Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Dead bodies showing up in cities when people log out - SL teaser?

Ever since SL has been announced, I have been collecting several screenshots of people laying dead in Orgrimmar, piles of bodies just in the middle of nowhere for no reason. I thought to myself, maybe it's a coincidence or people were flying up to their deaths but this is wrong. There were several lowbies dead, even near the allied race portals. There would be no way to kill themselves unless they died with their hearthstone debug. note that i do not have warmode on and thus these bodies are of players in the non-warmode shard
    Last edited by TheramoreIsTheBomb; 2019-12-09 at 07:42 PM.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Ever since SL has been announced, I have been collecting several screenshots of people laying dead in Orgrimmar, piles of bodies just in the middle of nowhere for no reason. I thought to myself, maybe it's a coincidence or people were flying up to their deaths but this is wrong. There were several lowbies dead, even near the allied race portals. There would be no way to kill themselves unless they died with their hearthstone debug. note that i do not have warmode on and thus these bodies are of players in the non-warmode shard
    Gold sellers killed themselves in funny ways like in the good old times?

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    Gold sellers killed themselves in funny ways like in the good old times?
    nope doesn't spell out anything nor are these people online

- - - Updated - - -

Last edited by TheramoreIsTheBomb; 2019-12-09 at 08:12 PM.

Interesting, indeed.

7+ Year Old Account
    Ive also seen this in places like the gurubashi areana, 4 random bodies just laying around, not npcs, and they wernt skeletons, they were actual bodies.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

i'll check alliance side soon. this has never happened since cataclysm. they stopped letting bodies sit out after you log

Interesting pics. The first one looks completely staged either by a group (bored raiders, gold sellers, etc) or by Blizzard (as an event). The 2nd one I could see being explained by random people falling to their death or such, but not the first.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been seeing this more often and normally corpses vanish after 5 minutes after logging but this isn't the case. Must be a bug but I welcome it; it's fun to look at and it's fitting with Shadowlands around the corner.

The Old God is toying with your minds. Wake up sheeple!
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

I happened to find similar corpses when i was testing some invasions in Uldum a couple week back.
    Definitely seems to be a sort of set dressing going by the location of the corpses and the high amount of them.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

There's toys to kill yourself with, like a sacrificial dagger. Doesn't really make sense for Blizzard to be hinting at SL's prior to the release of Visions of N'Zoth. And with player bodies? That just sounds odd. I've seen dead bodies in cities before for long periods of time.

I think it's just a bug, I took one of my alts and suicided in Orgrimmar and logged out. Logged back in on main one day later and it's still there.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have only seen one of these but i haven't been logging in recently. I saw one guy dead in the Lakeshire town hall and didn't really think anything of it other than wonder how he died.

I wouldn't put it past Blizzard to be teasing the pre event though. They added the earthquakes leading up to Cataclysm as early as 3.3 I wanna say. They were just super rare and anyone who saw one didn't think anything of it until they got more frequent.

Sorry if the answer is obvious but what does SL stand for in this case? Nevermind…..Jesus I'm slow.
    Last edited by Nattwenny; 2019-12-09 at 08:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    When I teleported to the portal room in SW the other day there were skeletons everywhere, not spelled out in anything, they were just laying everywhere.

With what implication though? People just dropping dead? Shadowlands might be a death themed expansion, but it doesn't seem like people will just be dropping dead willy-nilly "because death". And again why bodies that look like players?

The boundary between Azeroth and the Shadowlands hasn't even broken yet.

Its likely just a bug from someone dying and their corpse not disappearing. I've seen these types of bodies in past expansions, and they last for days, probably only disappearing once server restarts happen. Correlation is not equal to causation.

Quote Originally Posted by Averrix View Post
    When I teleported to the portal room in SW the other day there were skeletons everywhere, not spelled out in anything, they were just laying everywhere.
    Skeletons are different, that specifically shows a player died there and released.

What we are talking about, or at least what i am talking about is player models strewn about in random places.
    Specifically they stand out for being non-interractible, and seemingly laying there for longer than the usual amount of time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by corruptdevil View Post
    With what implication though? People just dropping dead? Shadowlands might be a death themed expansion, but it doesn't seem like people will just be dropping dead willy-nilly "because death". And again why bodies that look like players?

The boundary between Azeroth and the Shadowlands hasn't even broken yet.

Its likely just a bug from someone dying and their corpse not disappearing. I've seen these types of bodies in past expansions, and they last for days, probably only disappearing once server restarts happen. Correlation is not equal to causation.
    I feel pretty confident they are intentional, at least the ones i saw in the 8.3 PTR.

Was near one of the obilisks on Uldum where i saw at least 20 corpses in close proximity. None of them interractible, and none of them having server tags.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post

I feel pretty confident they are intentional, at least the ones i saw in the 8.3 PTR.

Was near one of the obilisks on Uldum where i saw at least 20 corpses in close proximity. None of them interractible, and none of them having server tags.
    I'm pretty sure you're reading too far into things. Especially since you're using the PTR as your most credible source. These bodies have existed for years, and often in janky places that raise questions as to how they managed to die in such a specific place. Its probably more likely a bug caused by a disconnect on death, and people not releasing.

And player corpses make less sense since we already know that players don't die to reach the shadowlands. Our presence in the Shadowlands is special compared to other beings there. Likely we are still alive when reaching the Shadowlands. It just doesn't fit anything else Blizzard has done before.
    Last edited by corruptdevil; 2019-12-09 at 08:54 PM.

There have been dead bodies out in front of the Boralus Inn for several days now.

Two weeks ago there was a corpse in front of the SW auction house for days, its no longer there.