Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    You can. Vanilla did it just fine. You had to learn or else.
    Learn or else what?

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    WOOO! someone tossed the word salad a little too long. Just remember, it is THEIR free time, not yours. How arrogant do you have to be to think you get to say what people should or shouldn't do with their spare time, and even HOW they should be playing certain games.
    not very. id say the same thing if i saw some one hitting there head against the wall.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    You are literally forcing someone to play the way you want.

Newsflash, not everyone plays the same way.

As you cant force the shit player to get better or he unsubs, you cant force the person that wants to find the fastest way possible to achieve something to stop.

Not everyone has some tiny little goal or whatever excuse you tell yourself so you can lie to yourself about your skill level/choices in the game.

Especially when its a "book" or a "movie" you have done 3000 times before.

They want to grind to be superior, thats all WoW Classic is, who grinds the most to get to 1 shotting the rest first.

But yeah, unicorn farts and rainbows for the average low skilled player that believes leveling is content.
    no but i can tell some one who keeps giving feedback like "i like AVs that involve running straight to the boss and ending in 3 mins" to sit down or fuck off, because that makes the game for the most of us worse.

wow is an MMO, that means its a shared space, that means GIVE as well as take, if you don't like people passing comment then play a single player game, if not, then tuff tits mate, because the comments will still come in.

Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    not very. id say the same thing if i saw some one hitting there head against the wall.

- - - Updated - - -

no but i can tell some one who keeps giving feedback like "i like AVs that involve running straight to the boss and ending in 3 mins" to sit down of fuck off, because that makes the game for the most of us worse.

wow is an mmo, that means its a shared space, that means GIVE as well as take, if you dont like people passing comment then play a single player game, if not then tuff tits mate because the comments will still come in.
    "Most of us". Got a source that it's most of the ppl who dont want those quick games? Cause "most" ppl I know want to get in, get the kill for rep, get out, repeat until exalted and get their epic.

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    "Most of us". Got a source that it's most of the ppl who dont want those quick games? Cause "most" ppl I know want to get in, get the kill for rep, get out, repeat until exalted and get their epic.
    I'm one of those people who wanted long AVs back but at least I was under no illusion how classic would play out

Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post

- - - Updated - - -

no but i can tell some one who keeps giving feedback like "i like AVs that involve running straight to the boss and ending in 3 mins" to sit down or fuck off, because that makes the game for the most of us worse.

wow is an MMO, that means its a shared space, that means GIVE as well as take, if you don't like people passing comment then play a single player game, if not, then tuff tits mate, because the comments will still come in.
    But, you are the problem, not the other person, the other person is playing the game correctly, maximizing honor/rep gain over time, you are just an entitled snowflake that expects that everyone will forget everything and play in the middle while mouth drooling like they did in 2005.

Played few games and kinda regretted it... it's not FUN at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    You're trolling. Noone refined anything. They completely changed AV in the middle of TBC again.

Nothing about what I'm saying should fall into the category of trolling. Are you telling me that there were 0 improvements to strats used in classic. If so lol ok have a nice day
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Back in Vanilla players (the Horde) on my server managed to pull off up to 30 consecutive wins on one afternoon - made mocking forum posts about it back then. This is not a big difference. It's not the oldschool AV. And even that on retail can be done in ~12-15 minutes with 4 bunkers/towers down.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightstalker View Post
    Back in Vanilla players (the Horde) on my server managed to pull off up to 30 consecutive wins on one afternoon - made mocking forum posts about it back then. This is not a big difference. It's not the oldschool AV. And even that on retail can be done in ~12-15 minutes with 4 bunkers/towers down.
    yeah we used to do ~15 min AVs, the difference was we HAD to take EVERY tower, EVERY bunker to kill the boss. in the mean time, we also took both mines and all the relevant GYs(and all other side objectives). the only thing they have to do, again, to make it like it was in vanilla, it make the warmasters unkillable death machines who cant be kited.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubbl3 View Post
    I like how everyone responded to my question back in the day what version of vanilla = true vanilla with "1.12". Guess they got what they wanted
    Yeap.
    Then again, whatever version Blizzard would have picked here it would have upset someone.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Yeap.
    Then again, whatever version Blizzard would have picked here it would have upset someone.
    Which is why they should have gone through vanilla with all the patches - or at least the major ones. Yeah, that includes some of the most imbalanced stuff this game has ever seen, but so was it back in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Felrane View Post
    Yep it was the worst version for the last few months of Vanilla. Korrak's revenge on Retail is almost the same AV people remember. Blizzard should just copy and paste it into Classic. They can cave in the side paths with the gnolls and trolls/Korrak but keep the rest imo.
    Source please.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    The players will play in wichever way give the most honor/hour.

Im slightly surprised thou that they arent capping the towers. Doesn't they give alot of honor each?
    Wrong.

Players are playing for rep. In two weeks once the better players are exalted you will see a change in tactics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by Felrane View Post
    Yep it was the worst version for the last few months of Vanilla. Korrak's revenge on Retail is almost the same AV people remember. Blizzard should just copy and paste it into Classic. They can cave in the side paths with the gnolls and trolls/Korrak but keep the rest imo.
    Uhhh, who the fuck remembers that shitshow that is korrak's revenge as what AV was like? That's nothing like classic AV. It's short. It's still the "run past each other completely" strategies. Damn sure haven't seen any Ivus or whatever the other one was called.

My thoughts after my first korrak were "damn, that's not at all the old AV like they said, that's disappointing."

Quote Originally Posted by h4rr0d View Post
    They could have gone with literally any other version of AV and it would have been better. Remember when they said they don't have the map/numbers for pre 1.12 AV? Well, korak's revenge proves that to be false statement.
    Source please.
    why so mad bro

We all told it to Blizzard when they made the retarded "we'll go with 1.12 AV" announce in june. But as usual with Blizz, they made a shit decision and didn't listen to feedback. What can we say, it's like when you play a beta and tell them about the problem and they keep saying "no it'll be fine" and it isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by dragothica View Post
    The original AV would be one of the few #NOCHANGES exclusions. It would be so much better to have the original version instead of the boring boss rush mode. What were they thinking..

Some streamers are even making "speedruns" how quickly they can rush it. Yeah, very original and vanilla-like.
    I get it. #NoChanges except for the ones that you want personally. 1.12 was released during vanilla. This makes this version of AV extremely vanilla like. If you played back in vanilla like I did then you wouldn't be this confused.
    why so mad bro

Imagine enjoying playing AV...
    Go queue up for WSG if you want to PVP.

Here's a tip, if you want to play AV like the good old days, set up a premade group and turtle.
    After a few matches of turtling you'll get bored and stop complaining about the 1.12 AV.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubbl3 View Post
    Which is why they should have gone through vanilla with all the patches - or at least the major ones. Yeah, that includes some of the most imbalanced stuff this game has ever seen, but so was it back in the day.
    Meh, it was always imbalanced but maybe you're right.

Well, Classic is based off 1.12, and 1.12 AV is what you got. Don't tell me you guys want something to...change??

Oh no. I said the dread word. I can hear the earth-shattering screeching already.

The nochanges crowd makes me cringe, and will get zero sympathy from me.
    Scheduled weekly maintenance caught me by surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by Sithalos View Post
    Well, Classic is based off 1.12, and 1.12 AV is what you got. Don't tell me you guys want something to...change??

Oh no. I said the dread word. I can hear the earth-shattering screeching already.

The nochanges crowd makes me cringe, and will get zero sympathy from me.
    most of the nochanges crowd didnt want classic to launch on 1.12 for this very reason.