Page 1 of 15
... LastLast

Classic AV is the biggest disappointment

Seriously, people aren't even capping anything. It's 5 minute games.

Yea I wish it was 19 hour games.

Quote Originally Posted by bmjclark View Post
    Yep, its even faster than retail. Why did blizzard think this was ok?

Quote Originally Posted by Mivoc View Post
    Yep, its even faster than retail. Why did blizzard think this was ok?
    Isn't it exactly what Alterac Valley was in 1.12? If so the players are ruining it not blizzard.

Just had a game where both groups wiped, it turned into a normal AV. More than half the alliance raid AFKd out.

I get it. If players aren't playing the game the way you want them to play then it's Blizzards fault. "Why did blizzard think this was OK?" I hear you screech. Stop being so entitled.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    Isn't it exactly what Alterac Valley was in 1.12? If so the players are ruining it not blizzard.
    By 1.12 AV had changed alot from the days of the weekend AV's

I said this multiple times to people saying they were looking forward to vanilla AV.

1.12 AV isn't the vanilla AV of legend. It was allready ruined by then.

Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post

I said this multiple times to people saying they were looking forward to vanilla AV.

I take it that you can kill the bosses with out capping towers?

They're called zoomers for a reason . In all seriousness though, i'm not sure what people expected from 15 year old content that's easier then Korrak's revenge on retail. Did you really expect people in 2019+1 to waste hours in one bg on a game that'll never progress past Naxx?
    Last edited by Megor96; 2019-12-10 at 11:49 PM.

We're also doing Molten Core with Naxxramas talent trees and 16 debuff slots and the Ragnaros nerf already in. Shrug, it is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by bmjclark View Post
    It's because we didn't get classic AV
    We got 1.12 AV

old AV died by the time 1.10 came out.

They made all these changes because of the marks of honor system which really didn't work well with long AV.Imo the reward scheme was flawed and not the BG,but either way it lead to AV getting shorter and shorter,the 1.12 version being notoriously a 5 minutes boss rush

PS : BfA AV is unironically harder,longer and more involved than 1.12 AV,which is quite sad
    Last edited by ONCHEhap; 2019-12-10 at 11:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LedZeppelin View Post
    I take it that you can kill the bosses with out capping towers?
    Yes that broke during vanilla and wasn't fixed till mid tbc.

1.12 AV is the quickest and worst version of AV has ever been. You think it's a joke now, imagine how much of a joke it was with people in t2+

7+ Year Old Account
    We're also doing Molten Core with Naxxramas talent trees and 16 debuff slots and the Ragnaros nerf already in. Shrug, it is what it is.
    rag nerf is not in, but nax talent trees and 16 debuff slots is.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Yea but AV was one of the most defining experiences of classic and imo the only reason I would have played it. Soon as I realised it was 1.12 I lost interest. 1.12 was a pritty shit period in wow, alot of half finished ideas, experimental pre tbc changes and broken shit tbat didn't get fixed till in tbc.

I'm a big classic guy but yeah it sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    rag nerf is not in, but nax talent trees and 16 debuff slots is.
    "WoW Icon update.png Patch 1.5.0 (2005-06-07):
    The eruptions from the lava in Ragnaros's Lair will now always happen while Ragnaros is in combat. However, these lava eruptions occur less frequently, do less damage, and the damage they inflict is now resistible.
    The maximum range of the Wrath of Ragnaros spell has been increased."

I've resisted lava splash so I feel like it must be in?

Pretty much all of the problems with Classic are due to the players bringing modern ideas/gameplay to a game that wasn't allowed to become modern. Blame all the #NoChanges people who shouted down any and all ideas to keep the feel of the game without keeping it obsolete.

Remember when people pointed stuff like this out continuously, before release, and were then told “to back to Retail! You have no idea what you are talking about!” Pepperidge Farms remembers.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    Pretty much all of the problems with Classic are due to the players bringing modern ideas/gameplay to a game that wasn't allowed to become modern. Blame all the #NoChanges people who shouted down any and all ideas to keep the feel of the game without keeping it obsolete.
    Thing with AV was, most people forgot AV went through alot of changes during vanilla and by the end befor tbc added the tower boss buffs it was a complete zerg joke. That would be so bad if it wasn't for the weekend long AV being so part of the legend of vanilla. It really is a gaff to go with the 1.12 AV and I said that befor it was released its a mistake.

Thing with AV was, most people forgot AV went through alot of changes during vanilla and by the end befor tbc added the tower boss buffs it was a complete zerg joke. That would be so bad if it wasn't for the weekend long AV being so part of the legend of vanilla. It really is a gaff to go with the 1.12 AV and I said that befor it was released its a mistake.
    i mean, they could have had classic start at the beginning, but with how people are pushing for content to be released faster and faster, i cant imagine it would have gone over well.