Is there something more accurate than RaiderIO?

It seems that sometimes I invite the best dps in the world, that kick/stun/cc and avoid damage, while dealing a metric ton of damage in return.

Sometimes I get 2 horrors.

Never had a problem with tanks so far.

Now that I have 16+ key, I want to know how I should go about choosing my dps and what warning signs to look for.

For instance, in RBGs (PvP), we can identify paid carries by successive achievement dates and general activity. What do you guys look for in PvE?

Generally, just make friends from previous runs. People that not only know what to do but are also nice and friendly and you can chat coordinate in Discord while having a good time.

As opposed to picking players via a system that only lists players as if they are "things" that have less or more value based on a number.

10+ Year Old Account
    Knowing people is way better than choosing randoms. Just start adding people to your friends list, or finding a guild/Community that does the content and join them

You can try checking if they bought boosts by when they got their achievements, but they might've gotten those spread out, or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Shalaator View Post
    It seems that sometimes I invite the best dps in the world, that kick/stun/cc and avoid damage, while dealing a metric ton of damage in return.

Sometimes I get 2 horrors.

Never had a problem with tanks so far.

Now that I have 16+ key, I want to know how I should go about choosing my dps and what warning signs to look for.

For instance, in RBGs (PvP), we can identify paid carries by successive achievement dates and general activity. What do you guys look for in PvE?
    Yes. It's called actually playing with the person and see how he/she does, then try to play with them again if they're good and want to.
    Since everyone can just buy carries, whatever score does not mean crap.
    I started making my own groups without caring about any score, just decent ilvl according to the key - have not failed a single timer.
    Last edited by kranur; 2019-12-03 at 07:50 AM.

You can check how many 10+ or 15+ runs they have done, the more, the better (20+ runs i recommend).
    Also, look up their profile on raider.io site and see during which weeks they have their highest keys done and if in time.
    A lot of them have theirs during Fortified/Volcanic/Bursting or Fortified/Bolstering/Skittish, being arguably the easiest affixes.
    The thing is, if you're being too picky, it might take a while to form the group, and the people you have already invited might leave. And sometimes you have to compromise.
    This is a process anyway, you need some trial and error to get better at this (and in M+ also). It's not entirely pleasant, but when you get results, it's kinda worth it

There isn't really a quick and easy way but like others have said you could look at how many high keys they have timed, you can also look at the keys on the scoreboard and see what people they have done those keys with, a red flag would be if many keys are the same people and those people are much higher r.io because then it might have been boosts.

The only way to play with good people is to regularly push keys (not just on push weeks) and add people to friends list. Also, you are better off just playing a lot, giving people a chance, and completing a lot of dungeons. Rather than sitting 3 hours in queue every time till you find a perfect group. The "perfect" groups are nearly never worth the time, and attract frail people who with unhealthy habits.

IE the secret to enjoying wow is not pugging

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    you listen here OP, just bc last week was easy doesn't mean I got TOTALLY carried

https://raider.io/characters/us/illidan/dacoolest

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...est/pve/mythic

But as a healer btw... I can tell you this: I've seen people with 2200 IO get outperformed MASSSSSIVELY by people with a little 1000 IO.. so yeah, HEADS UP

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I do tend to judge on RIO/ilevel when joining a group - I very rarely make them myself as it's too much hassle/stress. Thing is, RIO isn't the be-all and end-all. In my case, I stopped playing in January and came back 2-3 weeks ago. As a result, I'm only 430 ilvl and struggle to get into +10's as a healer. I just managed to get my score above 1000 this week (all pugs, no guild groups due to the unusual hours I play). I get declined a lot because of this, even though if you look at my realm stats, all other Paladin healers in the top 10 have an ilvl +10 levels or higher than me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelyn View Post
    I do tend to judge on RIO/ilevel when joining a group - I very rarely make them myself as it's too much hassle/stress. Thing is, RIO isn't the be-all and end-all. In my case, I stopped playing in January and came back 2-3 weeks ago. As a result, I'm only 430 ilvl and struggle to get into +10's as a healer. I just managed to get my score above 1000 this week (all pugs, no guild groups due to the unusual hours I play). I get declined a lot because of this, even though if you look at my realm stats, all other Paladin healers in the top 10 have an ilvl +10 levels or higher than me.
    I got denied for 13's even AFTER I had all 15's in time Master achieve season 3 - they whispered and told me my IO is low.. I'm freaken above 1650 LOL

Anyway, I feel you for that ilvl though I don't even want to try this on alts right now