Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Arrow Bailed on dead Medium realm

Not gonna name names, but my realm died. Things happened. It went from High to Medium population...

But my new PVP realm is really high pop! Makes a big difference in:
    - AH inventory
    - Groups
    - Elite questing
    - PVP

Recommended if yours died as well. Benediction is a good one. Only drawback is starting over, but easy if you join a guild.

I dunno if medium population equates to dead realm.
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

we doing advertisements for realms now? :P

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Multitorix Davlen View Post
    Just because the server list says "medium" it doesn't mean the server is alive and healthy.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    what if I don't want to PVP?
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Just because the server list says "medium" it doesn't mean the server is alive and healthy.
    This exactly!! Even in bfa my kelthuzad realm was high pop at launch and stayed high pop even during the drought now. The high, medium, low thing isnt accurate enough

Right back at you. Just because it says medium, doesn't mean the server is dead.
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

Yes because that means it is dead.
    I like how you always show up in Classic threads and talk shit about it. It is not needed dude.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    Yes because it of course means it is dead.
    I like how you always show up in Classic threads and talk shit about it. It is not needed dude.
    I just pop in and out if I see an interesting thread in the recent forum posts. There is absolutely nothing to talk about considering retail wow.

My statement about the realm population doesn't only apply to classic, but retail as well.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

If Medium is dead, then what is Low?

Quote Originally Posted by chrisnumbers View Post
    If Medium is dead, then what is Low?
    In Shadlowlands.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    In Shadlowlands.
    Omg best post of the day

Quote Originally Posted by Multitorix Davlen View Post
    Depends on whatever metrics Blizzard uses to define "Medium" this go-around, as you damn well know it's not using retail-metrics.

Going to a realm like whitemane IF has hundreds of people in it, go to a medium pop and it's literally like 10. Medium es no bueno

10+ Year Old Account
    People forgetting the population labels are based off of the average for the last 14 days or something
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Remember, the same population rules apply to Retail as Classic. Over the course of a week, a server basically got to a point of having enough people online to be considered Full/High/Medium/Low. For example, if no one logs on at all, literally 0 players 6 days a week, but that 7th day the server gets a queue time, then the server will advertise as "Full". It's a piss-poor representation of server populations and is why some Medium pop servers seemingly have more players than High populations, but Blizzard needs to make the lower pop servers seem more alive than they really are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    I still recommend Herod just because - if you’re looking for a server that will last long into the future you’ll have to sacrifice a little queue time now to survive the game when it dies off in a few years completely

I'm a little concerned about my server, as it's PvE and has one of the lowest 10 populations on ironforge pop or whatever that server is.

But on the other hand, I think it'll get new life when people realize that farming for Naxx is 100x easier on a server like that.
    Raid bosses will always be very similar so long as encounter design requires DPS to always be pumping 100%.

15+ Year Old Account
    PvE already getting a big influx, and when a server like Kronos could easily survive in the past with multiple raiding teams for Naxx, the current PvE realms surely will too. On Mograine I had a dead leveling zone a week ago, but on Pyrewood all mobs are basically 24/7 dead and camped as more and more people cba to world ganking going on and realise in the future this will stay that way on the full realms.

In the end I think 3-4 might really die, but any 'medium' realm, months after release already means it'll be healthy until naxx easily for raiders. The low amount of PvE realms actually ensures they'll be fine in the future for sure and the crossrealm Bgs means PvP will also be healthy.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I'm not going to reroll just to do everything over again that I already did. I'll just keep raiding with my guild until that dies. The server itself is already dead.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest