Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    No idea, Classic is great ;/ Even if its not my cup of tea anymore (i played it for years back then) I love how everyone gets the chance to try it now.

For me it is one of the best things (or atleast games) that happened to me within last few years.
    I love to see some people mad at this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Classic is pc game, a mmo rpg
    Retail is a mobile game emulated to a computer

They're mad cuz they're finally good at the game, but people say its shit and play the same game, but older

Classic is the old american muscle car while retail is the new safe boring car

Why do you think it's a success? Classic has had the largest and fastest population decline ever in a MMORPG. People are leaving in droves

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    I don't hate Classic, and it's definitely a success, MMO-wise, but what irks me is people that still believe Classic is the only thing saving WoW, when there were numbers a while ago that Classic has roughly a third of the active players of Retail. Something that will go down, btw, and that's not hate, that's a logical fact. Retail numbers will also tumble until Shadowlands comes out. Classic will have some pushes from the remaining phases, but those will be done eventually.
    What source are you talking about?

Because I remember something coming out that said sub numbers tripled after Classic came out.

Are you sure that's not what you were referring to?

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Echocho View Post
    Why do you think it's a success? Classic has had the largest and fastest population decline ever in a MMORPG. People are leaving in droves
    Evidence/source? I’ve not heard that and would be interested to read something that backs that statement up.
    Don’t ask me to explain my idiocy; I’m in my early 40’s and still don’t understand it myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Askyl View Post
    Like, why are you seriously angry at the game, Blizzard for releasing, hoping it'll die soon etc? Why are you so mad one of the greatest games ever released actually still holds up?

Like.. Why not be happy for those who enjoy it?
    They're not? If anything I see more classics showing up and throwing shit at bfa than the other way around.

Quote Originally Posted by Gardoc View Post
    But he is presenting his fantasy as a fact. So both are lying and he doesn't mind people lying in order to make classic seem less successful. And I had to quote him two times as he ignored it for the first time. I just had to know what bullshit excuse he comes up with.
    literaly everyone in any of those threads are speaking about some kind of fantasy that they want to belive in because nobody besides blizzard has any kind of real statistical data to base their claims on.

additional problem is that both sides geniuinly belive their statement to be correct.

thats why those discussions bring nothing beside place for people to troll one another a bit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aleloron View Post
    Evidence/source? I’ve not heard that and would be interested to read something that backs that statement up.
    his claim is also incorrect.

what he means is that in vanilla-wolk time so 6 years over 100 mln people created accounts and only 10 mln remained.

meaning game had 90% attirtion ratio.

and its only correct if blue statement from that time was true.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Starfals View Post
    No idea, Classic is great ;/ Even if its not my cup of tea anymore (i played it for years back then) I love how everyone gets the chance to try it now.
    i agree with this statement.

i always said its a good thing that classic is coming out

i only wanted people to be prepared for what they ask for

the easy raiding , easy leveling , pvp fiasco in classic atm proves that people had some kind of fantasy of how vanilla was while they never experienced it.

thats why so many are dissapointed.

i personaly probably will slowly level up few alts in classic after new year from february of march - because im almost done with leveling all 40+ alts to 120 so i will have finally time to level up in classic without feeling that i still havent finished that i wanted in retail first.

i also think that they should release ALL legacy expansions eventually . with option to copy your toons from previous one.

this would make a nice complementary system and astonishing amount of content to do to everyone who would want to .

im sure that data collected from classic launch - attrition of people , players behavious , how many people remain after 3-6-12-24 months would ensure that they release even more corrct number of servers when TBC and WolK comes out.
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2019-12-11 at 09:11 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Askyl View Post
    Like, why are you seriously angry at the game, Blizzard for releasing, hoping it'll die soon etc? Why are you so mad one of the greatest games ever released actually still holds up?

Like.. Why not be happy for those who enjoy it?
    Classic is hot garbage. Its sole driving force is nostalgia.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    If you consider the slugfest that's happening on realms atm a success then go see a shrink.

literally 90% of my friendlist don't log in anymore because of the honor system.

being camped constantly and wasting 3-4 hours to reach a dungeon is not something I would call successful.
    so they rolled on a pvp server, to complain about pvp ?
    why they didn't play on a pve server and avoid all that ganking ?
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by Lora View Post
    Besides the open world pvp, simpler classes, more customizable talents, less forgiving mechanics, pre-diminishing returns, stronger sense of community, and more feeling of achievement... sure--Classic is hot garbage.

Well, If it was nostalgia it would be kind of dead by now. And it would not have had 100s of 1000s players in private servers before classic.

This is also quite a dumb argument since retail is a modern mobile game on PC with a lot of small features that boost you over and over, its built to be addictive, not fun.

Its easy to find and throw shit here and there. Both games are fine and Great in their own ways. Classic as an mmo and retail as a raid simulator/Micro gamling. People like different things.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's not quite true. There were plenty of people that came to the game in BC, Wrath and afterwards that were interested in seeing what it was, i.e. it can't be nostalgia because they never saw it to start with. That doesn't guarantee that anyone will stay with it for a long time but some might, most likely won't. But there was a lot more to launch that just nostalgia.

Many have put stupidly high expectations on Classic for reasons of their own, fanatic belief in the product or for use as a measuring stick to show that it didn't measure up. And a lot of people obviously just want to fight about it which is a point of view that I don't subscribe to.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2019-12-11 at 09:43 AM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by RumbleShakes View Post
    Besides the open world pvp, simpler classes, more customizable talents, less forgiving mechanics, pre-diminishing returns, stronger sense of community, and more feeling of achievement... sure--Classic is hot garbage.
    open world pvp - still a thing, try turning warmode on
    simpler classes - yeah, that doesnt mean better in any way, mages rotation for raids is to spam frostbolt...
    more customizable talents - simply not true, you have 1-2 good talent builds depending on spec and thats it, not to mention some specs are literaly uselees no matter the build
    less forgiving mechanics - simply a lie, unless you compare it to LFR, mc was downed without wipe, with ppl that werent even full raid, some were not max lvl and those who were had green questing items...
    stronger sense of community - eh, maybe, but thats partialy your fault, find a good guild
    more feeling of achievement - thats highly individual, i personaly think kiling azshara on mythic after couple hundred wipes feels better than clearing mc without dying and before reaching max lvl...

not saying classic is a bad game, but hell your arguments are bad...

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    They charge tens of thousands of dollars? Where did you find this value?
    Go to their website. Duh

Because they're jelly retail hasn't been a success in awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    You can charge whatever you want. Neither you nor anyone else knows how many reports are sold. Nor do we know if Blizzard or ATVI generally reports any data to them that we don't see on their quarterly reports.

My own experience with Superdata is that if you track their reports over time, their assumptions are questionable, often leading to them reversing themselves in later months, reporting stuff that ends up not being true, or predictions that don't happen.

A few years ago they had a report saying that Blizzard would need to go all-in on microtransactions, much the same as F2P games have based on their sterling analysis of the revenue from a quarter where there were pre-sales and an expansion launch and the same quarter a year later when there was nothing of any consequence going on. It's was eye-rolling bad. Blizzard's micro-transaction model for WoW is much the same as it's ever been.

Interesting company but I wouldn't say that any of their data about ATVI and Blizzard specifically is based on anything other than assumptions.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.superdataresearch.com/in...on=market-data

They are expensive. I'm not sure that means they're accurate. Again, if you want to judge Superdata Research's success as an institution you need to know how many copies of their reports they are selling, whether sold at a discount, and who to. We'll never know that so it's fine to withhold any judgement on their accuracy.
    Their estimated annual revenue is $5 million, and were considered accurate enough to be acquired by Nielson.

Same reason people genuinely want to see retail fail, or get upset when someone expresses that they enjoy retail/classic. People are so zero sum these days. If classic is a success that must mean retail is failing, or that design philosophies of classic that those people hate will be brought over.

I have no interest and couldn't care less if it does well or not. To each their own. It's been there done that for me. But if it does well that is good for anyone who enjoys classic or retail since it means more money coming in to make the games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thats because people are just like this. People like to complain. Haters gonna hate.

For this simple reason (which is the same why people hate that BFA is still a succes): "If there is something I don't like it is automatically garbage and thus should fail, but if it doesn't fail then maybe I'm wrong and I DON*T LIKE BEING WRONG!"