Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
7
8
9
  1. #161
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefhammer View Post
    Spoken like someone who does not know what he us talking about. Almost 90% of ActivisionBlizzard stock is owned by institutional investors. Which basically means the company's shares are owned by mutual funds. They dont get involved in shit and the other 10% or so don't have a say due to how small they are. So go on and tell us how they are are appealing to investors.
    He's right, the Blizzhate rhetoric is a really good study on how trivially easy it is for a vocal minority to impact a company's imagine on social media.

    https://www.nasdaq.com/market-activi...ional-holdings link btw. Blizzbads BTFO

  2. #162
    Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    https://classic.wowhead.com/news=297...by-john-staats

    From the book:





    Can there be any doubt left that the Blizzard we knew and loved, the one that once gave us quality games, for gamers by gamers, is well and truly dead? Its very soul consumed by Activision?
    Time to move on with your life I suppose and find a new cause to rally behind

  3. #163
    Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    People just don't acknowledge that Blizzard isn't run by the same people that were there in the 90s. Most of those people are gone.
    People just don't acknowledge that it's not the 90s anymore.

  4. #164
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    SO, because you had issuews with one ghame, that guy is a fanboi and your opinion is fact? That is no way computes.

    - - - Updated - - -

    This is completely ridiculous What is really being said here is:

    Blizzard makes a game that caters to me = they make good products and have passion

    Blizzard makes a game that doesn't cater to me = they are soulless drones that only care about money

    The game devs they have now have just as much passion and try just as hard to put out good products that everyone will enjoy. You and many others need to realize you are not the only ones playing the game and that it is impossible to please everyone and they are in no way corporate drones that only want to make money simply because they don't cater to you. People need to stop with this myth.
    the guy refuses to admit any fault with blizzard games. that's the issue. whether i like a game or not is irrelevant to this discussion. d3 was not an unbuggy, polished game on release like the guy says. that means either he is being dishonest or is a blind fanboy. if there are more options, i'm open to hearing them but you can't say blizzards absolute worst game of the decade was amazing and expect people to buy it and anything else you say.

    edit: if d3 wasn't buggy or unpolished there wouldn't have been such popular songs like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqXO...erenceJayMusic about how buggy the game was. this is a matter of context to what was said, not my opinion on the game when it was released.
    Last edited by aceperson; 2019-12-04 at 06:59 PM.

  5. #165
    The Lightbringer Bosen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    3,426
    Yes,the company as founded is gone.

  6. #166
    Quote Originally Posted by aceperson View Post
    the guy refuses to admit any fault with blizzard games. that's the issue. whether i like a game or not is irrelevant to this discussion. d3 was not an unbuggy, polished game on release like the guy says. that means either he is being dishonest or is a blind fanboy. if there are more options, i'm open to hearing them but you can't say blizzards absolute worst game of the decade was amazing and expect people to buy it and anything else you say.

    edit: if d3 wasn't buggy or unpolished there wouldn't have been such popular songs like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqXO...erenceJayMusic about how buggy the game was. this is a matter of context to what was said, not my opinion on the game when it was released.
    It's nto about admitting fault. ANd whether you like the game or not is at the core of the entire discussion. The game doesn't cater to you, so you declare that the deves don't have passion and are only about the money. And now this post amounts to nothing more than " My opinion is fact and anyone who disagrees is being dishonest or a blind fanboi". You are getting to ridiculous levels with the projection of your opinions.

  7. #167
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    It's nto about admitting fault. ANd whether you like the game or not is at the core of the entire discussion. The game doesn't cater to you, so you declare that the deves don't have passion and are only about the money. And now this post amounts to nothing more than " My opinion is fact and anyone who disagrees is being dishonest or a blind fanboi". You are getting to ridiculous levels with the projection of your opinions.
    just because i don't like a game doesn't mean it isn't buggy. me not liking the game doesn't mean that error 37 wasn't exploding in everyones faces. i couldn't even play d3 at launch because my computer wasn't good enough and i didn't get one strong enough until after i had graduated high school. the only reason i had the base game was because i was a sucker high schooler at the time that signed up for the mop beta pass that required me to stay subbed for a year.

    and no, i did not say anywhere that the devs had no passion for the game. i said the game was buggy and unpolished. i still have a passion for wow even though blizz has been an extremely greedy business that i refuse to do business with right now. heck, for as much fault as digital homicide had for being massive idiots, they were still passionate about the products they made. those products were just asset flips meant to make them money by getting bots to play the games so they could sell the steam trading cards for money but they were still passionate about it.

    you need to separate fact from feeling. something i'm doing but you very clearly aren't. i can admit a game is bad even when i love the company. i can admit a game was good when i hate the company (take jedi fallen order, i absolutely loath EA but for once they didn't force scummy money grubbing tactics and the game wasn't great but it was good). i'm taking things into consideration beyond how i feel about the publisher/makers of the game. something you and the person who did this interview clearly can't.

    now unless you bother to bring up an actual point rather than just saying "no, you" again, i'm done with this as i hate wasting my time talking to walls.

  8. #168
    Quote Originally Posted by aceperson View Post
    just because i don't like a game doesn't mean it isn't buggy. me not liking the game doesn't mean that error 37 wasn't exploding in everyones faces. i couldn't even play d3 at launch because my computer wasn't good enough and i didn't get one strong enough until after i had graduated high school. the only reason i had the base game was because i was a sucker high schooler at the time that signed up for the mop beta pass that required me to stay subbed for a year.

    and no, i did not say anywhere that the devs had no passion for the game. i said the game was buggy and unpolished. i still have a passion for wow even though blizz has been an extremely greedy business that i refuse to do business with right now. heck, for as much fault as digital homicide had for being massive idiots, they were still passionate about the products they made. those products were just asset flips meant to make them money by getting bots to play the games so they could sell the steam trading cards for money but they were still passionate about it.
    Such BS. But you have four false narrative to run I guess. YOu not liking the game does not = they are greedy.

    [qupte]you need to separate fact from feeling. something i'm doing but you very clearly aren't. i can admit a game is bad even when i love the company. i can admit a game was good when i hate the company (take jedi fallen order, i absolutely loath EA but for once they didn't force scummy money grubbing tactics and the game wasn't great but it was good). i'm taking things into consideration beyond how i feel about the publisher/makers of the game. something you and the person who did this interview clearly can't. [/quote]Again BS. Everything you say is based on how you feel. I am the one seperating fact from feeling because I haven't once mentioned how I even feel about the game.

    now unless you bother to bring up an actual point rather than just saying "no, you" again, i'm done with this as i hate wasting my time talking to walls.
    I have brought up points. You ignore them and discount them because they don't fit your narrative. You have already declared your opinions fact and do not want to hear anything that disagrees with you. You made that clear with your "I'm right and anyone who disagrees with me is a blind fanboy" post. The one talking to a wall here isn't you.

  9. #169
    The Insane FelPlague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    19,557
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Very true. Talented and creative game designers working out of a basement want to make it big and sell their IP for millions of dollars as much as anyone that gets into any business.
    Yeah toby fox amazing indie dev made a good few hacks and then bopom undertale and deltarune doing something even AAA devs couldnt d- oh...
    he just sold out, making music for a game that ends up shitty.
    hey sans as a... costume... for smash... but hey kickass song!
    and hey song for... pokemon sword and shield!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Azerite is absolutely RNG you are right. You have no idea what traits will be on that piece you got from a random source until you roll it. I've literally had a Warfront piece that had the "opposite faction" passive and no passive/proc for my spec but it did for the other 2.

  10. #170
    Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    Can there be any doubt left that the Blizzard we knew and loved, the one that once gave us quality games, for gamers by gamers, is well and truly dead? Its very soul consumed by Activision?
    No. It's been that way for almost a decade though.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •