Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Play planet zoo very relaxing... until you can't figure out where/why that stupid deer keeps jumping over a fence.

So in short don't play only one game

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Im currently 17 hours in Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth Hackers Memory (Steam release)
    Decided to pick a pokemon-like game for PC...and found the gold
    Good! So you have other means of releasing energy game-wise. Thats good! Im releasing it in Diablo 2 as i said.

Quote Originally Posted by Appelgren View Post
    Good! So you have other means of releasing energy game-wise. Thats good! Im releasing it in Diablo 2 as i said.
    Its even better when you have waifu digimons, ROFL, it doesnt help that im a wannabe artist and like to draw them.
    Hello Ladydevimon <3

Raid logging mostly.

I take kind of mini breaks, just starting to basically raid log while I feel that way. I still log on for raids as even when I feel burnt out I still love raiding far too much.

Usually after awhile I just get the itch to smash back into it. After we finished Azshara I just did that. Last week boosted my pally and have had the itch to just smash stuff on it, even going through all my essences etc. and really enjoying it.

I set only small reachable goals in the game.
    I started limiting myself to 1 main/only class each expansion to make the UPs/DOWNs in balance a bit more exiting.
    If I get bored I stop what ever I did the last days and get involved with other players in pve/pvp/whatever, in the end its a social MMO in the first place and just random grind as second.

Started with my rules after the first few months in vanilla and it worked out for me till now.

-

15+ Year Old Account
    I honestly don't know the answer to this question... One day I'm super enjoying a game and playing every spare minute, then I wake up the next day and the thought of playing it repels me, often for 6 months or more.

I've yet to figure out what my trigger for causing this reaction is, but it's consistent across many game types.

I'll be reading this thread with interest.
    Here is something to believe in!

Quote Originally Posted by The Dark One View Post
    I honestly don't know the answer to this question... One day I'm super enjoying a game and playing every spare minute, then I wake up the next day and the thought of playing it repels me, often for 6 months or more.
    LOL, i suffer from the same symptoms!
    It requires a miracle for a game to "hold me"...nowadays.

It happened recently with Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth...why? I have no idea.
    Probably because i grew up with Pokemon, Shin Megami Tensei and love Persona-like games.
    It was a wombo combo.

15+ Year Old Account
    LOL, i suffer from the same symptoms!
    It requires a miracle for a game to "hold me"...nowadays.
    Lol mate, yeah, it's dead weird.

I do have a workaround though. If I can no longer stomach PC games, I move to Console for a bit, when I can no longer stomach those, I move to mobile, and when I get sick of those, I watch TV/catch up on series for a bit.

By the time I complete that my burn out for PC has usually worn off. And then the cycle repeats.
    Here is something to believe in!

My backlog of unplayed/unfinished games is shockingly high, so if I'm feeling burnt out with WoW there's more than enough games to shift attention to.

I only play for a few hours on the weekends -- when I have time. And sometimes not even that (yesterday I had to do my honey-do list all day).

People who no-life this game (or any games for that matter) are losers, that need to re-evaluate their priorities in life.
    Last edited by ablib; 2019-11-25 at 10:48 PM.

I stop playing the game

Unsubscribe.

Its even better when you have waifu digimons, ROFL, it doesnt help that im a wannabe artist and like to draw them.
    Hello Ladydevimon <3
    i dont even know what to respond to that :P Gratz i guess? :P

I get burnout by my education instead. Then whatever I do in-game, no matter how average, is such a god-sent relief.

Quote Originally Posted by visualdave View Post
    I just play whilst and if I'm having fun. Even in Battle for Azeroth, depsire it being my least played expansion, it was still played by me 3 or 4x times the amount of time I generally spend on a game that I've spent $60 on - so I literally just play until I don't want to play - a very simple but ultimately superior mechanism for WoW surely.
    This, wow has brought me alot of value in comparison to other games. New to LoL so thats fun but ultimately im resubbed as of today so back to the m+ grind

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't really burn out that much. I keep progressing with a plenthora of Alts, Allied Races to level and achievements to do. I also like to make gold so that keeps me interested and my obsession with completing Emissaries keep me busy.

I personally recently started a US Account as well for a fresh experience. I was enjoyable to do something which felt so different having no flying, friends or gold I could rely on for help but I think I'm stepping back from that a little bit as the number of hours in a day in not enough for me to do everything I want, especially grinding essences.

I would say Essences are probably one of the things I like least about the game right now. Grinding them is annoying and pretty boring to do.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

Set goals, like
    “Oh that noob c...from my guild got all of those pet battle achivs im missing, thats bs”

Took me 2 months to get all pet Family Achievements.

Now Imlvling alts using Korraks Revenge awesome exp xd nxt goal is to max out all the professions like I did in WoD

Do you have a "system" to prevent you from burning out mid expansion?

Basically what i do is:
    Push the boundaries of "gameplay customization" for one spec in PvP and casual Mythic+ dungeons.
    When i exhaust every single customization option...is time to change spec and try it all over again.
    When i exhaust a class...is time to try a new class and start all over again.
    Unfortunatelly for me, i only enjoy Monk, Rogue and Demon Hunter...and WoW is not exactly a good game in this department.

Season 1 of BFA was a 9/10 with un-nerfed azerite traits.
    Essenses got me excited and i had tons of fun trying different ones.

Eventually burned out
    take a break, try another game. find a gf/bf or spend more time with your current bf/gf/hubby/wifey.
    take on a new hobby...or get back into an old one. take a trip. there are countless things that different people to recover from burnout.
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.