Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Not to mention GGG can do no wrong, charge more than a AAA game for cosmetic? Perfectly A-Ok! Charge 20 bucks for a DLC in Diablo III, literally the devil.

People are freaking out that there will be cosmetic MTX in D4... like really... box sales only go so far.
    People are weird they get confused just because "the game is free" they rationalize spending 500 bucks on cosmetics "because it helps the developers". But because a game had an initial price of 60$ 5 years ago you can never have MTX even if its 400$ less than that f2p game.

Quote Originally Posted by maccajoe View Post
    People are weird they get confused just because "the game is free" they rationalize spending 500 bucks on cosmetics "because it helps the developers". But because a game had an initial price of 60$ 5 years ago you can never have MTX even if its 400$ less than that f2p game.
    yea, I mean, I like both games don't get me wrong. But it gets a bit rediculous for PoE https://www.pathofexile.com/shop/cat...erorArmourPack 42 dollars for armor cosmetics, just armor. 12 dollars for a skill effect, 8 dollars to change your foot prints, it's quite excessively priced, even for f2p.

But it's all ok cause its "free" (it's really not, playing PoE without stash tabs will literally make you go insane).

But the threat of blizzards generally cheap MTX is just too much for people. (shit, they still bitch about the OW mtx and you can get most of that in game)

15+ Year Old Account
    That D4 interview has to be a PR nightmare. God bless any Blizzard PR right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostyfire14 View Post
    That D4 interview has to be a PR nightmare. God bless any Blizzard PR right now.
    It didn't say anything that people didn't already know, it's literally nothing

so they left in 2003
    still talk about blizzard
    we do play blizzard's game since then
    and who are they again?
    such a useless news

Creeping Death should have had some sort of reference to Metallica in the description.

Shame on Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    doesn't make the award less meaningless
    Just kinda further proves the awards were based on hype not the actual content.
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

Quote Originally Posted by Arvandor View Post
    this interview is a big piece of lying bullshit!
    Interview agrees with my personal views: "We should listen to them!"
    Interview disagrees with my personal views: "This interview is a big piece of lying bullshit!"

Come on, people.

Quote Originally Posted by Donald Hellscream View Post
    Taking what people who left the company more than a decade and a half ago says as gospel is pretty silly.

While Blizzard is obviously much bigger these days than it was in 2003, its pretty fucking dumb to assume, that all the people working on the games, don't care about the work that they do.
    They don't care. They got hired on after the original devs got fired/left and now they just throw in their own personal interests and what they feel will make the game better for people like themselves.

They aren't designing a game beloved by many that was going down a path both developers and players agreed with.

They're putting it on a different path for a different kind of player. The fucking retards that gush on Twitter about funko pops and how strong women are.

Seriously. Go check out some of the developers twitter accounts. You're not their target audience anymore. You're an afterthought.

Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    "Oh cool an interview with the original Diablo creators and a big screenshot of the main baddie of Diablo4! I can't wait to read their opinions on Diablo4 and where the franchise is going, and how Diablo3's gory aesthetic is gonna hold up in comparison to the original Diablo and Diablo2 and the less-gory Diablo3 and...

.... oh."
    Pretty much my exact reaction going into it.

Was excited to read more about D4, not this dribble >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Fitsu View Post
    I see a lot of people interview David Brevik about Blizz as he was a lead dev on D2... But why do people hold his opinion is such high regard? I mean since he left Blizz because of "One of the reasons that they left was to be more self-deterministic and not be beholden to some monstrous organization." the two main things hes worked on have been Marvel Heroes and Hellgate: London... Both commercial failures which have had their servers shutdown.

The other two have worked on Torchlight... Which I mean, it was fine but nothing revolutionary. Kinda feels like they just get interviewed because they the things about Blizzard that people want to hear so they can be like "yeh, damn those big companies putting the little guy down. All they care about is themselves!".
    Yeah I don't get it either. I loved D1 and D2 and I wish brevik would just shut up already

Quote Originally Posted by Stardrift View Post
    They don't care. They got hired on after the original devs got fired/left and now they just throw in their own personal interests and what they feel will make the game better for people like themselves.

They aren't designing a game beloved by many that was going down a path both developers and players agreed with.

They're putting it on a different path for a different kind of player. The fucking retards that gush on Twitter about funko pops and how strong women are.

Seriously. Go check out some of the developers twitter accounts. You're not their target audience anymore. You're an afterthought.

They wouldn't work on it if they didn't care, unless you believe they are all masochistic freaks who really loathe themselves and thus work at place where they are fucking miserable.

just because they aren't designing it the way many wants them to, doesn't mean they don't care about the work they put into it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Frostyfire14 View Post
    It's not exactly a revelation that a business change when it goes from comparatively small to enormous.

Change was inevitable as the business grew.

The biggest change is that "profitable" alone doesn't cut it anymore. If a game doesn't generate enough growth for shareholders it's worthless, see Heroes of the Storm.

This is the real poison that won't allow them to cater to the oldschool gamers, outside of fringe projects like WoW - Classic.

They could create a Diablo 4 that pleases most, if not all hardcore Diablo fans and still make a ton of money. But simply not enough to fulfil the expectations of a mega corp.

The interview is nothing new really. And for the "cospiracy theory" part, not really. Some people simply don't get the structure here, but what Blizzard did was not cave in to China, it was their branch there that manages the game by skirting chinese sensibilities punishing everyone involved in anticapatory obedience, because that is what is expected of them. The fascist regime in china essentially forces you to have a branch in china run by chinese and they do that with most companies that want to sell their products there. This hits even small companies but is often still the preferable way. The alternative is pretty much inviting glorified chinese's spies into your company and let them "make sure that everything is up to their *standards*". Blizzard just failed in making this clear in the west, which wouldn't have taken long. Their PR people are just inept tbh.

Edit: Also in regards to DLComic; spot on as always.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2019-11-25 at 10:09 PM.

That's actually pretty bad answers in the majority of that interview, as much as we might want to hear otherwise. Like, these guys are responding from a position where they never were in contact with the Blizzard of today, as they left so early. All of their feedback in that vein is as an outsider like you or me, hence speculation. This is the Blizzard north guys throwing shade while attempting to gain + points on the internet, and nothing more. Worth keeping in mind.

Huh, I didn't realize Samwise was still a part of the company. That's kind of cool at least.

10+ Year Old Account
    God i despise making games for shareholders.

Wait what.
    They left in 2003!?

That's like what, 5+ years before things got really bad isn't it?
    Why are they even interviewing some one who hasn't been in the company for over 15 years.

The company didn't become what it is today until WoW launched, hate it or love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Brevik really tries to be relevant.
    Right? Considering the last thing of relevance he did was at Blizzard.

Its not like anyone is beating down his doors to interview him about Hellgate London or Marvel Heroes.

They don't need to, Brevik is the mastermind behind the loved Diablo games and universe.