit.
    Conservative = less state = lower taxes = less shit.
    Nope. Look at the Nordic model. Works perfectly well.

Your views are far right, Mr D. In the same way that views of others here are far left.

There is a third way. Yes, it has its flaws but name me a system that doesn't. And I, for one, embrace it and reject the swing to the right the Tories have undergone. Some of Corbyn's / Labour's views (antipathy to the EU, foreign policy, scrapping Universal Credit with no alternative proposed) I disagree with but if I was in a Tory / Labour marginal, I'd vote Labour. Sadly, I'm not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Nonsense! He said he was a moderate and I totally believe him! Complaining about "left wing indoctrination" is super moderate of him!
    After being in power for the last few decades, new labour and the conservatives though it would be fun to change the eduction system to oppose everything they believe.

Its a prank, bro,