Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Im aware they can reuse assets and thats most of my concern. I dont want a rushed asset flip just because 2 sold well
    To be fair thats literally what Resident Evil 3 was.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Yea but it was supposed to be a spin off and its also considered not all that great. A real dev cycle would do it justice

but my wifu

valentine doesn't look good in that picture.

Quote Originally Posted by Mouri Kogorou View Post
    but my wifu

valentine doesn't look good in that picture.
    What about this image that's supposedly her

To be fair Jill Valentine was never a real looker. She wasn't ugly or anything, but people reallllllyyyy ran with low polys and assumed a lot about her looks.

Every time they've updated her whether it was Re1 Remake or brought her back for Re5, she always looked like average, that's all.

I've never had a problem with her looks but I think some people expected her to be a model or something and I don't get why other than maybe a childhood crush.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post

This actually looks the best I think she ever has if true.
    Last edited by Yoshingo; 2019-12-03 at 07:21 PM.

Jill looks like Natalie Portman and Nemesis is slowly growing on me. The twisted nose is throwing me off a bit.

Oh yeah me likey.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you.
    Oh no, what did they do to Carlos..

Either way, I guess most expected this but I was being negative and thought it wouldn't happen. So exciting, RE3 was my favorite and now I guess R3make will be my favorite!
    "I have the most loyal fanboys. Did you ever see that? Where I could stand by Thoradin's Wall and massacre my own people and I wouldn't lose any fanboys. It's like incredible." - Sylvanas Windrunner

"If you kill your enemies, they win." - Anduin Wrynn

Looks better than whatever the fuck that blonde standin in 5 was meant to be. People freak about Chris in 7 but at least thats faithful to his REmake model rather than the roidfueld semen chasing bloodline questor lunk from 5 onwards.

This will be good! I cant wait

7+ Year Old Account
    Resident evil 3 had way more zombie skins, locations and creatures that weren't in RE2

I wouldnt call that an asset flip.
    Yes it might have reused some assets, after all, it's a sequel to a game with the same engine
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

10+ Year Old Account
    if it is anything like Remake 2 then I am all for it.

I hope they give the same treatment to the other games (RE0, RE1, Code V). It really needs a soft reboot anyways.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zEmini View Post
    if it is anything like Remake 2 then I am all for it.

I hope they give the same treatment to the other games (RE0, RE1, Code V). It really needs a soft reboot anyways.
    Re1 doesnt need another remake. Its perfect as is

Re1 doesnt need another remake. Its perfect as is
    That and said REmake had a HD remaster only a few years ago. Personally i think if they have to remake another with the quality of the current 2 i think Code Veronica needs it because that game really needed more time in the oven after being a 4x do-over but personally i would either love for a total reimagining of 4 as the "crazy hill folk in blair witchesque woods" it was touted as more in tone with the stuff we see in the end credit woodcuts or in a similar vein take RE0 but everything after the ecliptic express gets scrapped and its about Rebecca journeying through set pieces in the arklay mountains heading to a mansion she keeps spotting in the distance or something instead. You could have one of those isolated villages in the hills mentioned in outbreak, the hospital from outbreak, stuff like a water treatment center and all the deep INNAWOODS umbrella training stuff we heard about but never saw.

Or y'know, copypaste mansion half a mile away from the spencer mansion full of the albino monkeys from Congo and leechmen is fine too i guess.

Yea but it was supposed to be a spin off and its also considered not all that great. A real dev cycle would do it justice
    Ummm don't know what you have looked at but RE3 has always been seen as a great game.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Ummm don't know what you have looked at but RE3 has always been seen as a great game.
    I think people automatically equate reusing a lot of assets as bad.

Which is true in many (most) cases, but not all.

Re3 is a fine game.

Another more recent example I would say is Fallout: New Vegas, which reused a TON of assets from Fallout 3 and people genuinely seem to love it.

And then you have Fallout 4 and Fallout 76............................................................

15+ Year Old Account
    That and said REmake had a HD remaster only a few years ago. Personally i think if they have to remake another with the quality of the current 2 i think Code Veronica needs it because that game really needed more time in the oven after being a 4x do-over but personally i would either love for a total reimagining of 4 as the "crazy hill folk in blair witchesque woods" it was touted as more in tone with the stuff we see in the end credit woodcuts or in a similar vein take RE0 but everything after the ecliptic express gets scrapped and its about Rebecca journeying through set pieces in the arklay mountains heading to a mansion she keeps spotting in the distance or something instead. You could have one of those isolated villages in the hills mentioned in outbreak, the hospital from outbreak, stuff like a water treatment center and all the deep INNAWOODS umbrella training stuff we heard about but never saw.

Or y'know, copypaste mansion half a mile away from the spencer mansion full of the albino monkeys from Congo and leechmen is fine too i guess.
    I was gonna mention cv but that is when the series started the decline and the story started going beyond bonkers so i really think it might be more effort than its worth to even try to reimagine that thing. Ironically the series went from camp to serious to camp and now we're back to serious so who knows if it will fit anyway

My man Nemesis has gone private and got himself some veneers.

I'm looking forward to the game, though I'm disappointed that Carlos looks so generic. I guess they didn't want too much of an overlap with Leon and decided on making Carlos more rugged even though he was originally just as much of a 'pretty boy' as Leon.

Nemesis...looks alright. Creepy enough, I guess. The thing with Nemesis wasn't about his design for me but how easily he could turn the tide against you and make you panic.

I'm mostly looking forward to the game since it'll give us a better look at the streets of Raccoon City. The hospital has the potential to be really cool and unsettling, too.

I'd honestly like to see them step back from re after 3 and remake dino crisis, that series deserves some love after the abomination of 3