Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    It is a different iteration of the X-Men...which makes me wonder why you are being so dogmatic about the way they should approach it. You want them to follow the paths laid down in the comics, specifically like the Ultimate Comics...but the situation in the MCU is so much different.
    Nope not at all..... All I dont want them to do is go the route of all mutants existing at the snap. Because 1 i dont think its a good idea and 2 it writes itself into a bad position.
    Pretty simple. As ive said before which you conveniently ignore each time is the MCU never pulls from 1 comics story or iteration it does a mixture of things. More or less everything thats in the MCU has existed somewhere. The MCU pulls alot from the ultimate comics already and if you want something that goes along the lines of the snap (that is mutants NOT being 100000s of years old rather 100s) the ultimate storyline is a good 1 to take from. You can have mutants in some capacity exist before the snap but the snap effects it someway rather than all of them existing from the snap.

Honestly its like you arnt even reading what im typing and just ignoring everything. You call me out for suggesting the ultimate universe yet you use the ultimate universe as an example in another comment. Wut.

Quote Originally Posted by maccajoe View Post
    Nope not at all..... All I dont want them to do is go the route of all mutants existing at the snap. Because 1 i dont think its a good idea and 2 it writes itself into a bad position.
    Pretty simple. As ive said before which you conveniently ignore each time is the MCU never pulls from 1 comics story or iteration it does a mixture of things. More or less everything thats in the MCU has existed somewhere. The MCU pulls alot from the ultimate comics already and if you want something that goes along the lines of the snap (that is mutants NOT being 100000s of years old rather 100s) the ultimate storyline is a good 1 to take from. You can have mutants in some capacity exist before the snap but the snap effects it someway rather than all of them existing from the snap.
    The MCU Pulls a lot from a lot of different sources...and a lot that they just make up on the spot.

The problem with having mutants exist before the snap is that it brings into question how they kept hidden for all these years. You think Nick Fury is just gonna miss a whole school of people with superpowers when he's specifically looking for people with superpowers for the Avengers initiative? What's Magneto been up to all that time?

Honestly its like you arnt even reading what im typing and just ignoring everything. You call me out for suggesting the ultimate universe yet you use the ultimate universe as an example in another comment. Wut.
    I used the ultimate verse in the other comment as a demonstration that they are not beholden to do things in any particular way. For example, how they aren't required to have mutants exist before the snap.

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    The MCU Pulls a lot from a lot of different sources...and a lot that they just make up on the spot.

The problem with having mutants exist before the snap is that it brings into question how they kept hidden for all these years. You think Nick Fury is just gonna miss a whole school of people with superpowers when he's specifically looking for people with superpowers for the Avengers initiative? What's Magneto been up to all that time?

I used the ultimate verse in the other comment as a demonstration that they are not beholden to do things in any particular way. For example, how they aren't required to have mutants exist before the snap.
    Nick Fury discovers Xaviers school: "Hey, a lot of super powered people here... I could really use some of them"
    Xavier, telepathic reprogramming Fury: "Nope, you don't see anything superpowered here. Just a normal boring boarding school"
    After Fury left, some other mutant steps next to Xavier: Do you think it's right to change their memory? Even if it is to protect us?"

So simple, short and easy, they could put it a post credit scene somewhere.

We don't know what Fury knows, what Fury ignores and what chooses to ignore.

Since "Iron Man" to "Infinity Wars" (90% of the MCU) he was aware of the existence of Capitan Marvel and he didn't said shit to anyone. Even when humankind was on the verge of being annihilated by Ultron(I quote Fury:"I don't have anything for you") he didn't said:"Hey guys I have this magical button to invoke a goddess".Don't worry mate we were just seconds away from being extinct.

Why didn't he ever asked for help to the Ancient One...a mystical sorceress able to blend dimensions? Did he knew her? Did Fury knew that on the Chi-Tauri invasion of New York the Ancient One was on the top of a bulding figthing( thing that we ignore from "The Avengers" to "End Game")?

Why didn't he asked the Black Panther to be a founding member of the Avengers?

Heck...Hank Pym was working for the US government even before Fury joined shield? Why didn't he look for Pym and asked "Hey dude, I heard you retired...do you still have some of your magical Pym particles?"

And we could go on and on forevers...because there's an answer to every one of those questions I presented ( no need to tell me, I know) and there can be the same answers to your questions.

Look there's a lof ot things that Fury ignores,a lot of things that Fury choose to ignore and a lot of things that Fury knows but are useless to him but the main thing is understanding that the way the MCU narrative works ( the same as comics) there's zero problems in introducing characters that didn't even touch the main story.

Now I'm gonna ask you one question. The Ghost ( "Ant Man And The Wasp") has been going on for more time than the Avengers as long as we can see in the film. The question is: Did Fury knew the existence of The Ghost?. Not asking if he should have tried to reach her...just:"Did he knew?".

It makes no sense trying to pretend that the story the MCU has shown us is ALL THE STORY and there's nothing more happening at the same time or before the events depicted because as presented before...things happen outside of our peripheral vision whose existence is ignored.

So to ask your question: Xavier is still looking for mutants ( as Magneto is doing). Fury can be aware of ignore ( both works) but Mutants aren't a threat ( or allies) yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Naramag View Post
    Nick Fury discovers Xaviers school: "Hey, a lot of super powered people here... I could really use some of them"
    Xavier, telepathic reprogramming Fury: "Nope, you don't see anything superpowered here. Just a normal boring boarding school"
    After Fury left, some other mutant steps next to Xavier: Do you think it's right to change their memory? Even if it is to protect us?"

I think one of the biggest hurdle is how to show the usual x-men stories (most of which we've already seen*) with the characters people like without changing them massively. Pretending that Magneto was around in 2000 with his usual backstory was still somewhat believable, him being around in 2020.. not so much. Xavier can at least use his body migrating excuse. The question is how will they handle them. After 2 reboots, very much like spiderman, I don't see marvel harping on their origins again, though it remains to be seen of people are receptive to that idea. Marvel also faces a gigantic hurdle with having to recast a couple more roles with people who have been cemented as these characters for years.

*Edit: let me rephrase that, at least the type people have to expect from the franchise.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2019-12-03 at 11:50 AM.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Alot? they just made up? How do you define alot? You are just being hyperbolic to prove a point or just lying. The things that are just made up are small like Heimdell being a black dude mostly everything is an already defined story or character with a twist.

Kept it hidden from who? Keeping it hidden from the audience is irrelievent because Ant man was hidden from the audience, so was Captain Marvel and so was Wakanda......
    I see you seem to be forgetting that mutants themselves were hidden for century's within the comics as well right? Why wouldnt Nicky Fury be in on it? How do you know he wouldn't know?

Oh you mean like how Ant man and Captain Marvel was already around during Iron man 1? But they easily wrote a story as to why they wernt there? As i already said if you went with something similar to an ultimate route you wouldnt need a school of mutants just some mutants already around..... I literally said this already....
    If you actually think a super secret top spy hiding the existence of some mutants is difficult you dont know nick fury.

"I used the ultimate verse in the other comment as a demonstration that they are not beholden to do things in any particular way."
    Oh great theyn mutants can exist before the snap then because its not beholden right? So your happy if mutants exist before the snap or not? You just said they can do it either way right?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    I think one of the biggest hurdle is how to show the usual x-men stories (most of which we've already seen*) with the characters people like without changing them massively. Pretending that Magneto was around in 2000 with his usual backstory was still somewhat believable, him being around in 2020.. not so much. Xavier can at least use his body migrating excuse. The question is how will they handle them. After 2 reboots, very much like spiderman, I don't see marvel harping on their origins again, though it remains to be seen of people are receptive to that idea. Marvel also faces a gigantic hurdle with having to recast a couple more roles with people who have been cemented as these characters for years.

*Edit: let me rephrase that, at least the type people have to expect from the franchise.
    Its pretty simple. Go the route of the ultimate Xmen and mutants. The ultimate mutants were man made and only decades of years old created in a side project similar to the hulk to replicate Captain America and logan was the first subject.

You could easily go this way that way Xavier Magneto and Logan are "old" have been mutants for a while but the snap effected it someway. It also ages them up because it can take place in between CA and now.

Does Xavier change the memory of everyone that sees a news broadcast about a young boy blowing the roof of his school with his eyes?

- - - Updated - - -

Alot? they just made up? How do you define alot? You are just being hyperbolic to prove a point or just lying. The things that are just made up are small like Heimdell being a black dude mostly everything is an already defined story or character with a twist.
    Peter Quill being Ego's Son rather than the son of the Spartax King
    Drax being an alien rather than a resurrected Human designed to kill Thanos
    Skrulls being a relatively peaceful people that were being persecuted by the Kree
    Thanos being obsessed with "balance" rather than being in love with Death
    The Nova Corps having no powers
    Jarvis first by being an AI and second becoming the Vision
    Janet Van Dyne (Pym) being stuck in the Quantum Realm for years and her daughter being the original Wasp
    Steve Rogers deciding to go back in time and live his life with Peggy Carter.
    Peter Quill being abducted and raised by Yondu.

Just a couple things.

Oh great theyn mutants can exist before the snap then because its not beholden right? So your happy if mutants exist before the snap or not? You just said they can do it either way right?
    As I said before, if mutants existed before the snap...they have to explain why they haven't done anything. Why has Magneto stayed dormant the entire time? Why weren't the X-Men helping? Why was no one reporting on kids with powers showing up?

Does Xavier change the memory of everyone that sees a news broadcast about a young boy blowing the roof of his school with his eyes?

- - - Updated - - -

Peter Quill being Ego's Son rather than the son of the Spartax King
    Drax being an alien rather than a resurrected Human designed to kill Thanos
    Skrulls being a relatively peaceful people that were being persecuted by the Kree
    Thanos being obsessed with "balance" rather than being in love with Death
    The Nova Corps having no powers
    Jarvis first by being an AI and second becoming the Vision
    Janet Van Dyne (Pym) being stuck in the Quantum Realm for years and her daughter being the original Wasp
    Steve Rogers deciding to go back in time and live his life with Peggy Carter.
    Peter Quill being abducted and raised by Yondu.

Just a couple things.

As I said before, if mutants existed before the snap...they have to explain why they haven't done anything. Why has Magneto stayed dormant the entire time? Why weren't the X-Men helping? Why was no one reporting on kids with powers showing up?
    So is it just a couple things or is it a lot? Do you want me to list how many things are the same?
    and BTW
    A Nova story is down the pipeline so its obvious members of the corp do have powers.
    Janet is still the first wasp did you not see the movie? lol.

You LITERALLY just said you used the ultimate universe as an example as to demonstrated that they are beholden to anything. So are you beholden to anything or not.
    Im going to copy my responses in again because you are not reading my responses.

"As I said before, if mutants existed before the snap...they have to explain why they haven't done anything. Why has Magneto stayed dormant the entire time? Why weren't the X-Men helping? Why was no one reporting on kids with powers showing up?"

So mean how they explained how ant man and captain marvel already existed? Its simple they just need to come up with and easy idea. Literally like my Ultimate explanation.
    he MCU pulls alot from the ultimate comics already and if you want something that goes along the lines of the snap (that is mutants NOT being 100000s of years old rather 100s) the ultimate storyline is a good 1 to take from. You can have mutants in some capacity exist before the snap but the snap effects it someway rather than all of them existing from the snap.

Primal One has already debunked this reason of "how do they explain that"

I like how you say the MCU isnt beholden to any storyline "they can do anything". Yet you clearly want want a mutant snap yet you are justifying it with "they can do anything"
    Anything also includes a non mutant snap fyi.
    Last edited by maccajoe; 2019-12-03 at 06:35 PM.

Hadn't thought of Xavier as the explanation, that's pretty clever. I mean, he is powerful enough to have been masking mutant existence from the foremost minds of the world. Magneto could have been operating underground all this time, same for Wolverine. Apocalypse would be slumbering anyway. Can't believe I didn't think about that.

Blah blah blah
    I actually don't really care if it's a snap/blip origin. I just want the origin to make sense. If mutants only start to exist with the Blip...it's easy. They don't have to explain how they've all managed to hide for the past 100 years or so. If they come up with another story that explains that in a way that isn't completely contrived...I'll be happy with that as well.

The reasons for Captain Marvel and Antman existing but not being utilized are easy. Antman was retired and Captain Marvel was in a completely different part of the galaxy for the last 20 some years. And it's a lot easier to explain why two people aren't around than it is to explain how no one has noticed that millions of children have been growing wings, shooting force beams from their eyeballs, turning their bodies into ice, etc over the last 100 or so years.

Quote Originally Posted by JDL49 View Post
    They can't use those versions since Netflix owns them. They can't use whatever writing is unique to those versions. They can't use the actors in the same roles. What they can do is totally reboot in a year or two.
    They can in fact use those versions after a certain amount of time, because the rights to those characters reverts to Disney. The plans to introduce Charlie Cox as DD into the MCU is already in the works, and the Punisher either getting another season (maybe on Hulu) or being folded into the MCU is also being negotiated right now. So no, Bernthal and Cox aren't necessarily done yet as the Punisher and Daredevil.

I actually don't really care if it's a snap/blip origin. I just want the origin to make sense. If mutants only start to exist with the Blip...it's easy. They don't have to explain how they've all managed to hide for the past 100 years or so. If they come up with another story that explains that in a way that isn't completely contrived...I'll be happy with that as well.

The reasons for Captain Marvel and Antman existing but not being utilized are easy. Antman was retired and Captain Marvel was in a completely different part of the galaxy for the last 20 some years. And it's a lot easier to explain why two people aren't around than it is to explain how no one has noticed that millions of children have been growing wings, shooting force beams from their eyeballs, turning their bodies into ice, etc over the last 100 or so years.
    Look man you think its easy that if they start of the blip myself and other people dont. It opens up a whole list of problems that dont usually exist with the xmen (in a bad way).
    Having all mutants starting at the snap is akin to having MCU Captain America lead the Avengers without having his own movie, without experiencing WW2. Those years is what made him a leader.

You think its difficult to explain "where have the xmen been". While we say thats not a difficult problem at all. We give you multiple examples of Antman and Captain Marvel and Wakanda and you respond with "well those reasons are easy"
    Exactly they literally just made up those reasons easy peasy. When they decided to make Capatain Marvel they just went "hey send her offworld" easy peasy.......

Ive given you an example of the ultimate universe that could just be as easy as a Antman or Wakanda example.

You keep using this example of
    "And it's a lot easier to explain why two people aren't around than it is to explain how no one has noticed that millions of children have been growing wings, shooting force beams from their eyeballs, turning their bodies into ice, etc over the last 100 or so years."

And ive literally said like 4 times already which you seem to ignore if you went the route of the Ultimate mutants that problem would not exist. You could have mutants before the snap maybe in the hundreds at max prolly less. They have been hiding, captured whatever you decide. There are so few that Mageto and Charles know they exist but its not at a grand scale so they have been searching doing whatever.
    Then the impact of the snap effects mutant kind in some kind of way and all the "children" appear.
    This way is preserves adult mutants exist who have actually learned a thing or two about existing and mutant kind AND you can have teenager mutants post snap. There would not be a school or 10000000000s of mutants running pre snap there would be a select 100, persecuted hiding wateva.
    This is a super easy add in because up until Ultron we didnt even know the Maximoff twins at all who knows how many more super powered people are out there hiding captured or being experimented on(not saying they are mutants). Fury may know or may not know anything. Right now hes tricked basically everyone into thinking hes still on earth when hes not. Something like this is just another page in the book.
    Last edited by maccajoe; 2019-12-04 at 04:14 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JstAGySyngWhtHThnks View Post
    do they know each other in the comics?
    Yes they do.
    I also think that the Black Widow will return but it'll be Natasha's sister filling that role.
    Last edited by Depakote; 2019-12-04 at 04:20 AM.

They should just keep them separated. Shoe horning a ridiculous explanation on them suddenly being on Earth isn't going to work. And there is no way to accomplish it without seriously compromising the characters and their stories.

It's one thing when the MCU slightly alters stories, but keeps the large narrative structures intact for a character, it's another thing entirely to toss out a characters history completely.

Look man you think its easy that if they start of the blip myself and other people dont. It opens up a whole list of problems that dont usually exist with the xmen (in a bad way).
    Having all mutants starting at the snap is akin to having MCU Captain America lead the Avengers without having his own movie, without experiencing WW2. Those years is what made him a leader.

You think its difficult to explain "where have the xmen been". While we say thats not a difficult problem at all. We give you multiple examples of Antman and Captain Marvel and Wakanda and you respond with "well those reasons are easy"
    Exactly they literally just made up those reasons easy peasy. When they decided to make Capatain Marvel they just went "hey send her offworld" easy peasy.......

Ive given you an example of the ultimate universe that could just be as easy as a Antman or Wakanda example.

You keep using this example of
    "And it's a lot easier to explain why two people aren't around than it is to explain how no one has noticed that millions of children have been growing wings, shooting force beams from their eyeballs, turning their bodies into ice, etc over the last 100 or so years."

And ive literally said like 4 times already which you seem to ignore if you went the route of the Ultimate mutants that problem would not exist. You could have mutants before the snap maybe in the hundreds at max prolly less. They have been hiding, captured whatever you decide. There are so few that Magneto and Charles know they exist but its not at a grand scale so they have been searching doing whatever.
    Then the impact of the snap effects mutant kind in some kind of way and all the "children" appear.
    This way is preserves adult mutants exist who have actually learned a thing or two about existing and mutant kind AND you can have teenager mutants post snap. There would not be a school or 10000000000s of mutants running pre snap there would be a select 100, persecuted hiding wateva.
    This is a super easy add in because up until Ultron we didnt even know the Maximoff twins at all who knows how many more super powered people are out there hiding captured or being experimented on(not saying they are mutants). Fury may know or may not know anything. Right now hes tricked basically everyone into thinking hes still on earth when hes not. Something like this is just another page in the book.
    All right, it still seems to me that you're planning on the Blip being the big thing that makes mutants a real thing in the MCU (aside from the 100 or so that you would have exist prior). The Blip doesn't cause the X-Gene to appear...but it does increase the rate it shows up. I can get behidn that as long as it is a very small number of mutants that exist prior. Doesn't seem we're really that far apart on this. It's still a bit trickier to explain than Captain Marvel, Antman, Wakanda, or even the Inhumans though. The Inhumans and Wakanda got away with it because they kept their civilizations hidden...and the minute Inhumans started popping up in the rest of the world SHIELD was all over that. Mutants are going to pop up everywhere. Maybe Xavier and Magneto were able to scoop them up before SHIELD could mobilize though...especially if the two of them are working together at that point. So yeah, ok...IF they can do that without making it shitty...I'll get behind it.

I can also see, if the Blip does change it so mutations become more common, that would be the point where Xavier and Lehnsherr start coming to disagreements. Before, survival was dependent on mutants being unknown. But with mutation becoming more and more common....hiding will become impossible. Xavier wants to co-exist. Lehnsherr thinks all out war is inevitable and wants to strike first.

Regarding the Maximoffs though...we knew about them at the end of Winter Soldier. We know they got their powers through Hydras experimentation with Loki's sceptre.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    they are setting up the Multi-verse so maybe Mutants can cross over from another universe into ours?

All right, it still seems to me that you're planning on the Blip being the big thing that makes mutants a real thing in the MCU (aside from the 100 or so that you would have exist prior). The Blip doesn't cause the X-Gene to appear...but it does increase the rate it shows up. I can get behidn that as long as it is a very small number of mutants that exist prior. Doesn't seem we're really that far apart on this. It's still a bit trickier to explain than Captain Marvel, Antman, Wakanda, or even the Inhumans though. The Inhumans and Wakanda got away with it because they kept their civilizations hidden...and the minute Inhumans started popping up in the rest of the world SHIELD was all over that. Mutants are going to pop up everywhere. Maybe Xavier and Magneto were able to scoop them up before SHIELD could mobilize though...especially if the two of them are working together at that point. So yeah, ok...IF they can do that without making it shitty...I'll get behind it.

I can also see, if the Blip does change it so mutations become more common, that would be the point where Xavier and Lehnsherr start coming to disagreements. Before, survival was dependent on mutants being unknown. But with mutation becoming more and more common....hiding will become impossible. Xavier wants to co-exist. Lehnsherr thinks all out war is inevitable and wants to strike first.

Regarding the Maximoffs though...we knew about them at the end of Winter Soldier. We know they got their powers through Hydras experimentation with Loki's sceptre.
    Lol im only
    "it still seems to me that you're planning on the Blip being the big thing that makes mutants a real thing in the MCU " Because im trying to find a medium between people who want snap only. I personally dont want that but im trying to suggest a way where you can snap and eat it too trying to find alternatives rather than just saying NO SNAP WATSOEVER.

Also sure shield was all over the inhuman situation but you only saw that if you watched the show.... Dsnt mean we should have seen them already in the movies or anything...In fact we havent. For it to exist does not mean we need to have already seen a tease of it. What we see of shield in the movies is vry tiny in comparison of what went on there day to day.
    The movies mostly deal with things that are A tier the lower tiers are above movies pay grade so a couple of dozen of mutants hiding in the world is not much. Its not like in Avengers 2 they needed "btw mutants exist or something"

What i mean btw with the Maximoffs is that we didnt know anything about them until we did which was the mid credits scene. There was no explanation or anything prior to that appearance. They introduced them simply in a mid credits scene. Something they can easily do with mutants.

Lol im only
    "it still seems to me that you're planning on the Blip being the big thing that makes mutants a real thing in the MCU " Because im trying to find a medium between people who want snap only. I personally dont want that but im trying to suggest a way where you can snap and eat it too trying to find alternatives rather than just saying NO SNAP WATSOEVER.

Also sure shield was all over the inhuman situation but you only saw that if you watched the show.... Dsnt mean we should have seen them already in the movies or anything...In fact we havent. For it to exist does not mean we need to have already seen a tease of it. What we see of shield in the movies is vry tiny in comparison of what went on there day to day.
    The movies mostly deal with things that are A tier the lower tiers are above movies pay grade so a couple of dozen of mutants hiding in the world is not much. Its not like in Avengers 2 they needed "btw mutants exist or something"

What i mean btw with the Maximoffs is that we didnt know anything about them until we did which was the mid credits scene. There was no explanation or anything prior to that appearance. They introduced them simply in a mid credits scene. Something they can easily do with mutants.
    I bring up SHIELD with the Inhumans not as a "we should have seen it by now" and more as an example of how quickly SHIELD can jump onto a situation. And that wasn't even SHIELD at full strength. I'm just thinking that a Pre-Winter Soldier SHIELD with Nick Fury looking hungrily around the world for people with powers...would be all over it when they hear, for example, about a boy that blasted the roof of his school off with his eyes. Shit like that is hard to cover up completely.

I bring up SHIELD with the Inhumans not as a "we should have seen it by now" and more as an example of how quickly SHIELD can jump onto a situation. And that wasn't even SHIELD at full strength. I'm just thinking that a Pre-Winter Soldier SHIELD with Nick Fury looking hungrily around the world for people with powers...would be all over it when they hear, for example, about a boy that blasted the roof of his school off with his eyes. Shit like that is hard to cover up completely.
    SHIELD can 100% already know about Mutants dsnt mean we as the audience should know. In universe SHIELD has hidden so many things its not even a big deal. SHIELD has hidden multiple alien races many super heroes, inhumans all kinds of stuff. Blade is back in the MCU that means vampires are canon now. Does SHIELD know about them? Well regardless BLADE is back now that means this whole time technically vampires have existed.
    Im sure right now fury is off organizing SWORD but the audience really dsnt know anything.

My point is hiding a handfull of mutants should be OK.

10+ Year Old Account
    I could see them being introduced in The Eternals.