Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Yes it did. There were many times that blizzard gave free time because of their fuck ups. Server crashes, unplanned maintences, unreasonably long maintences. I actually played in vanilla. Your post proves you didn't.
    Yes they have in the past on few occasions but never for an 8 hour PLANNED and ANNOUNCED window. The situations you are referring to were poor launches(Panda) and instance server instability(Once in Vanilla). 8 hours is neither unreasonable long or unplanned.

Quote Originally Posted by CrawlFromThePit View Post
    They never gave free time for an 8 hours maintenance. They did for things lke you said, unreasonably long maintenance, crashes and things like that. There was plenty of "longer than usual" maintenance without compensation, nothing new here.
    I remember there was a maintenance that lasted half the day and I didn't get shit for it. The last time I got any free days was WoD - and that's because the servers were shitting on themselves for an entire week.
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

It's to give you that "Classic" Vanilla feel, with realistic down time Action.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    You sound like you are being a prick just to be a prick because you like paying more than you should for a game. My job is great
    I'm being a prick because asking for compensation for something that is worth 22 cents is pretty fucking hilarious. 22 cents for 8 hours of entertainement is not "paying more than you should". The weed you smoke costs more, going to the movies costs more. Pretty much anything outside of illegal activities like pirating games and downloading series costs more than WoW.

By any economical and mathematical standard WoW is objectively cheap. =/ There's some exceptions I guess if you play 4000 hours of D3 or OW that's cheaper. It's also shittier but that's another discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by toffmcsoft View Post
    There's a world outside
    I was thinking the same thing. Like, there is more to life than coming to a forum to complain about basic maintenance on a game...... It's really pathetic if I'm being honest. These poor kids.

Servers came up early anyway

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    a horrible example, literally 4 hours in an entire month if you dont count tuesdays?
    That is like, such an insanly low amount of people.

- - - Updated - - -

if your job is great i dont think you would care about a few cents lost per month...
    It is too much as a whole, 10 a month is plenty.

3+ Year Old Account
    If you say so.
    And paying you 10/hour is plenty as well, cuz I aid so. Saying so makes things true.

Yep and we get no compensation in any way, they should halt the timer on our accounts when they do shit like this. If less people put up with it they would compensate more.
    This has to be a joke / trolling right? No one could seriously believe they are entitled to compensation because the game had to come down for 8 hours......

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Yep and we get no compensation in any way, they should halt the timer on our accounts when they do shit like this. If less people put up with it they would compensate more.
    Yes, compensate us all.
    Let's see...

$15/month to play = $0.50 a day (30 day/month avg).
    Being down 8 hours means 8 = 1/3 of 24, so 1/3 of $0.50 =

$0.16 refunded.

Man, that's a hell of a battle to fight.
    Damn the man!!

Phew, I almost quit my job to bg all day. Good thing I didn't.

You sound like you are being a prick just to be a prick because you like paying more than you should for a game. My job is great
    And it sounds like you are being an entitled little brat. 8 hours is not a big deal. $15 is not a big deal considering it grants you access to everything retail has to offer, and the small amount classic has on offer.

Hey that's 3 jolly ranchers I could buy!!

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaulton05 View Post
    8 hours seems a bit excessive to implement a 15 year old patch with a bit of new code.
    probably won't be 8 hours; they just give a max time frame so that if it does take that long people don't get pissy.

Patchday, no play.

Where do you think that came from?

Of all the things to complain about, a scheduled 8h maintenance from 3-11am(which always ends up being shorter) is the one you chose?

Wow.

7+ Year Old Account
    1. 10 hours a month? lol wut?
    2. i offered to pay for your lost 8 cents
    3. 8 cents is too much?
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

I feel bad for you that 17 cents is meaningful. Maybe spend less time posting and get a job or something?

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't believe this thread made it to the page 3 and I can only hope most of comments here are ironic and the rest are OP's ones

Quote Originally Posted by Vaulton05 View Post
    8 hours seems a bit excessive to implement a 15 year old patch with a bit of new code.
    The amount of players I'm sure. That's one thing I've noticed, as people kept quitting wow, the maintenance times went down as well. Now we're at 1 hour vs. 8.