Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    I thought they might do the level squish early as well, but if you think about it part of the reason they are doing the squish is to make levels more meaningful. It is coupled with the great unpruning and new abilities. It would completely unbalance the game and break everything if they did it before 9.0. I just don't see the squish coming early.
    Maybe, but you can as well use argument that it would be easier to do squish and world re-scalling first (as foundation) in 8.3.5, get rid of bugs between 8.3.5 and pre-patch (it's rather dead period of expac, but it would be far better data than PTR), then implement class changes in 9.0.

AFAIK number of talent rows stay the same, all they have to do is cut required level for each skill in half (right now you get new stuff on levels 1-100, after squish it would be 1-50).

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    That not just the raid boss?

Quote Originally Posted by Zentail View Post
    Yeah, we're recruiting races that aren't currently aligned, or allied, with a faction.
    Already wrong. Dark Irons were a part of the Alliance since Cataclysm.

Thoughts? 2 more races incoming? Or just a coincidence?
    More races will certainly be coming, just not necessarily in 9.0. Satyrs, vampires, and kyrians seem like the obvious choices.

Quote Originally Posted by Love Machine View Post
    Already wrong. Dark Irons were a part of the Alliance since Cataclysm.
    No they weren’t. Hence why we killed a whole bunch of them. Again, you’re quoting lore you don’t understand. Shouldn’t be a surprise, though, considering you want “High Elves.”

No they weren’t. Hence why we killed a whole bunch of them. Again, you’re quoting lore you don’t understand. Shouldn’t be a surprise, though, considering you want “High Elves.”
    We killed a whole bunch of Dark Irons in Cataclysm? What?

7+ Year Old Account

Thoughts? 2 more races incoming? Or just a coincidence?
    Maybe some races from 8.3 content that help us to deal with N'zoth invasion in Uldum and Pandaria?
    Argus in 2018 My prediction failed in part... But I'm still a Spacegoat

-- Ankoan for the Alliance
    It won't include Ankoan, they're very insistent that their race is dying out because there are no more females.

I made a post about this before, I feel like it's going to be a neutral race functioning the same way as Pandaren where you pick your faction; with it being Naga in 8.3.5. Especially with Blizzards new shown details that they don't "need" leg/feet mogs to be shown via Mechagnome. As for mounting they could very easily give Naga the same Illusion magic that Azshara uses to make herself look Highborne, similar to Worgen with Human form.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    It won't include Ankoan, they're very insistent that their race is dying out because there are no more females.
    And that would be a reason to not have them as an Allied Race, why?

Quote Originally Posted by Love Machine View Post
    And that would be a reason to not have them as an Allied Race, why?
    Because they aren't there to have a full blown race. Having a thousands of Ankoan show up wouldn't fit the lore when they have no way to reproduce. Not to mention "no females" means no female race option, which would be an entirely new level of retconning
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

every time I see people want jinyu or any other lame and stupid fish head version of night elf skeleton, I cant help but to think they are horde fans and want to ruin alliance allied race pool!

10+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't seem that hard to get around. Introduce them to the Jinyu of Pandaria, work in whatever female models they want for Jinyu Females, then have that be the way their species is saved. That's pretty much your unlock quest right there in a nutshell.

Quote Originally Posted by AngerFork View Post
    Doesn't seem that hard to get around. Introduce them to the Jinyu of Pandaria, work in whatever female models they want for Jinyu Females, then have that be the way their species is saved. That's pretty much your unlock quest right there in a nutshell.
    Regardless, I'm sure another Night Elf model will go over well with players
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Because they aren't there to have a full blown race. Having a thousands of Ankoan show up wouldn't fit the lore when they have no way to reproduce. Not to mention "no females" means no female race option, which would be an entirely new level of retconning
    That doesn't really answer my question.

Why would that be a reason not to add them as an Allied Race?

How would "no female option for Ankoan" be a retcon?

Tbh, I think it's Jinyu (w/e spelling) and Hozen. I find it logical since we're revisiting MOP in 8.3 (defending Vale + Mogu vaults)

Ugh, fish people. Still better than lazy "lightforged draenei" though.

could be nothing
    but if its something then the odds are good that its related to next expansion somehow

Waveblade Ankoan for Alliance, something else for the Horde. Gilblins would fit the Nazjatar theme, but Vulpera and Mechagnomes are reasonably different so i'm not sure that's needed. Personally I think the horde should get Forsaken Elves. Canonically, there are loads of them.

Also (though this is crazy wishful thinking), I would allow Ankoan to be Druids. And each druid form would be semi-aquatic in nature. Snap Dragon = Cat, Nazjatar Turtle = Bear.

The Dark Irons were already part of the Alliance since the Cataclysm expansion, when the Council of Three Hammers was founded.
    We also had Dark Irons in the Alliance in MoP.
    They were also featured in the Alliance during WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    8.3.5 will almost certainly have another - probably fairly unique modelwise - set of allied races to keep people playing and paying.
    And I deeply hope the Horde doesn't get gilgoblins. They're boring, they're not unique, and we just got the "goblin model" used for Vulpera.
    Considering how pointless the Uldum Accord & Rajani reputations are right now, and that Gilgoblins will probably be part of the 9.0 customization revamp & there's no concept art for female Ankoans, but there are for Mogu, I'm guessing they're planning a Rajani Mogu & new Biped Tol'vir allied races for 8.3.5

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    The Dark Irons were already part of the Alliance since the Cataclysm expansion, when the Council of Three Hammers was founded.
    We also had Dark Irons in the Alliance in MoP.
    They were also featured in the Alliance during WoD.
    They already established any High Elf customization will be part of the Blood Elf customization revamp. Even when they give you what they want its never enough SMH