Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    And anyone with double digit IQ would realise hundreds of tonnes jumping around a ship would sink it instantly and kong would drown in the depths of the ocean.
    It's a movie about a 300 foot Gorilla fighting a 300 foot Atomic-Fire breathing Dragon and you're concerned about realism...

Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    It's a movie about a 300 foot Gorilla fighting a 300 foot Atomic-Fire breathing Dragon and you're concerned about realism...
    totally. I expect my giant ape vs giant reptile to be completely realistic.

Gravity and physics are off the cards because "ItS a mOnsTEr MOViE bRoOoO"

hahah you guys can at least be original if you're gonna be mindless zealot's.

I never said omg movie ruined because boat physics are ignored. Its just dumb. You can make a giant monster movie and ground it in reality so its even better but nah who needs standards. Lets pretend the 4th film in this random as fuck run where the 4th film that no one actually asked for or showed up to support in the earlier films and that would have been cancelled if they waited to see profits from the earlier movies and hadnt already been shot by the time godzilla king of monsters had released and just needed post shooting cgi etc
    Last edited by RobertoCarlos; 2021-01-26 at 07:15 AM.
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

And anyone with double digit IQ would realise hundreds of tonnes jumping around a ship would sink it instantly and kong would drown in the depths of the ocean.
    So which is it? Are you outraged over the military propaganda (in a series of films where the military is constantly getting their ass handed to them), or are you outraged over the lack of proper physics (in a series of films featuring giant monsters that would collapse into massive piles of flesh under their own weight if they were actually real)?

Either way you should probably get the fuck over it.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    So which is it? Are you outraged over the military propaganda (in a series of films where the military is constantly getting their ass handed to them), or are you outraged over the lack of proper physics (in a series of films featuring giant monsters that would collapse into massive piles of flesh under their own weight if they were actually real)?

Either way you should probably get the fuck over it.
    Maybe they can ice skate on top of trump tower. I mean why not physics dont matter just switch your brain off broooooo

And lets not pretend american flags dont pop up in these monster movies. I still havent recovered from michael bay's transformer movies. I think those had at least 15 american flags per movie quota
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

Maybe they can ice skate on top of trump tower. I mean why not physics dont matter just switch your brain off broooooo
    oh, look. I think you're finally starting to get it. It's almost like these movies are for entertainment, or something.

If it makes for a fun scene, why not do it?

Will Mechagodzilla be a vehicle or its own entity through ai?

Kong will win. Godzilla is sweaty foreigner from Japan, Kong is America's sweetheart, movie is made by americans. Ez pez.
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

Loved the official trailer, funny though how they made godzilla the good guy in the last movies even avoiding hurting humans if he could and in this just kills everyone.

Gotta show Kong as the new good guy i guess.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Quote Originally Posted by ldev View Post
    Kong will win. Godzilla is sweaty foreigner from Japan, Kong is America's sweetheart, movie is made by americans. Ez pez.
    Nah, they'll team up against the true evil and become best friends.

I thought in the movies Godzilla was like, a good guy.... and Kong just needed a friend? Why they fighting?

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    Nah, they'll team up against the true evil and become best friends.
    I was thinking the same thing. During the trailer, you could see there were humans that knew something was off with the King of Monsters. So yeah, I think there is a bigger evil at play in the movie and they will team up against a bigger monster.

You don't need a double digit IQ to turn your brain off and watch a movie.

Like the movie, or dislike it, you're choice.

Going into the movie without suspending your disbelief is a waste of time when watching a movie. And arguing aspects of it on the Internet is another beast altogether.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I thought in the movies Godzilla was like, a good guy.... and Kong just needed a friend? Why they fighting?

The trailer itself portrays it as "Godzilla is hurting people and we don't know why" so one could just assume that he feels threatened by Kong.

However, it's most likely not really Godzilla we see in the trailer. It is most likely MechaGodzilla.

In my opinion, the real Godzilla knows Fake Godzilla is out there stirring up some shit. The world thinks Fake Godzilla is actually the real Godzilla, so they get Kong to "deal" with him. Won't be until the end of the film where all parties realize it was Fake Godzilla the whole time and the real Godzilla sits there looking this like:

"TOLD YA SO!"
    Last edited by KOUNTERPARTS; 2021-01-26 at 02:45 PM.

If they do this right, Kong will win and then you'll get them teaming up to beat MechaGodzilla. Godzilla is quite literally going nuts because humans think they're God and created something they never should have. Story is pretty obvious.

Just give me more action than there is human drama and we're gold.

You are right! And also...that has nothing to do with the fact that even someone with an IQ in the double digits wouldn't be dumb enough to think that scene was some sort of military propaganda. So, since your reply is completely irrelevant to what was being discussed, I assume you have realize how flawed your original statement was and rather than try to defend it or just admit you were wrong, you're gonna try to now redirect your complaint to being solely about the "realism". Cause if you want THAT to be the issue, rather than it being some military propaganda that only exists in your head, I got some bad news man. Those 2 giant fucking monsters that you're saying couldn't physically fight on that ship? You're right man, and the ship doesn't even matter...because those 2 giant monsters THEMSELVES could not physically exist. If realism is a big concern of yours in every movie you watch, giant monster movies are probably a genre you should stay away from.

Terminators always appear human for a reason.

Monsters living reasonably well enough (peacefully) with the the human race is an abomination. And since humans won't do the necessary we'll get the monsters to do the job for us. And in the process turn the human race against them as well.

*Godzilla proceeds to go into a killing spree on all kaiju, human lives are among collateral damage*
    ...Monarch group of peppy peeps go to Skull Island and sweet talk the one kaiju that bows down to no one. Kong proceeds with a beat down that reveals Godzilla as a giant-sized terminator....the end.

Next round; King vs God Winner take all!
    Last edited by Shadowferal; 2021-01-26 at 03:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post

Personally I hope an AI or at least an AI that is controlled from a HQ and "told" what to do. Much like the Showa Era MechaGodzilla.

Speculation is that this MechaG was made from the original Godzilla skeleton that was seen in Godzilla 2014 (it was called "Dagon" I think) and using the brain of the severed Ghidorah head.

Maybe pull a page from Kiryu's handbook and give new MG Ghidorah's brain. What could possibly go wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    Personally I hope an AI or at least an AI that is controlled from a HQ and "told" what to do. Much like the Showa Era MechaGodzilla.

Speculation is that this MechaG was made from the original Godzilla skeleton that was seen in Godzilla 2014 (it was called "Dagon" I think) and using the brain of the severed Ghidorah head.
    Great minds something something.
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

Quote Originally Posted by ldev View Post
    Legendary (China) and Toho own more of the movie than WB. Dont assume anything.

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    Speculation is that this MechaG was made from the original Godzilla skeleton that was seen in Godzilla 2014 (it was called "Dagon" I think)
    I'm confused now..other skeleton?

I'm confused now..other skeleton?
    Early in the 2014 movie, Serizawa and crew are checking out a skeleton that may be from Godzilla's species?

Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi