Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NtflxnChill View Post
    Yeh i'm sure the "rushed" content has nothing to do with this

Turns out, classic was a mistake after all
    its not like people were not told about it.

they still did fine with 2 months being good and then starting to loose people en masse

this happens when you listen to streamers who found easy $$$$$ in classic

I don't believe in this conspiracy theory. I'm on a very active realm, with dozens of raid groups clearing Ony and MC every week. Come January many guilds will be ready to step into BWL day 1.

Also, world pvp is the same ugliness that people had forgotten about back in Vanilla -- griefing and unbalanced realms. Its exacerbated by bigger server populations nowadays too. Battlegrounds were hailed as a savior back in the day as it gave serious pvpers an area to focus, and that will be the case this time around as well.

As for Dire Maul... yes it has some great gear that eclipses some molten core drops. Its also at a distant location for alliance, and fills in lots of gear gaps pre-raid that existed for many classes otherwise.

I think Blizzard cares greatly about the success of Classic, and that's why they're tuning the release of content. While i was slightly hesitant at first, all the moves they've made IMHO have been for the good of the community and well thought out.

As for Shadowlands... my expectations are that the people who want to play retail will play retail, and the people who prefer classic will play classic. I'm done with retail forever and ever (amen), but i don't begrudge people who prefer the newer content.

My prediction is that despite Shadowloands having the marketing campaign and hype around it, but i'm expecting low sales volume relative to previous expansions. A disappointing WoW expansion though means 1-2m sales and hundreds of thousands of active players so if they're enjoying it good for them!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    its not like people were not told about it.

they still did fine with 2 months being good and then starting to loose people en masse

this happens when you listen to streamers who found easy $$$$$ in classic
    Using the WoW forums as a litmus test of game health is the pathway to madness. MMO champion too is a bubble culture too, the last bastion of retail fanboys on the internet pretty much.

census mods are pretty outdated given the sharding / battlegroups / phasing of retail infrastructure nowadays, but the wow classic ones point to the majority of realms having healthy playerbases 4 months in. i anticipate a big spike with battlegrounds being launched and the christmas break too.

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    the problem is that there are 2 types of players in classic:

- ppl that solely play classic (because of various reasons). lets give this a number. lets say 1.
    - ppl that play retail and classic at the same time. lets give this a number. lets say 2.

and each of both of these types are structured again in 2 categories:

- ppl that invest much time. lets give this a char. lets say A.
    - ppl that invest not that much time. lets give this a char. lets say B.

this leads to the following problems:

- 1A players are quickly out of content in classic and get bored. what should blizz do to respect their 12 dollars ?
    - 2A players have problems when both games release stuff at the same time and get in descission trouble.
    - 2B players loose the track and the masses are far away too soon in classic if too rushed.

i am a type 2B player. i love classic, but i also do not stop playing retail. the fact that classic is somewhat rushed kills classic for me. because i have sparse time to invest, and while keeping up2date in retail, in classic i lost connection. thats very sad. i hoped classic could be a filler for me and good addition to retail. but in the end it just forces you to decide between the two, when you are not a student, 16 or unemployed. thats somewhat stupid. on the other side i can understand that ppl that solely pay 12 dollars a month for classic and dont play retail, not wanna be bored most of the time.

in my oppinion it was a mistake to not release a completely fixed release shedule, in the first place, that orientates on the original patch release cycles. the most important thing here would have been that ppl knew before started playing wow classic (mostly type 1A), how long they are bored and for what they pay.

but blizzard is marketing and greed driven and ofc wanna keep control to decide when to release what stuff in both games, to fit for making most profit. also they need to be able to decide that strategically at any time in the future to push quarter numbers, plan accordingly or fill up holes. a fixed time shedule for classic do not allow this and in the end costs blizz some dollars.

sad for me, because that more or less killed classic for me.
    And IMO it was silly to not just launch the game with all content unlocked from the start. Naxx on release was what I wanted. But I dont think either of us are the majority

Well players are burning through the content so quickly and then complaining about lack of things to do besides raid more and PvP. BWL will be on farm by the 1st week with how geared everyone is already.

Quote Originally Posted by ydraw View Post
    Only classic fanbois believe this bullshit about playing a "nerfed version" of the game. Absolute horse shit.
    Sorry, but first: i'm by far NOT a classic fanboi. I always said that classic was easy. I just said that it was harder, and yes it was. i played since the release, and playing it was FRICKING HARDER than 1.12. Some specs even had a complete rework for example. You said it was horseshit, but here you are talking exactly this. Just one small example: Blessing of Kings was in 1.2 a RETRIBUTION 31 TALENT. Just this alone makes you either take in a ret-paladin, OR not having blessing of Kings. And this is acually quite important.

Warlock at 1.2 was nearly unplayable, Warlock itself hat MANY balancing-changes and overworks. Balance-Druid had gain a complete new talent tree (moonkin form did not exist till the overwork); others too.

Scaling as it exist now was also not really a part of 1.2. Many gear in MC was even more crap than it is now and so on. Sorry, but saying that everything was always this easy is really horsehit. Because 1.2 was even more of an mess of many classes than 1.12 was. And it's is by definitiion far harder.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    I see them trying to run the trilogy again, and honestly, for the majority of classic players (ultra casual) I think each iteration would be an improvement for them.

Even the hardcore would have more to do, which would be a plus, and SOME of the content would still prove somewhat challenging. However I think the rough edges, particularly in TBC, would surprise some - balancing was drastically improved, but there was still extreme cases of class stacking for certain content.
    They're going to do it because it simply costs next to no money to produce. Why not, when a small portion of your peeps line up obediently to pay for a 15 year old game + same subscription fees with nothing changed whatsoever?

Quote Originally Posted by Shaetha View Post
    Classic has nothing to attract new players after release and thus having no new players needing to gear. It's a fact of life that most people aren't willing to spend their time when they have nothing to gain. The amount of people that want to donate their time is the same. You've got pretty much what you're going to get. Especially with Dire Maul released. The rush is over.

You replied to a comment saying people only log on for raid. You were telling people they were playing the wrong game if they don't wish to donate their time. I was more or less telling you that this game isn't what you think it is if that's your opinion.
    There was a lot more activity during the rush, I just want people to go back to that.

I mean we can just run the dungeons for the gold drop.. instead of being offline.

Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    There was a lot more activity during the rush, I just want people to go back to that.

I mean we can just run the dungeons for the gold drop.. instead of being offline.
    You can't go back to that, simple as that. Because that activity is just time wasted. I'm currently sitting with 2k gold, an epic mount and only need 1 item from an instance. I don't have any motivation to run scholo, strat, ubrs and dm anymore after running them a few times for the fun and for the gear.

And they aren't rushing anything. Many have been farming MC and Ony for over 2 months now, BWL won't be released for another 2. Honor and bg's are absolutely needed to give people a reason to login beyond raidlogging, because if they stale too much and people start to drop, there is a very big chance they are not returning.

Pretty sure Classic is being rushed so that Classic doesn't die lol

The Unstoppable Force FelPlague's Avatar
    *classic is being rushed*
    Meanwhile in the real world.
    *Every person has been clearing MC and onyxia in an hour to 2 every week and then logging off because there is nothing else to do.*
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Azerite is absolutely RNG you are right. You have no idea what traits will be on that piece you got from a random source until you roll it. I've literally had a Warfront piece that had the "opposite faction" passive and no passive/proc for my spec but it did for the other 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    Its being "rushed" because people are bored with nothing to do.
    any truers in chat

Not a single WoW expansion has been dead on arrival, ever. The questing is never disappointing, it's after you reach max level that you begin to realize you've been sold snake oil. Also a company with billions of networth will never release products that conflict one another.

The Unstoppable Force FelPlague's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampyrr View Post
    And IMO it was silly to not just launch the game with all content unlocked from the start. Naxx on release was what I wanted. But I dont think either of us are the majority
    if the game launched with everything, that would be the furthest thing from vanilla ever.
    it would not be fun
    it would not be good for the community.
    and it would cause classic to die off in no time.
    cause quickly every single raid but nax would become not played, cause it would be a waste of time, the later patches added gearing systems that allowed you to skip the earlier raids.
    it would encourage people to waste away their lives rushing to get server first this boss, that boss, those bosses, and the black scarab
    it would be a horrible bloody mess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Azerite is absolutely RNG you are right. You have no idea what traits will be on that piece you got from a random source until you roll it. I've literally had a Warfront piece that had the "opposite faction" passive and no passive/proc for my spec but it did for the other 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Lollis View Post
    Fucking lol.

Yeah, definitely people would skip the biggest biennial event in PC gaming to play Zul'Gurub.
    The servers will be packed on release for Shadowlands, just like it has been with every single expansion.
    Yup, pretty much this^^. No way Shadowlands hits the ground DOA.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    Its being "rushed" because people are bored with nothing to do.
    This.

It's impressive how far up their own asses some people are. The reason is obvious. People consume content faster now than they did when Classic was released, and it's not like they need development time.

But no, let's spew idiotic conspiracy theories instead of the blatantly obvious reasons why content would release earlier in Classic than it did for the original release.
    If you reply to me with a full essay I'm probably not going to bother reading it, sorry.

This post makes a lot of ridiculous assumptions. You can rest assured that even upon launch of classic there were still much more active retail players.

They release content based on player activity most likely... a few weeks ago even the main wow classic streamers were stating that there was nothing to do in game.

... which is incidentally also how I remember WoW vanilla.

How delusional must you be to think a rehashed game with NOTHING NEW would beat out NEW content? If they followed the original Vanilla timeline there would be literally nothing to do for classic players as they've been rushing through content 3x as fast as it took in Vanilla, they have to rush it or they will lose the player base.

Quote Originally Posted by Enabrann View Post
    This post is blowing up on the Wow Classic Forums and I wanted to share with you a real concern Classic players have with Blizzard.

They might be rushing and hence ruining Classic wow because they don't want it interfering with their sales of Shadowlands.

So does that mean Classic is going to get pushed off the side of the road whenever it benefits Retail?

Wow Classic Forum post is below:

Remove the [space] in the link, as MMO champion prohibits posting urls.

https:[space]//us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/classic-is-being-rushed-so-it-doesnt-make-shadowlands-dead-on-arrival/377248
    I wouldn't really be surprised if that is true, given to the levels of scummery that ActivisionBlizzard has fallen down to. They wouldn't care about what is best for the game and how the people playing it are enjoying Classic, they would just care about profits.

Quote Originally Posted by ssjgohan4life View Post
    How delusional must you be to think a rehashed game with NOTHING NEW would beat out NEW content? If they followed the original Vanilla timeline there would be literally nothing to do for classic players as they've been rushing through content 3x as fast as it took in Vanilla, they have to rush it or they will lose the player base.
    classic is the easy way to fill in years that have nothing new for retail wow. so im guessing tbc in 2021 is probably not that far off. im sure we will find out next blizzcon.

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    How about classic gets some content released a little faster like dm, honor and bg's because there's literally nothing to do but raidlog 3-4 hours a week.
    Then the issue is you, not the game. Try to conquer Gurubashi arena, Form a small group and pvp in front of stormwind/orgrimar, try some cool theorycrafting (enh shaman with sulfuras, ele with nature power stacking, farm engineering pvp device, try full fire spell damage with a lock, group of 3 rogues ambushing at same time, stealth dungeon runs...) Many things to do, find the right people too.