Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Like I said somewhere else, once everyone gets their Exalted with Frostwolf and Stormpike nobody will willingly go to AV except for BG Weekends
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by Ettan View Post
    Genius lol.

Honor resets every single week.
    And each week is independent of the last, only your RP and its ever increasing decay carries over.

If you farmed 1 billion honor and got standing 1 in one week; that means nothing for the next week.

Its like none of you ever bother to understand this system, so it is not suprising that you get abit miffed when results are not up to par.
    Well I will be at least rank 5 by next week with how much I have done already haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Well I will be at least rank 5 by next week with how much I have done already haha.
    Please post here next week. It doesnt work like that. You said you are rank 2 correct? That means you have between 2k and 5k RP. We will guess 3k. That means with decay you lose 600 pts putting you at 2400. If you somehow made it into the top bracket (top 0.3% of earners), you would gain ~12000 RP. That will put you at 14400 RP, which is rank 4.

If you are closer to 4.9k RP into rank 2, and were closer to the very top earning the full 13000 RP of bracket 14, you cld theoretically jump to rank 5, but I dont believe that's the case. If you've been pvping as much as you say, you'll for sure hit 3, and possibly 4, but I think you're gonna be disappointed come tuesday

Jumped from rank one to four last week. I placed 112 which got me into bracket 12 i think. Playing any minute more would have impacted my real life. I find it hard to get into the last brackets without making inane amount of honor per week to compete with the 100 most dedicated people right now. And my server is not that populated. 500k is barely a bit above the average if you wish to progress if my server can serve as any benchmark

OP got pwned so hard in this thread that he's now making excuses as to why he won't AFK to rank 14 with ease as he basically said multiple times.

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    Please post here next week. It doesnt work like that. You said you are rank 2 correct? That means you have between 2k and 5k RP. We will guess 3k. That means with decay you lose 600 pts putting you at 2400. If you somehow made it into the top bracket (top 0.3% of earners), you would gain ~12000 RP. That will put you at 14400 RP, which is rank 4.

If you are closer to 4.9k RP into rank 2, and were closer to the very top earning the full 13000 RP of bracket 14, you cld theoretically jump to rank 5, but I dont believe that's the case. If you've been pvping as much as you say, you'll for sure hit 3, and possibly 4, but I think you're gonna be disappointed come tuesday
    My standing right now is 1000 on my server which means it will be easier to move my standing as the population is very low on Alliance.

My standing right now is 1000 on my server which means it will be easier to move my standing as the population is very low on Alliance.
    That's good but you can still only gain 13000 RP per week, and that's before you factor in the decay. Your honor gained for the week is added up and then compared to everyone else on your server to determine your standing. Then you are placed into a bracket based on that relative standing. Then you are awarded 0-13000 RP ( not including decay) based on that bracket. Absolute value of honor means nothing, relative honor gained is all that matters.

That's good but you can still only gain 13000 RP per week, and that's before you factor in the decay. Your honor gained for the week is added up and then compared to everyone else on your server to determine your standing. Then you are placed into a bracket based on that relative standing. Then you are awarded 0-13000 RP ( not including decay) based on that bracket.
    Ok well still not too bad if I only end up 4, better than 3 lmao. I just want to get to 7 before I stop and I will be happy.

Ok well still not too bad if I only end up 4, better than 3 lmao. I just want to get to 7 before I stop and I will be happy.
    Rank 7 is 25000 RP. Your decay will approach 5k as you get closer. So you will have to earn 5k+ RP a week to get there. So you can casually grind til you hit a plateau and then the final push will require bracket 7 RP gains. That is the top ~23% of your server. Not too hard but something to keep in mind.

Rank 7 is 25000 RP. Your decay will approach 5k as you get closer. So you will have to earn 5k+ RP a week to get there. So you can casually grind til you hit a plateau and then the final push will require bracket 7 RP gains. That is the top ~23% of your server. Not too hard but something to keep in mind.
    Awesome! Thank you for explaining it better!

Quote Originally Posted by Naraga View Post
    Probably cause most people who played Vanilla never really played much of 1.12. People just waited for TBC.
    Those who played Vanilla from start to end, played 1.12 aswell.
    Just most of the time it was on better patch levels.

1.12 and X-realm bg's made bg's feel pointless, you didnt know your enemies or teammates.
    The fun of fighting against the real teams from your server vanished, and so did the interrest in bgs. (enter arenas shortly after)

10+ Year Old Account
    When you afk for 5 mins u get kicked. Blizz detects auto mouse clicker. The entire honor system is based off of time played for the most part anyway.

If someone wants to sit at their computer queuing for AV and jumping every few mins to avoid afk, for 15 hours a day, I say let them get 14. Not really any different than a 10 man premade stomping pugs without any real threat of losing.
    This goes for retail but a friend showed me a video of him having his keyboard auto have him jump/move back and forward. He leveled 8 characters this way to 120 just afking in AV. Even with the "Report XXXX afk".

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by epLe View Post
    Those who played Vanilla from start to end, played 1.12 aswell.
    Just most of the time it was on better patch levels.

1.12 and X-realm bg's made bg's feel pointless, you didnt know your enemies or teammates.
    The fun of fighting against the real teams from your server vanished, and so did the interrest in bgs. (enter arenas shortly after)
    The battlegroups were generally small enough to still form rivalries, especially at the top-end.

There you'd normally only face off against 2 or 3 teams anyway, since the rest would just AFK dodge.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    Warsong
    13-18 minutes queue time
    2k honor per win
    0 honor when lose
    4min - 45min per match

AV
    1-2min queue time
    2k honor per lose, up to 4k honor per win
    6 - 15 min per match

Warsong solo queue = cancer
    AV solo queue = i can go afk and have all the honor

How long until the first AFK rank 14 pops up?

Edit: Yes, yes. I know that pure honor gain is not "enough". But if you know of a way how to gain more honor than via chain queuing AV, let me know.
    you sir, have been pwned.