Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    No, i don't, i am fully aware of this.
    It just highlights a tangential point to this discussion: Blizzard designs the game around an ever decreasing lowest common demoninator in terms of player ability.

If people now want to call me an entitled elitist or whatever based on that, i'm just going to say that they are essentially advocating for more content on the difficulty level of Normal Warfronts, where most of the raid has to be literally AFK to lose.
    Where the entire gameplay aspect of the game has to be neutered down to a level where it's barely existant anymore.
    back then blizz wasn't about release content for afk players, we talking about pre-activision blizzard
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    and which side are you on?
    since i actually read, a lot, and don't stop learning, i'm not on the flat earth anti-vaxx side, what about u

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TaurenFemaleLovah View Post
    One thing they do need to improve is communication, the flight debacle in WoD, could've been handled alot better by just explaining the rationale to paying customers
    we aren't their target anymore, that's the problem
    as many pointed out specially ex-blizz employees, they now answer first to shareholders, not to us players, in fact we are just a 'tool', part of their activities to please shareholders, blizz used to refuse anyone who doesn't play video games to work for them no matter how qualified they were, blizz current ceo denies his own grandchild to play video games when that poor kid visit him at least (yes Bobby did say that)
    we exist mainly (luckily it isn't still 'only') as a way to convince the shareholders to keep investing in blizz, not as actual customers, we are just a part of product, not the consumer, ironic...
    the problem in current system that it will continue to grow, how many wow player u know check mmo-champ ? or even the (are they still heavy moderated?) wow official forums?
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    back then blizz wasn't about release content for afk players, we talking about pre-activision blizzard
    More or less, yeah.

The point is, if you start to design content around the lowest common demoninator, you will sooner or later discover that this a bottomless hole.

Because i for one liked vehicle based combat, i liked Oculus, but any sort of content where you cannot change the difficulty "on a slider", has to be removed or neutered down to a level where there is no more fun to be had.
    It just doesn't stop at Warfronts, more and more content follows this.

Island expedition are a similiar thing, i think Blizzard could have created an interesting experience based on that, but because any big mechanical changes within that mode is a massive no go for the "lower bracket" of players, Blizzard needs to design any content with that in mind.
    So Blizzards to go solution has become the same thing that a lot of other games started to use: A shit ton of difficulty modes where they simply slap % based HP / Dmg modifier onto enemies for each respective difficulty.
    Mythc raids at least still have some unique mechanics, but even there you feel the dip of quality since Legion.

Matter of fact, i am rather skeptical of Torghast in Shadowlands for this very reason, i fear that the "more difficult" floors will simply try to beat you with inflated numbers or a rather hamfisted solution such as Affixes, similiar to M+.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    More or less, yeah.

The point is, if you start to design content around the lowest common demoninator, you will sooner or later discover that this a bottomless hole.
    agree
    Also i had impression that island exp is scenario 2.0, it was only a grindfest, and a sh8t one too since u just go aoe with zero loot and out (during killing)
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power