Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    If you consider the slugfest that's happening on realms atm a success then go see a shrink.

literally 90% of my friendlist don't log in anymore because of the honor system.

being camped constantly and wasting 3-4 hours to reach a dungeon is not something I would call successful.
    maybe dont play on a pvp server then baby

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    Considering Blizz said wow classic tripled wows subs
    They didn't say that, or do you have a source? From what I read, Classic has a third of the active players of Retail.

Let me guess, this was based on the assumption that WoW was down to 1mio subs, and then it came out it was still >3mio?
    Last edited by Nathanyel; 2019-12-10 at 12:28 PM.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Veggie50 View Post
    OP assumes there's people genuinely mad, which I believe stretches the truth quite a bit.

There is a subsection on both sides that believe one can't be succesful unless the other has failed. Those post antagonizing comments, which call forth a response...

These people probably do the same over their favourite icecream flavour, why stress about it?
    also same "question " being asked is pretty much baiting too. again, happens not just here

Why would anyone be mad about classic? At the very least its cross-promotion for the game.

What you see as counter discussions against classic is just a few backfired fairy tales about the old game. The target groups for each version of the game are different. Retail WoW separated the groups so much, that player A never had to meet/play with player B anyways.

Streamers and maybe boost selling players are the ones double-dipping into both communitys, but outside of that there is not really any friction area.

MMO-C is again back with threads bashing retail WoW from non-subs or people who started again retail WoW, after the classic hype ended for them. Just look at last weeks whining threads about retails casual stuff and you get my point.
    -

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Askyl View Post
    Like, why are you seriously angry at the game, Blizzard for releasing, hoping it'll die soon etc? Why are you so mad one of the greatest games ever released actually still holds up?
    I don't think there are a lot of people who are angry at the game. Don't conflate disagreeing with an opinion as being angry at something.

Like.. Why not be happy for those who enjoy it?
    To be frank, I see no reason to make any kind of emotional investment in those who enjoy it. Good for them I guess, but it makes zero difference in my life. In that context though, yes, I am happy for those who enjoy it

That being said, when those who enjoy it feel the need to shit all over modern WoW or feel that they need to go on about how much better Classic is than BfA, well that's just begging for a response.

Like, why are you seriously angry at the game, Blizzard for releasing, hoping it'll die soon etc? Why are you so mad one of the greatest games ever released actually still holds up?

I don't think anyone is actually "genuinely mad" that Classic is a success?

Quote Originally Posted by Rioriel View Post
    Why are people genuinely convinced that everyone else is against them?
    I see this alot in recent years, and social media that everyone has access too didnt help much aswell

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    I think the boner "Vanilla Players" have bashing retail far exceeds your silly claim of those that hate Classic's "success"...
    Played since 2008, every expansion but vanilla. Peak of my PvE success came in WoD (amazing raids btw), peak of my PvP success came in Cata & MoP, most fun I've ever had in WoW was also in MoP. I've enjoyed BC pservers in place of Legion and BFA, quitting 6 months in to Legion after trying really fucking hard to like it, and after 1 tier in BFA. I was skeptical of classic, thought it wouldn't live up to the hype, thought TBC would obviously be better. I've played every day since release, 2 classes at 60 decked out in purples, rank 7 on my mage, creaming at the thought of WSG coming out later today. Literally one of the best experiences i've had in WoW. Went with no friends, made countless passively, some i speak to regularly like i've known them for years. Retail is fucking dog shit. Signed, a player who never even played classic and has kept up with every change/system ever implemented since the release of BC

I'm not really sure who you're talking to because I've seen hardly any of what you're talking about. Of course there will be people that are against classic but the same could be said for any other game. This seems like a problem that you're making for yourself.

10+ Year Old Account

There is unrest on both sides. Threads like yours are one of the reasons that people are against Classic. Just enjoy the game. People don't care. No need to yell about it.

the same is on the other side.

Other threads are some reasons that people are against Retail.

Sorry but your thread just adds to the unnecessary fire - my opinion of course. There is no need to have to pose.

- Sincirely, a Vanilla / Progression player.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I played a lot of retail before classic was released but since then, no kidding, I haven't logged in to retail once. Classic, in my opinion, just feels like a quality game with a "soul" and it's things like server community, meaningful item upgrades (also items are not as streamlined as in retail, in classic you have "freak" items like Ragnaros fire damage trinket) and the talent tree system which I prefer SO much over the retail solution.

Also, I think I've never seen Orgrimmar as crowded as last Sunday, so I think all the "8/10 people have already quit classic" talk is utter BS
    Last edited by Flaadhun; 2019-12-10 at 12:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    They didn't say that, or do you have a source? From what I read, Classic has a third of the active players of Retail.

Let me guess, this was based on the assumption that WoW was down to 1mio subs, and then it came out it was still >3mio?
    No, this was from activision themselves during a corporate conference call saying wow classic was a tremendous success, it tripled the subs, and had the biggest single increase in wow subs in a single moment in wow history

Not tbc, Wotlk, or any other expansion brought as many subs back to the game as classic did and that’s Blizz corporate saying that

I love classic, but why do you care what other ppl think? The last thing I care about is the opinion of ppl who go onto a gaming forum to complain about a video game.

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    Considering Blizz said wow classic tripled wows subs
    ...bro. Seriously? You've repeated this lie so many times I guess you must think it's the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by ghays View Post
    You realize you are a poster child for what the OP is asking about, right? You go right in and ignore what he’s asking about and attack people who like Classic.
    Except he's not "attacking" anyone, he's genuiely answering OPs question. No one would give much of a fuck if classic fanbois just played their classic and enjoyed it. But no, they keep running around forums, praising classic left and right (which, by itself, wouldn't be much of a problem), AND shitting on everyone who prefers BfA. Of course the other side won't stay quiet, and will do the same thing. It's human nature.

The hypocrisy and double standards don't help either, the guy in this thread who accuses BfA people of "insecurity", when he's the one spending hours every single day trying to convince everyone (and himself) how big of a success classic is Rich. If it was such a huge success, you wouldn't need to convince people of it, honey.

Don't want people to be "mad"? Stop with your troll threads, and just enjoy whatever the fuck you're enjoying, without trying to convince people that they're idiots for enjoying something different than you.
    If the future is female...get ready for apocalypse.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    ...bro. Seriously? You've repeated this lie so many times I guess you must think it's the truth.
    I’m a professional stock investor, and when I hear the head of atvi stand in front of the company and say those words I believe it and you should too

Secondly kid, google search is not that hard

https://www.google.com/amp/s/venture...a-quarter/amp/

No one is mad about classic being popular. But a lot of people, including myself, is skeptical about the longevity of if.
    Mother pus bucket!

Quote Originally Posted by Dziubla View Post
    Except he's not "attacking" anyone, he's genuiely answering OPs question. No one would give much of a fuck if classic fanbois just played their classic and enjoyed it. But no, they keep running around forums, praising classic left and right (which, by itself, wouldn't be much of a problem), AND shitting on everyone who prefers BfA. Of course the other side won't stay quiet, and will do the same thing. It's human nature.

The hypocrisy and double standards don't help either, the guy in this thread who accuses BfA people of "insecurity", when he's the one spending hours every single day trying to convince everyone (and himself) how big of a success classic is Rich. If it was such a huge success, you wouldn't need to convince people of it, honey.

Don't want people to be "mad"? Stop with your troll threads, and just enjoy whatever the fuck you're enjoying, without trying to convince people that they're idiots for enjoying something different than you.
    Are you mental? I ask because I’m the one who said maybe it’s insecurity and I’ve said that since the threads prior to wow classic where it was just attack after attack to classic and it’s fans for no reason other than bfa was in the toilet.

Secondly, this is the first time I’ve posted here in some time really about the wow front so spare your made up attacks and delusions that I’m here much at all

Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    If you consider the slugfest that's happening on realms atm a success then go see a shrink.

literally 90% of my friendlist don't log in anymore because of the honor system.

being camped constantly and wasting 3-4 hours to reach a dungeon is not something I would call successful.
    Rolling on a pvp realm, and then whining about pvp, is kind of stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post

I've corrected that guy now four or five times and he keeps making the claim. My best guess is that he's conflating the Superdata claim that "subs tripled from the last time we guessed" with Blizzard's claim at BlizzCon that "millions came back" for Classic.

For the record, I don't mind people being excited about Classic's success. I just don't see how brazenly lying about how successful it is helps anybody's argument.