Dismissing terms like " patriarchy colonialism racism etc" is....far right?

That's something you'd have to be far-right to actually believe and do. You stated you reject basic sociological concepts, flatly, and I have to assume it's because of your personal politics, since you gave no other reason. -endus
    I've been on the internet and twitterverse. Even got the bans to prove it. However I do find this intresting. How climate change is a race issue I can't fathom. So we can strike that off. Colonialism? Hmmm this to makes no sense in regards to climate change. So thats another of Greta statements to cross off. The patriarchy? I doubt it solely guys on executives boards that make decisions. Corporatism I would accept. specially when gas companies are involved. They've done some scummy shit.

Now you often see people waving their arms claiming racism, patriarchy, etc when they (typically left leaning 3rd wave feminists) have nothing to back up their claims. Sorta like when a right leaning guy uses Benghazi, lock her up, or that stupid wall in a argument. Or just cut to the chase and use insults (fun but unproductive).

Now the question is this. How is dismissing (with my thought process above) make me "far-right"? I thought the left hates labels? I thought only the right wing labels people? The tolerant left, etc. It's that kind of attitude that helped elect trump. I'd rather that not happen again.

Patriarchy has nothing to do with climate change. Humans, regardless of gender, affect the Earth with their carbon footprint. Most individuals leave one big as a neighborhood and families leave one big as cities.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Must be hard building all those strawmen huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    I don't care if he committed tax fraud. Scoring political victories and crushing the aspirations of your political opponents is more important than adhering to moral principles.
    Well at least they're being honest now.

Quote Originally Posted by Thestrawman View Post
    https://www.dailywire.com/news/greta...fuel-literally

Dude she said it. Not me.

But her comments aren't the thing here. It's the fucking crazy thought process of how dismissing a bunch of laced together buzzwords makes me "far right"
    Last edited by Saninicus; 2019-12-03 at 10:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Saninicus View Post
    I've been on the internet and twitterverse. Even got the bans to prove it. However I do find this intresting. How climate change is a race issue I can't fathom. So we can strike that off. Colonialism? Hmmm this to makes no sense in regards to climate change. So thats another of Greta statements to cross off. The patriarchy? I doubt it solely guys on executives boards that make decisions. Corporatism I would accept. specially when gas companies are involved. They've done some scummy shit.

Now you often see people waving their arms claiming racism, patriarchy, etc when they (typically left leaning 3rd wave feminists) have nothing to back up their claims. Sorta like when a right leaning guy uses Benghazi, lock her up, or that stupid wall in a argument. Or just cut to the chase and use insults (fun but unproductive).

Now the question is this. How is dismissing (with my thought process above) make me "far-right"? I thought the left hates labels? I thought only the right wing labels people? The tolerant left, etc. It's that kind of attitude that helped elect trump. I'd rather that not happen again.
    I think those things existed, and will continue to exist in the world to a greater or lesser degree. However I think currently, the West is not the major actor in doing these things.

I think in the long run dwelling on these issues in the West is what will help destroy it, so I tend to stay away in discussing them in any length in the real world. Because in the real world, and outside of Academia, the only people that that talk like this are ones that have been, essentially indoctrinated into grievance/identity/intersectional politics.
    Vocatus atque non vocatus, deus aderit.

But her comments aren't the thing here. It's the fucking crazy thought process of how dismissing a bunch of laced together buzzwords makes me "far right"
    Daily wire? Why would you link this. You’d really have to find a non bias source firstly.

It is a social issue and climate change has massive social ramifications.

If we think about the companies that drive climate change. The fossil fuel companies and take into account the horrible shit they’ve done in other countries anointed with the resource curse then there is indeed aspects of colonialism and racism.
    Last edited by Themius; 2019-12-03 at 10:20 PM.

So you care what a 14 year old says?
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    I don't care if he committed tax fraud. Scoring political victories and crushing the aspirations of your political opponents is more important than adhering to moral principles.
    Well at least they're being honest now.

Colonialism is very relevant because quite a lot of countries are still poor and a concern is that their chance to develop is being robbed by China, Europe, USA, etc when they are asked not to do the same things those countries did to develop.

The rest dunno
    Your problem is that you’re more concerned about being precisely, factually, and semantically correct than about being morally right.

So you care what a 14 year old says?
    A high profile one. A message I like but would rather not see go down the crazy route. I'd rather not let this end up like occupy wall street.

Those words actually have specific meaning. Generally the people who dismiss them offhand are whiny right wing edge lords trying to pretend it's really the white male who's been the victim this whole time.

The western dominated order has both been male dominated(patriarchy), the colonial system still has ramifications to this day and played a key role in western industrialization as it was all about the exploration of resources with man of those resources contributing to global warming, and racist as a lot of it was built on pretty racist beliefs and policies. Keep in mind western societies used to believe lock stock and barrel things like Eugenics, not just the Hitlers of the world. The fact that America was superior because WASPs was a god given fact everyone just knew and it extended in some fashion to much of the western world. Seems more like you're just easily triggered or don't understand what those mean.

Not sure why you need a whole thread to cry like a bitch about Endus though and a 14 year old girl both who clearly seem to have a better grasp about Climate Science than you.
    Last edited by shimerra; 2019-12-03 at 10:32 PM.

Colonialism is still a thing. It's either the economic form like what China is doing or the more violent kind like the US does with all it's "regime change" wars and rebellions.

I mean, I don't like these concepts as much as the next guy, particularly patriarchy, but why would you rehash this subject, especially in connection to a topic over which a thread was locked?

And no, you're not far right.

The Lightbringer Monster Hunter's Avatar
    I see you devilJo!

On the topic though. Not sure what straw men have to do with what the op is saying.

I think from what I'm getting the jist off he's saying he dosnt think those things are linked as some people are claiming.

Which I can understand somewhat, there's a terrible trend of just throwing out bad labels at things for no reason other than to appeal to potential allies.

Like in one thread some poster called bojo a homophobe as well as racist and a bunch of other things.

Problem is bojo is defiantly racisist but he has also consistently voted for gay rights and gay marriage and never said anything bad about lgbt so throwing out that label actualy works to discredit the other labels rather than help.
    Last edited by Monster Hunter; 2019-12-03 at 10:37 PM.
    stuck in the D2:shadow keep Que....please send help!

Im not sure how you could cross off colonialism unless you are 1 an idiot with no historical knowledge or 2 bad faith person. Richer country like most of europe polute a lot less, concidence a lot of the old colony are poluting making a lot manufacturing stuff for the first world. We also send our trash to our old colonies, so that we have less of our own garbage so that third world gets to make what little money it can recuperating it. Colonialism is still well alive and is part of the ultra consuming culture we hold dear.
    Last edited by minteK917; 2019-12-03 at 10:36 PM.

@Saninicus Yeah just ignore the patriarchy colonialism nonsense. Unless they're proposing a specific policy then there's nothing to debate.
    -------
    Quote of the month:
    Intelligent people like talking about the conflict between ideas, dumb people like talking about the conflict between individuals and their groups.

Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    @Saninicus Yeah just ignore the patriarchy colonialism nonsense. Unless they're proposing a specific policy then there's nothing to debate.
    In typical PC2 fashion ignore what is inconvenient. I can at least get the right wing pissing and whining like children attitude about the patriarchy or racism, even though you'd have to be a total moron to think the society doesn't overall favor males or that racism is fixed. The entire conservative idealogy especially in America is old stuff is great and change is scary and bad. But colonialism having long term effects on the current world order? I mean christ was cut rate shit house school did you go from? Whoever taught you history not only need to have their teaching licence revoked immediately but I'd almost say jail time is in order given the terrible job they did.

Pandaren Monk

The problem is you're dismissing it based on words you don't like, because feels.

You don't see how colonialism touches on climate change? When rich countries have a long history of finding a poor country to dump toxic waste in, because it's cheaper than dealing with the waste themselves even though the target country lacks the ability to safely contain or process the stuff so it just ends up leaking into the environment?

Ultimately what she's trying to say is that these things are factors in how we got to where we are. Because the climate problems we're having didn't start today. The wheels on this bus started turning before any person currently alive was born, and now we're paying the price for systems that were set up sometimes a hundred or more years ago. Systems that were kinda racist and colonial in nature, and maybe need to be reevaluated.

The Lightbringer Monster Hunter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by minteK917 View Post
    Im not sure how you could cross off colonialism unless you are 1 an idiot with no historical knowledge or 2 bad faith person. Richer country like most of europe polute a lot less, concidence a lot of the old colony are poluting making a lot manufacturing stuff for the first world. We also send our trash to our old colonies, so that we have less of our own garbage so that third world gets to make what little money it can recuperating it. Colonialism is still well alive and is part of the ultra consuming culture we hold dear.
    If that's inherently true and is a sole cause, why is Singapore so green?
    stuck in the D2:shadow keep Que....please send help!

Quote Originally Posted by shimerra View Post
    Those words actually have specific meaning. Generally the people who dismiss them offhand are whiny right wing edge lords trying to pretend it's really the white male who's been the victim this whole time.

The western dominated order has both been male dominated(patriarchy), the colonial system still has ramifications to this day and played a key role in western industrialization as it was all about the exploration of resources, and racist as a lot of it was built on pretty racist believes and policies. Keep in mind western societies used to believe lock stock and barrel things like Eugenics, not just the Hitlers of the world. The fact that America was superior because WASPs was a god given fact everyone just knew and it extended in some fashion to much of the western world. Seems more like you're just easily triggered or don't understand what those mean.

Not sure why you need a whole thread to cry like a bitch about Endus though and a 14 year old girl both who clearly seem to have a better grasp about Climate Science than you.
    Lol what? No crying on my part. No "edginess" here. I'm here to have conversation. Yet all you've done is launch into a tirade of ad hominem attacks. You have the gall to say "I'm crying like a bitch?. You ain't doing any side any favors bud.

This thread is closed. A user quote is not an appropriate context for an OP.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."