I just saw a patient die

So I do IT work for a hospital and I don't often get around the patients but occasionally I have to go in a room at night to fix a TV for them. I was fixing one tonight in a double bed room up in the oncology ward and the guy in the bed next to him went code blue. I feel bad for people who die in hospitals. Especially at night when the families can' be there. I feel like when my grandmother died from cancer we did the right thing having her in hospice care in her home. That way at least one of us could be there with her the whole time.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Saw someone get creamed on the highway when he was crossing a fair while back...

Witnessing death is never a pleasant experience...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Saw someone get creamed on the highway when he was crossing a fair while back...

Get creamed?

Crossing a fair?
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post

Somehow this comment made me think that guy got hit by an Ice-cream truck and then you have some line in a bad 80s movie where the other guy says "He really got creamed".

ok I'll show myself out.

Yeah witnessing death sucks. I've only seen animals die but it's never an easy thing to process.

Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    Somehow this comment made me think that guy got hit by an Ice-cream truck and then you have some line in a bad 80s movie where the other guy says "He really got creamed".

ok I'll show myself out.

Yeah witnessing death sucks. I've only seen animals die but it's never an easy thing to process.
    The worst part about it is there's nothing I can do except wait for the nurses to get there and let them do their thing to try and save him. It's hard to wonder if he may have survived longer if I could do something. I mean I know he was on his way to death anyways.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

10+ Year Old Account
    Worked hospice for 4.5 years. Saw 8 or 9 patients die in their beds at home. Given a choice almost every patient I worked with wanted to be at home.

Seeing the last breath and then a body, shit changes a person. Even though you're not medical staff, if you need to, there should be someone on staff for employees to talk to when a patient dies. Do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    Worked hospice for 4.5 years. Saw 8 or 9 patients die in their beds at home. Given a choice almost every patient I worked with wanted to be at home.

Seeing the last breath and then a body, shit changes a person. Even though you're not medical staff, if you need to, there should be someone on staff for employees to talk to when a patient dies. Do it.
    It's no that I need someone to talk to about it. It doesn't bother me that far. It was just hard to watch it happen.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Some 18 years ago I was in hospital for about a month ( little longer than a month) in a room with 7 other people and all died within first 2 weeks ( mostly old and terminal patients). When I was released from hospital entire room was changed ( well let's say it replaced by new patients) every other week. Probably in total I have seen 20 people die.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    It's no that I need someone to talk to about it. It doesn't bother me that far.
    Yes you do, and you just did. And it's fine, accept it.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.

it's very scary to see a person die

10+ Year Old Account
    Working in a nursing home for about 12 years now and seen many seniors die esspecially now in the winter time, the most scary thing about it is that i get pretty cold about it the longer i work there. Its a horrible experience nonetheless, i still remember the first one like it was yesterday.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Working in a nursing home for about 12 years now and seen many seniors die esspecially now in the winter time, the most scary thing about it is that i get pretty cold about it the longer i work there. Its a horrible experience nonetheless, i still remember the first one like it was yesterday.
    I've never seen a person die up close and personal. Seen a couple of accidents that resulted in death, but that's not the same.

I’ve seen one death, a murder, i do not think to affected me terribly. It happened a fair distance from me. Also ran into a mass murderer who was killing co-workers. This was after he killed someone, after I found out he had gone on and killed two more people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    It's no that I need someone to talk to about it.
    Then.. What are you doing here?
    You literally made a thread to talk about it.

Talk with professionals instead of randoms online.

Pretty sure you have people at the hospital to talk about it to instead of this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Get creamed?

Crossing a fair?
    Creamed = annihilated so utterly, the remains resemble cream. It's hyperbole.

Crossing a fair = going across a thoroughfare. Dipshit was running across a highway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

I have seen someone get beheaded by ISIL
    I've seen plenty of dead bodies
    I've seen someone on a motorcycle get hit by a tractor-trailer truck.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    I have seen someone get beheaded by ISIL
    IRL?

/10chars